Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

No Collusion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rosenstein was deeply involved in its drafting

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Rosenstein was deeply involved in its drafting
      An anonymous source says that Barr and Rosenstein were surprised that Mueller punted on the obstruction charges because there was no evidence.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jus...ld-not-n987041
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        What pitiful little life do you lead, Jim, that causes you to spew such venom and hate? I'm fully prepared to allow things to develop as they do, and for the truth to come out, whatever it may be.
        What venom and hate? I didn't insult you yet. Grow up.
        And, again, I think you have no idea what impeachment actually is. The HOUSE may possibly impeach Trump, but unless there's overwhelming evidence of criminal activity, the SENATE is not likely to remove him from office.
        There already is overwhelming evidence that the scoundrel should be impeached. Open your eyes and clean out your ears. The Senate will impeach when the people force them to.

Comment

Rosenstein was deeply involved in its drafting

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
            What venom and hate? I didn't insult you yet. Grow up.

There already is overwhelming evidence that the scoundrel should be impeached. Open your eyes and clean out your ears. The Senate will impeach when the people force them to.
            The House impeaches. The Senate decides whether or not to convict.

Highly unlikely there will be enough evidence of anything to motivate "the people" to "force" the required 67 Senators to vote to convict.
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Do you think for a moment that if Barr misrepresented anything that Rosenstein (or Mueller for that matter) would have remained silent?

As has been repeatedly pointed out prosecutors cannot "exonerate" anyone and a number of legal scholars from both the left and the right have commented on this unusual phrasing. The consensus is that there simply was not sufficient evidence to charge anyone.

Deal with it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• At this point, he has not even *attempted* to block it -- including stuff he probably *should* keep privileged for the long-term good of the office.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                  At this point, he has not even *attempted* to block it -- including stuff he probably *should* keep privileged for the long-term good of the office.
                  https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...mueller-report

Comment

Do you think for a moment that if Barr misrepresented anything that Rosenstein (or Mueller for that matter) would have remained silent?

As has been repeatedly pointed out prosecutors cannot "exonerate" anyone and a number of legal scholars from both the left and the right have commented on this unusual phrasing. The consensus is that there simply was not sufficient evidence to charge anyone.
                    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019...e-barr-summary

So enough of speculation, Congress and the public needs the actual report to enable it to arrive at its own conclusions free from the bias of Trump and his lackeys.

Comment

Highly unlikely there will be enough evidence of anything to motivate "the people" to "force" the required 67 Senators to vote to convict.
                      Well, we just don't know do we? We haven't seen the Report.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                        Well, we just don't know do we? We haven't seen the Report.
                        I begin to wonder if the MSM is being played.
                        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                        Scripture before Tradition:
                        but that won't prevent others from
                        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

At this point, he has not even *attempted* to block it -- including stuff he probably *should* keep privileged for the long-term good of the office.
                          Indeed. The President has left the matter entirely in the hands of the Attorney General.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                            https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019...e-barr-summary

So enough of speculation, Congress and the public needs the actual report to enable it to arrive at its own conclusions free from the bias of Trump and his lackeys.
                            We've been over this already. A prosecutor's report of an investigation can not, by law, be damaging to a person who was not indicted. If a prosecutor couldn't make his case to the satisfaction of a grand jury (and keep in mind, grand juries favor the prosecution), then that's the end of it. They don't get a "do over" by trying to publicly ruin an innocent man's reputation.

So if Dirty Cop Mueller and his goon squad really did skirt the law and try to load up the report with negative information about Trump, then legally, every word of it should be redacted prior to any public release.

(And I wonder if that was their plan all along, to create a report that is legally required to be heavily redacted, then float the narrative that it's damaging to Trump, and then accuse the Department of Justice of a cover-up when the redacted report is eventually released.)

Comment

Highly unlikely to motivate your ilk, true, but like the last election, your ilk won't be enough for Trump to hold the republican Senate in check. But it's okay, even if he is not impeached by Congress, he will ultimately be impeached by the good patriotic people of the U.S. in 2020.

Comment

Of course he has attemted to block it. Why do you think he appointed Barr? There is no reason that the full report, with minimal redactions, can't be turned over to Congress and there is only one reason that it hasn't been, and that is because Trump and his team are doing everything they can to keep it from them, and from you.

Comment