Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Mueller Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    Nevertheless Mueller, always the sole of propriety, twice asked Attorney General William Barr to release Mueller's ownhttps://thehill.com/policy/national-...s-key-findings

And yet Barr refused to comply.
    And in fact those executive summaries were released, along with the whole report.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Last edited by firstfloor; 05-02-2019, 02:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        Nevertheless Mueller, always the sole of propriety, twice asked Attorney General William Barr to release Mueller's ownhttps://thehill.com/policy/national-...s-key-findings

smiley yawn.gif

Since Mueller himself emphasized that Barr's summary was not misleading or inaccurate this amounts to little more than a difference in style -- a case of I like mine better.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• The only thing I'd be interested in seeing is if Maddow had the intellectual honesty to press Hillary about her comment that Trump "would certainly have been indicted" considering the latter's own undeniable criminal activities that she was given a pass for

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Next, they'll be bringing in the

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36791[/ATTACH]

Not the comfy chair!

Comment

• A couple from Turley:

-- Quick impressions from Barr's Senate testimony:

"If [Barr's assertions about his interactions with MuellerWilliam Barr should be scrutinized on his record rather than rhetoric
              Last edited by NorrinRadd; 05-02-2019, 04:35 AM.
              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                And in fact those executive summaries were released, along with the whole report.
                https://www.vox.com/2019/5/1/1852529...barr-testimony

It seems Barr intended to shape a narrative favorable to Trump in the public mind, before the actual, far more critical Report was released.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post

You're as stupid as Senator Whitehorse. I posted this hilarious transcript from the hearings earlier in the thread:

Sheldon Whitehouse: (Referring to Mueller's letter) "When you talk about the executive summaries that Mueller provided you, they are the documents, the enclosed documents with that letter that we have not been provided."

Barr: "I think they were."

Whitehouse: [Several seconds of silence] "The... uh..."

Barr: "You have been provided them. They're in the report."

Whitehouse: [Stares in silence]

Barr: "They're the summaries in the report."
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                    https://www.vox.com/2019/5/1/1852529...barr-testimony

It seems Barr intended to shape a narrative favorable to Trump in the public mind, before the actual, far more critical Report was released.
                    In the same phonecall Iin which Mueller emphasized that Barr's summary was neither inaccurate nor misleading, Barr said he wanted to release the report all at once instead of piecemeal in order to avoid further confusion, and Mueller agreed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      In the same phonecall Iin which Mueller emphasized that Barr's summary was neither inaccurate nor misleading, Barr said he wanted to release the report all at once instead of piecemeal in order to avoid further confusion, and Mueller agreed.

Overall, what is happening here is an expansion of presidential power and the effective declawing of tge legislative branch. We are seeing how our governments checjs and balances can be overcome by a person who would be king. The checks only work if each branch has integrity and the best interests of the country at heart. If the president has an attorney general like barr that will compromise himself for the president, a week congress and a friendky senate that again is willing to put maintaining political power above the good of the country.

Trump is a continuation of a long line of opportunistic, party centric moves to grant additional power to the president. And he is the one sitting at the critical juncture where that power has grown beyond the capacity to be effectiveky constained.

A president should not be able to get away with what trump has gotten away with. In any previous time, he would have veen removed ftom office by now.

You that rejoice in his victories are blind fools.

Jim
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                        Overall, what is happening here is an expansion of presidential power and the effective declawing of tge legislative branch. We are seeing how our governments checjs and balances can be overcome by a person who would be king. The checks only work if each branch has integrity and the best interests of the country at heart. If the president has an attorney general like barr that will compromise himself for the president, ...
                        There is no evidence this AG has "compromised" himself in any way.

a week congress and a friendky senate that again is willing to put maintaining political power above the good of the country.
                        A friendly Senate and an adversarial House. Neither is ideal. Only a fool would be trusting enough to be the first to "disarm."

Trump is a continuation of a long line of opportunistic, party centric moves to grant additional power to the president. And he is the one sitting at the critical juncture where that power has grown beyond the capacity to be effectiveky constained.
                        Piffle. Again be reminded that he has done little more than blow out a lot of bloviating and bombast, while it was GWB who put in place the Patriot Act, and BHO and his direct underlings who targeted groups and individuals, whether by means of surveillance, or via oppressive tax investigations.

It was his predecessors who were more in need of "constraint."

