Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Poll: Why is Trump trying so hard to keep his tax returns secret?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    But with how many close players in the election having been shown to be directly tied to the Russian and conspiring with them in one way or another!

No 'direct' ties my foot! And they never tied Capone to his mob crimes either.

Source: why was capone only prosecuted for tax evasion

The short answer is that Capone was careful; the Treasury Department described him as possessing a "natural Italian secretiveness" [source: IRS]. He managed to create plausible deniability, removing himself enough from the violence and illegality so that no connections could be drawn between him and the crimes he authorized.

© Copyright Original Source

sound familiar?

Jim
    Evidence smevidence. You don't need no steenkin' evidence. After all you'd never hate him this much if he didn't do it, right? Therefore he must have colluded.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      So basically your position is Trump is guilty and if they can't prove it, then he is still guilty but clever?
      Like Mad Maxine once said, lack of evidence doesn't mean Trump is innocent, it just means we need to keep investigating until we find something.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

A) I don't 'dive into conspiracy theories', despite you having characterized many of my posts as being that way. The conspiracy nutheads are all about the deep state and the supposed gathering of all forces that 'hate' trump. e.g. the 'Q' etc.
        And yet you continue to support Russian conspiracy theories.

B) I have mostly dealt onlywith Trump's words or explicit actions and in all cases meet massive opposition from at least you and MM. Sometimes CP or others far less militant than you will acknowledge I have a point. For you an MM, any and all criticism of Donald Trump is sufficient reason to mount a full offensive against whatever the topic is. Hence my reaction "right!"
        Now for your turn PIX: Show me a time when you or MM have actually reacted in INITIAL* agreement to some nasty comment or bad action of Donald Trump that I have criticized.
        *I think I remember one time when after much caustic back and forth one of you finally admitted whatever it was I was criticizing was a bad thing.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

You play the "I am never wrong" game well PIX. But the simple fact is, you asked me to back up what you took as an assertion, and I did. All you've done here is say I was right.

Jim
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Evidence smevidence. You don't need no steenkin' evidence. After all you'd never hate him this much if he didn't do it, right? Therefore he must have colluded.
            You guys would defend this guy no matter what. Your mockery rings very hollow. Remember Lance Armstrong? They never proved he doped, but it was obvious. You could have said the very same things about him you are saying about Trump.Trump is surrounded by criminals, no, Trumps has CHOSEN to surround himself with criminals. And there is a lot of direct involvement with the Russians in those at his side. The reality is, He's probably guilty. Can't prove it at this point, may never be able to (unlike Lance, He's very unlikely to cave to public pressure and admit what he's done). In the USA, we are innocent till proven guilty. That's a good thing. So Trump deserves not to be convicted till and unless it is proven. But that doesn't change the fact he is very likely guilty, even though at this point nothing directly convicts him.

Those of you that mock and pretend it is unreasonable to conclude he is probably guilty are simply dishonest, or delusional.

Jim
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

You play the "I am never wrong" game well PIX. But the simple fact is, you asked me to back up what you took as an assertion, and I did. All you've done here is say I was right.

Jim
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

is all you are due here Pix.

Jim

Comment

Those of you that mock and pretend it is unreasonable to conclude he is probably guilty are simply dishonest, or delusional.

Jim
                  You're frothing Jim...
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                    It's so good that you know more than the people actually doing the investigations. We are so blessed to be in your presence...
                    All they are saying is they can't pin it on him BTC. To characterize my comments as thinking I know more than they do is ad hominem. It simply isn't true, and you know it.

My comment was they never pinned it on Al Capone EITHER. Not being able to pin it on Trump does not mean he's clean, it just means he is smart enough - so far - not to get caught.

How many powerful people in this world that have purposefully surrounded themselves by criminals have turned out NOT to be criminals BTC? Can you name one?

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                      You're frothing Jim...
                      You are imagining things BTC. Standard bully technique: Provoke, then mock.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
                        Not being able to pin it on Trump does not mean he's clean, it just means he is smart enough - so far - not to get caught.
                        Oh, this is a fun game. Now let's apply that standard to Bill and Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

All they are saying is they can't pin it on him BTC. To characterize my comments as thinking I know more than they do is ad hominem. It simply isn't true, and you know it.

My comment was they never pinned it on Al Capone EITHER. Not being able to pin it on Trump does not mean he's clean, it just means he is smart enough - so far - not to get caught.

How many powerful people in this world that have purposefully surrounded themselves by criminals have turned out NOT to be criminals BTC? Can you name one?

Jim
                          Your objectivity is also impressive...
                          That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

You are imagining things BTC. Standard bully technique: Provoke, then mock.

Jim
                            Nah dude. Your TrumpOCD is borderline pathological. It's blatantly obvious to everyone but you.
                            That's what
                            - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

is all you are due here Pix.

Jim
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Ulysses S. Grant's administration was plagued by scandal and corruption, but evidence indicates that Grant himself was innocent of any crime.

Comment