Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mueller Report Next Week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty much.

OTOH, Mueller could have opted to not be a pansy and could have definitively said there were insufficient grounds for obstruction charges, rather than putting the decision in the hands of Barr. After all, he would have been completely aware of the opinion Barr had written.

Other than that, it is statutes, DOJ policies and regulations, and established Constitutional principles ("Executive Privilege") -- or from the TDS libtard perspective, Barr's dishonestly hiding behind those excuses --that will keep some things dark.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• ‎Sunny Hostin? Joy(less) Behar? Is that you?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Turley's take.
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
          Pretty much.

OTOH, Mueller could have opted to not be a pansy and could have definitively said there were insufficient grounds for obstruction charges, rather than putting the decision in the hands of Barr. After all, he would have been completely aware of the opinion Barr had written.

Other than that, it is statutes, DOJ policies and regulations, and established Constitutional principles ("Executive Privilege") -- or from the TDS libtard perspective, Barr's dishonestly hiding behind those excuses --that will keep some things dark.
          There would be only one legitimate reason to keep any info in that report dark, and that would be if there were no evidence of crimes, and the only information kept out of the public eye would be either of a personal nature or critical to the security of the country.

We will have to see if a redacted copy is ever made public. But if there are actual crimes listed in that report committed by the president, then this AG is a sham, and anyone comfortable with hiding that truth is in fact an enemy of this country.

And yes, that goes for any such act committed in the past by anyone on behakf of any sitting president no matter who they were.

We are a country of laws and NO ONE is above the law. The current AG believes the president, at least while president, is above the law.

And it does appear most of you are ok with that.

Jim
          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 03-26-2019, 05:51 AM.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Not just AG Barr but also Deputy AG Rod "The Rat" Rosenstein who appointed Dirty Cop Mueller and actively oversaw the investigation from day one.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
              There would be only one legitimate reason to keep any info in that report dark, and that would be if there were no evidence of crimes, and the only information kept out of the public eye would be either of a personal nature or critical to the security of the country.

We will have to see if a redacted copy is ever made public. But if there are actual crimes listed in that report committed by the president, then this AG is a sham, and anyone comfortable with hiding that truth is in fact an enemy of this country.

And yes, that goes for any such act committed in the past by anyone on behakf of any sitting president no matter who they were.

We are a country of laws and NO ONE is above the law. The current AG believes the president, at least while president, is above the law.

Jim
              First Jim, I think Grand Jury testimony has to be kept secret, second, what crimes? If he fudged on his taxes 20 years ago? Remember what this was all about - collusion. As far as Barr, it is an open question whether a sitting president can be indicted, there are scholars on both sides - but he still can be impeached.
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

...if there are actual crimes listed in that report committed by the president...
                It's safe to say that there isn't; otherwise, we would have heard about it months ago. (And don't feed us the BS talking point that Mueller doesn't leak. )

Mueller said himself in the report that there is zero evidence of collusion, and there was insufficient evidence to bring a charge of obstruction.

In other words:

Not guilty!

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                  First Jim, I think Grand Jury testimony has to be kept secret, second, what crimes? If he fudged on his taxes 20 years ago? Remember what this was all about - collusion. As far as Barr, it is an open question whether a sitting president can be indicted, there are scholars on both sides - but he still can be impeached.
                  It may be an open question - but I do not believe it should be an open question. No-one is above the law. No-one. That is civics 101 - pardon the pun. Something that used to be emphasized in our school educational system. The fact so many of you are ok with allowing your particular choice of president to be considered above the law is just sick. Truly sick - to quote the current president. We can not have a country that is governed by the rule of law if there are some that are officially not subject to the law.

So I am not as much concerned about if there are or if there are not actual crimes the president has committed as I am the fact we have an AG that thinks the president is above the law and a large number of people, including yourself, who appear willing to opportunistically accept that proposition. You literally have no idea what you are doing. No-one can be above the law if the ideas that formed this republic are to survive. The minute you accept even one official exception to that - we are lost.

Jim
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

It may be an open question - but I do not believe it should be an open question. No-one is above the law. No-one. That is civics 101 - pardon the pun. Something that used to be emphasized in our school educational system. The fact so many of you are ok with allowing your particular choice of president to be considered above the law is just sick. Truly sick - to quote the current president. We can not have a country that is governed by the rule of law if there are some that are officially not subject to the law.

So I am not as much concerned about if there are or if there are not actual crimes the president has committed as I am the fact we have an AG that thinks the president is above the law and a large number of people, including yourself, who appear willing to opportunistically accept that proposition. You literally have no idea what you are doing. No-one can be above the law if the ideas that formed this republic are to survive. The minute you accept even one official exception to that - we are lost.

Jim
                    Jim, he still could be impeached and charged once out of office. So he is not above the law.
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Jim, he still could be impeached and charged once out of office. So he is not above the law.
                      He is while he is president. That is not ok - and you are grossly mistaken if you think it is. And this specific situation is exactly why. The current set of republican members of the congress and senate will not ever cross this man in any significant way. They are afraid of him and/or his base. Or they are afraid of losing power. Either way, we are in an era where the principles that have made this country Great in the past are being willfully, officially bypassed to the will of the president. In a situation like this, impeachment is a toothless lion. And with an AG that says a sitting president can't be indicted, then you have a man above the law for as long as he can stay in office and as long as the facts can be kept hidden.

If they are transparent with the data, then we can know if this particular situation is or is not that specific catastrophe. If they keep the data hidden, then they pave the way for that catastrophe - if not with this president (assuming they are just keeping it hidden because they can and not because there are actual crimes listed) then with another.

Anyone going along with this idea is thinking very opportunistically and very short-sightedly. The long term best interests of our country are not being protected. The report needs to be made public as much as is possible. And all of us need to insist that be done. If Trump is not guilty of any impeachable crimes, there is nothing to lose. And if he is, then the entire country officially loses one of its most important and basic guiding principles: NO-ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW!

You
                      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 03-26-2019, 08:14 AM.

Comment

He is while he is president. That is not ok - and you are grossly mistaken if you think it is. And this specific situation is exactly why. The current set of republican members of the congress and senate will not ever cross this man in any significant way. They are afraid of him and/or his base. Or they are afraid of losing power. Either way, we are in an era where the principles that have made this country Great in the past are being willfully, officially bypassed to the will of the president. In a situation like this, impeachment is a toothless lion. And with an AG that says a sitting president can't be indicted, then you have a man above the law for as long as he can stay in office and as long as the facts can be kept hidden.

If they are transparent with the data, then we can know if this particular situation is or is not that specific catastrophe. If they keep the data hidden, then they pave the way for that catastrophe - if not with this president (assuming they are just keeping it hidden because they can and not because there are actual crimes listed) then with another.

Anyone going along with this idea is thinking very opportunistically and very short-sightedly. The long term best interests of our country are not being protected. The report needs to be made public as much as is possible. And all of us need to insist that be done. If Trump is not guilty of any impeachable crimes, there is nothing to lose. And if he is, then the entire country officially loses one of its most important and basic guiding principles: NO-ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW!

You
                        Jim, really you need to get a grip. If he is guilty of a crime he could and will be charged after he is out of office. That is ONLY a matter of timing, not of getting away with it. I understand you are disappointed that no collusion was found.

Comment

Jim
                          You're frothing Jim. Love your enemy.
                          That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

He is while he is president.
                            No he isn't. If he breaks the law, he gets impeached after a trial by the Legislative branch. If impeached, he then gets tried by whatever court gets the case in their jurisdiction.
                            That's what
                            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

There would first have to be evidence that he committed a crime, and according to Mueller's report, there is none. And, no, despite claims by desperate Democrats, there is no such thing as an impeachable offense that doesn't rise to the level of a crime. The Constitution is crystal clear on this point: no crime, no impeachment. Period.

Comment

It may be an open question - but I do not believe it should be an open question. No-one is above the law. No-one. That is civics 101 - pardon the pun. Something that used to be emphasized in our school educational system.
                                Yes, that, and the other immutable truth of living in the US -- you are innocent until proven guilty, regardless of the drumbeat of accusation. Have you forgotten that one?
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment