Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Transgender sprinters finish 1st, 2nd at Connecticut girls indoor track championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Bill the Cat, the OPer, I hope you don't mind - I copy and pasted your entire opening post to start off a similar thread in another forum. Your post doesn't contain any of your opinion but rather just the facts, so I assumed you'd be okay with it.
    America - too good to let the conservatives drag it back to 1950.

Comment

• Originally posted by Electric Septic View Post
      Note: for the rest of this post I shall use 'man' and 'woman' to refer to gender, and 'male' and 'female' to refer to biological sex.
      There is no difference between biological sex and gender. As I said in another thread: if you have to mangle the English language to make your point, then you don't actually have a point.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• I am fine with this. Them more the libs keep doing crap like this, and allowing men to keep subjugating women in sports and other areas by claiming they are women, the more they are shooting themselves in the foot. As more and more women wake up to the oppression of liberalism, the more they will reject it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Electric Skeptic View Post
          Sport is obviously an area where the distinction between gender and sex is important. Males and females are not equal in physical performance, as has been known throughout human history. For centuries females were considered too 'frail' and 'weak' to compete at all; thankfully we have long passed that absurdity. However, we still recognise the inherent differences between males and females on the sporting field by having separate 'divisions' for them. Nobody wants to (or talks seriously of) merging the men's and women's golf tours or professional tennis ranks - everybody knows that if they did so, the females would simply quit as they would not be able to compete. On the (relatively rare) occasions when top-level male and female athletes have competed on equal footing (equal apart from their biological sex, that is), the females have invariably been thrashed. This is no slight on women; it is an inevitable fact of biology. The greatest female tennis player in history, Serena Williams, would be easily beaten by any male player in the top 100 in the world. This is no more or less insulting than stating that a team of six foot tall males will always hammer a team of four foot tall males at basketball (all other things being equal). As much as they train, as hard as they try, the four foot tall males will always lose. Encouraging them to try harder is futile and not the point.
          You made a bunch of great points in your post. Just to add something more....

It's not only a case of women being unable to compete evenly against transgender athletes, but in certain sports, it can actually be dangerous. Sports that involve physical challenges or tackling, such as rugby, Australian rules, American football, etc, and especially combat sports such as MMA and boxing are ones where it is dangerous to have a physical male compete against a physical female. Men have significantly greater upper body strength etc, and can often easily overpower a biological female of similar size and training.

Here's an example of a transgender athlete wanting to compete with women, in a sport which involves very physical contact, yet from the photo is clearly substantially more muscular and stronger than any of the women.

7b6afac9ba2e443f2e2bb0330b1e00ce?width=700.jpg
          Transgender footballer Hannah Mouncey is planning legal action against the AFL and its Gender Diversity Policy in an attempt to play top-level local footy in Canberra.
          ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            I am fine with this. Them more the libs keep doing crap like this, and allowing men to keep subjugating women in sports and other areas by claiming they are women, the more they are shooting themselves in the foot. As more and more women wake up to the oppression of liberalism, the more they will reject it.
            It is the real war on women and not just a fake slogan.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              It is the real war on women and not just a fake slogan.
              I don't really follow women's sports --- is this big at the college level, or is this just getting started?
              High school sports?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I don't really follow women's sports --- is this big at the college level, or is this just getting started?
                High school sports?
                Given that there aren't that many transgender athletes it could be regarded as rather small, but it effects more than just the team they play on. It effects anyone they compete against and when it comes to championships (state and national) and the like, those as well.

When you have a group of athletes that consistently dominate and keep breaking records set by actual women, it wrecks havoc on the sports they compete in.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Given that there aren't that many transgender athletes it could be regarded as rather small, but it effects more than just the team they play on. It effects anyone they compete against and when it comes to championships (state and national) and the like, those as well.

When you have a group of athletes that consistently dominate and keep breaking records set by actual women, it wrecks havoc on the sports they compete in.
                  Pretty much what I thought -- and, agreed.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• There is definitely a case for banning post-puberty trans women from sports where they have an advantage. Sport has to be fair and it is up to the sport governing bodies to sort it out. But there are many others that are somewhere in the middle, like Caster Semenya, for example. The fact is that there are not two very distinct sexes as many suppose.

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                      The fact is that there are not two very distinct sexes as many suppose.
                      It doesn't get much more anti-science than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Pretty much what I thought -- and, agreed.
                        Saw this not long after posting my response which pretty much echoes my thoughts -- especially the part I circled

140766313_10222055326065839_6600036664524297463_o.jpg

Comment

• What we're looking at is a world in which no woman will ever again hold a record in a sporting event. The record books will be filled exclusively with the feats of males.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

It doesn't get much more anti-science than that.
                            No doubt your science book is covered in dust and dated about 1850.

Comment

• I think it is time for Pence to come out as a trans and claim the title as the first woman vice-president form Kamala Harris, and watch the left's heads explode.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                I think it is time for Pence to come out as a trans and claim the title as the first woman vice-president form Kamala Harris, and watch the left's heads explode.
                                Yet there are two problems: Pence (to our knowledge) is not trans and he wasn't elected but Kamala was:+}

Comment