A president should not be able to get away with what trump has gotten away with. In any previous time, he would have veen removed ftom office by now.
                        You are well and truly in-Lindsey-Grahaming-sane.

Jim
                        And you're a smelly jackass caked top to bottom in the ____ that has overflowed after totally filling your head.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

• What Barr did was to get in before Mueller so that Trump could claim exoneration. Barr thinks that Presidents are above the law and he was putting that into effect. The report itself speaks louder than Barr and shows how damaging the Trump presidency is and continues to be. The Republic is STILL under attack and defences are still down - the likes of McConnell and Graham have their foot on it - they ought to be seen for the traitors they are - history will judge them harshly.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
                            Overall, what is happening here is an expansion of presidential power and the effective declawing of tge legislative branch. We are seeing how our governments checjs and balances can be overcome by a person who would be king. The checks only work if each branch has integrity and the best interests of the country at heart. If the president has an attorney general like barr that will compromise himself for the president, a week congress and a friendky senate that again is willing to put maintaining political power above the good of the country.

Jim
                            I really don't know what to make of these sorts of delusional rants. Trump was falsely accused of conspiring with a foreign government. He defended his innocence and tried to close down what he knew beyond all doubt was a political witch-hunt by exercising certain executive powers explicitly granted him in the Constitution. He was vindicated without qualification when Mueller's report did not describe a single law broken by the President. And for that, you accuse him of somehow being guilty of a power grab? Please.

It seems the only thing the President is guilty of is defeating Hillary at the polls, and surviving an attempted coup by members of the previous administration. It's funny, you would think that even Trump's critics would have reason to celebrate the fact that our President was not compromised by Russia, but, no, you're so stuck in that irrational "Orange man bad!" mentality that you can't even breath a guarded sigh of relief. You remind me of that CS Lewis quote talking about how people who are disappointed when they discover that things are not as bad as they could have been are walking down a path that leads to unconstrained evil.
                            Last edited by Mountain Man; 05-02-2019, 07:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              I really don't know what to make of these sorts of delusional rants. Trump was falsely accused of conspiring with a foreign government. He defended his innocence and tried to close down what he knew beyond all doubt was a political witch-hunt by exercising certain executive powers explicitly granted him in the Constitution. He was vindicated without qualification when Mueller's report did not describe a single law broken by the President. And for that, you accuse him of somehow being guilty of a power grab? Please.

It seems the only thing the President is guilty of is defeating Hillary at the polls, and surviving an attempted coup by members of the previous administration. It's funny, you would think that even Trump's critics would have reason to celebrate the fact that our President was not compromised by Russia, but, no, you're so stuck in that irrational "Orange man bad!" mentality that you can't even breath a guarded sigh of relief. You remind me of that CS Lewis quote talking about how people who are disappointed when they discover that things are not as bad as they could have been are walking down a path that leads to unconstrained evil.
                              And I don't know what to make of people that refuse to see what is happening over the long term because of opportunistic power grabs by both parties. The trend in at least the last 3 presidencies is to give the president more power because it is easier to accomplish what they want to accomplish if 'their guy' has more power. But this continued progression towards enhanced presidential power is very, very dangerous. Yes it can be easier to get what that party wants done, but it also brings us closer and closer to the potential for a power grab by a single individual - the sort of individual Trump is in fact. Whether or not that transfer of power is sufficient to allow for that today, it is still mind boggling to see how many people simply do not understand why there are 3 branches of government and why the power MUST be distributed evenly across them. Trump is especially bad at ABUSING his power, and so that should be raising red flags. But no, the blinders to history and of human nature are just pressed more securely over the eyes as you refuse to recognize the danger to the republic of a man like Trump if too much power is granted to the presidency.

But make no mistake - trump is not the focus here. The focus is the continued march towards more presidential power that could one day allow for someone like Trump to get the power they crave.

Jim
                              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-02-2019, 08:56 AM.
                              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                                What Barr did was to get in before Mueller so that Trump could claim exoneration. Barr thinks that Presidents are above the law and he was putting that into effect. The report itself speaks louder than Barr and shows how damaging the Trump presidency is and continues to be. The Republic is STILL under attack and defences are still down - the likes of McConnell and Graham have their foot on it - they ought to be seen for the traitors they are - history will judge them harshly.
                                HAHAAHHAHAHAH!!!! Now THAT'S the firstfloor that I know. Completely delusional - and proud of it.
                                That's what
                                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment