Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Transgender sprinters finish 1st, 2nd at Connecticut girls indoor track championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thormas View Post

I had to pick myself up off the floor.........more humor, actually some very good humor from CP.

Nature and nurture - depending on the individual. Simply because a guy plays b-ball doesn't mean he can beat any girl at that sport or in a race or on a horse, or throw a pitch faster, hit a ball farther and on and on.

No one is saying any male could beat any female in any specific competition or outside their training. Merely that males have biological advantages over females.

Here's male athletes under 18 out performing female professional athletes.

https://web.law.duke.edu/sports/sex-...c-performance/
    P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Sport is not an exception in that a trans might have an interest and/or be very good, the point is, is the completion fair.
      But you that "sports aside" -- which is another way of saying "with the exception of sports" -- trans people should be able to live however they choose. Why should it be "sports aside" if a man decides he's a woman and wants to compete against women? According to liberals, isn't it his right to compete against the gender he identifies with?
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

It was just a suggestion. But I can't recall him ever stating "I identify as a male" - and if he was in the closet at the time, that still doesn't negate the fact that he could actually be a woman! Right?

Maybe Trump should claim he was the first woman President!
        Until Obama came along there were more than a few who regarded him as being the first black president.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Until Obama came along there were more than a few who regarded him as being the first black president.
          Bill Clinton claimed that honor, no?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I don't remember whether or not he personally referred to himself thusly, but he certainly never gainsayed those who did.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You're not "the left", my friend --- you're the extreme nutter left. The people I work with - almost entirely minorities - are "the left", and are, for the most part, reasonable and responsible people.
              Humor again.........

Comment

• Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

No one is saying any male could beat any female in any specific competition or outside their training. Merely that males have biological advantages over females.

Here's male athletes under 18 out performing female professional athletes.

https://web.law.duke.edu/sports/sex-...c-performance/
                and no one is arguing that either

Comment

That was Toni Morrison writing in the October 1998 issue of the New Yorker.

https://www.theatlantic.com/notes/20...liment/402517/
                  When I Survey....

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

But you that "sports aside" -- which is another way of saying "with the exception of sports" -- trans people should be able to live however they choose. Why should it be "sports aside" if a man decides he's a woman and wants to compete against women? According to liberals, isn't it his right to compete against the gender he identifies with?
                    As has been discussed sports seems to be a field where transsexuality causes a problem and can give an unfair advantage. And its not 'according to liberals' ............ I am a liberal and I see an issue with sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faber View Post

That was Toni Morrison writing in the October 1998 issue of the New Yorker.

https://www.theatlantic.com/notes/20...liment/402517/
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        I am fine with this. Them more the libs keep doing crap like this, and allowing men to keep subjugating women in sports and other areas by claiming they are women, the more they are shooting themselves in the foot. As more and more women wake up to the oppression of liberalism, the more they will reject it.
                        Please tell me how men are "subjugating women in sports"?

America - too good to let the conservatives drag it back to 1950.

Comment

I remember when runners with prosthetics were actually thought to have an unfair advantage on persons without artificial limbs.

Blade Runners: Do High-Tech Prostheses Give Runners an Unfair Advantage?
                          That should never have been allowed.

Comment

I had to pick myself up off the floor.........more humor, actually some very good humor from CP.

Nature and nurture - depending on the individual. Simply because a guy plays b-ball doesn't mean he can beat any girl at that sport or in a race or on a horse, or throw a pitch faster, hit a ball farther and on and on.
                            Certainly true, but on average, a guy can beat any girl at that sport, or in a race, or throw a pitch faster, and so forth. By about 20%. That's why there are separate divisions for men and women in virtually every sport.

Actually, in every sport? I'm trying to think of a sport in which men and women compete directly and can't.

Comment

As has been discussed sports seems to be a field where transsexuality causes a problem and can give an unfair advantage. And its not 'according to liberals' ............ I am a liberal and I see an issue with sports.
                              Which brings us back to: How is it not hypocritical to on the one hand approve of the idea that a man can be a woman simply because he says so, and on the other discriminate against him by saying he shouldn't be allowed to compete against women? You talk about a man who calls himself a woman having an "unfair advantage" against actual women, but so what? Some people are inherently more athletically inclined than others and will always have an advantage over their competitors, so why shouldn't a man who decides he's a woman enjoy "her" natural advantage?
                              Last edited by Mountain Man; 01-22-2021, 04:45 PM.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Perhaps you missed the part where I said "tend to" not "automatically does".

There are truly things that happen in the natural world that the left would love to ignore
                                No, there aren't. There are things that happen in the natural world that the right imagine the left would love to ignore. Big difference.

Comment