Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Joe Biden, Me Too..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    It took awhile for him to deal with Mueller's shattering his collusion delusion.
    I think you mean the Barr spin on the Mueller report. Still asleep I see, eh rogue?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Yes, but Mueller finding no reason to charge the President with a crime appears to have caused his brain to pop.
      Have you seen the Mueller reort yet MM? No? I didn't think so!

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
        Well I was a little upset when Hillary wan't charged, so I feel Jim's pain.
        So, you secretly know that Trump is guilty of many things and ignore it because your a member of the tribe.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          Christian faith on the whole is very much incompatible with the hypocrisy you describe. The flaw is in the people and a culture that has developed in american evangelical circles that is blind to its own moral dissonance. This is human nature, the human nature we believe necessitated Christ's death. We are all very much capable of believing very much the right thing, yet acting out 180 degrees out of sync with that belief and at the same time thinking that somehow it's all justifiable.

Jim
          True, but we each have to wake up to the facts sometime.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            It took awhile for him to deal with Mueller's shattering his collusion delusion.

Comment

Christian faith on the whole is very much incompatible with the hypocrisy you describe. The flaw is in the people and a culture that has developed in american evangelical circles that is blind to its own moral dissonance. This is human nature, the human nature we believe necessitated Christ's death. We are all very much capable of believing very much the right thing, yet acting out 180 degrees out of sync with that belief and at the same time thinking that somehow it's all justifiable.

Jim
              Well, as someone outside Evangelical circles, I can only assess them by their actions. And the undeniable fact is that the man THEY put into power is an immoral reprobate. And they continue to defend him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                We've instituted a policy in our church that with kids, there's always 2 adults in the room at all times. And a one adult is absolutely never to be alone with a single child.
                Yup - and EVERYBODY who works with children has to pass a background check. Even our VBS volunteers.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                  Well, as someone outside Evangelical circles, I can only assess them by their actions. And the undeniable fact is that the man THEY put into power is an immoral reprobate. And they continue to defend him.
                  What you say is quite true. It is on us to live up to what we say we believe. My only point is, the fault lies not in what christ and the scriptures teach, but in the people that claim to represent what Christ and the scriptures teach.

What that means then in practical terms is that one must be careful to recognize that since the teachings of Christ are opposing this behavior, you can expect there are many Christians in the world that would be just as offended as you are, and thus it would be unfair to ascribe this behaviour to Christian faith itself. Just as it is unfair to ascribe the practice of suicide bombing necessarily to the Muslim faith.

Jim
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                    We've instituted a policy in our church that with kids, there's always 2 adults in the room at all times. And a one adult is absolutely never to be alone with a single child.
                    Thatv s basically a requirement at this point. I wouodnt even consider leaving a child in a church children's program that did not have such a policy.

Jim
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      So, you secretly know that Trump is guilty of many things and ignore it because your a member of the tribe.
                      Jim, I would not doubt that Trump had some shady business deals, he was a NY developer for goodness sake. But collusion with the Russians to fix the election (which this is all about), no, I don't see it - and neither did Mueller. And really Jim don't be so bitter, it is not good for you. We will survive Trump, just as we survived Obama or Bush or Clinton.
                      Last edited by seer; 04-07-2019, 10:23 AM.
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Jim, I would not doubt that Trump had some shady business deals, he was a NY developer for goodness sake.
                        That doesn't excuse the fact that you elected a known thief and a lying con man to be the president of the U.S. He is a liar and thief, a big time thief, not just a bit shady, and he is using his office to continue the practice at the expense of the reputation of the most prominent democracy in the world. Thank the god I don't believe in that he, and the unethical republican toadies that look the other way will be gone soon before he causes any more damage to the country and the world.

But collusion with the Russians to fix the election (which this is all about), no, I don't see it - and neither did Mueller. And really Jim don't be so bitter, it is not good for you. We will survive Trump, just as we survived Obama or Bush or Clinton.
                        I understand that is what you would like to believe, but we already know different regardless of the Mueller report and soon you won't be able to live in denial any longer either. I agree we will survive Trump, but he is making us, making democracy, look bad, and is doing great harm to the free world.
                        Last edited by JimL; 04-07-2019, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                          Rather, we defend the President from false accusations and treasonous attempts to remove him from office. I personally have not seen a single person defend his personal moral failings.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Jim, I would not doubt that Trump had some shady business deals, he was a NY developer for goodness sake. But collusion with the Russians to fix the election (which this is all about), no, I don't see it - and neither did Mueller. And really Jim don't be so bitter, it is not good for you. We will survive Trump, just as we survived Obama or Bush or Clinton.
                            We only survived Obama because of Trump. If Hillary had been elected then I have little doubt that we would have zero border security, our economy would have collapsed, and we would be involved in a full-scale war with Russia.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

What you say is quite true. It is on us to live up to what we say we believe. My only point is, the fault lies not in what christ and the scriptures teach, but in the people that claim to represent what Christ and the scriptures teach.

What that means then in practical terms is that one must be careful to recognize that since the teachings of Christ are opposing this behavior, you can expect there are many Christians in the world that would be just as offended as you are, and thus it would be unfair to ascribe this behaviour to Christian faith itself. Just as it is unfair to ascribe the practice of suicide bombing necessarily to the Muslim faith.

Jim
                              I'm not ascribing such behavior to Christians in general, just to Evangelicals. They are the ones that put Trump into power. Many Christians I know were and are appalled.
                              Last edited by Tassman; 04-07-2019, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                Rather, we defend the President from false accusations and treasonous attempts to remove him from office.
                                I personally have not seen a single person defend his personal moral failings.
                                And yet the Evangelicals put into power a known moral reprobate. Obviously gross immorality is not a problem for Evangelicals.

Comment