Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Breaking news ... Walls do work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Yes, and now she and her ilk are absolutely positively dead set on any kind of wall, declaring it IMMORAL. Why? Because she hates Trump as much as you do, so logic and reason fly right out the window.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Or both.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Or both.
        The one thing Trump has done is let us see the actual desires of the establishment of each party.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
          The one thing Trump has done is let us see the actual desires of the establishment of each party.
          Funny you should mention that. Bill Bennett wrote a very interesting article along those lines. He must have been reading your mind.

And specifically on the wall...

So, yeah, those libs were were FOR the wall before they were AGAINST the wall are simply throwing logic out the window to "stick it to Trump".
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Funny you should mention that. Bill Bennett wrote a very interesting article along those lines. He must have been reading your mind.

And specifically on the wall...

So, yeah, those libs were were FOR the wall before they were AGAINST the wall are simply throwing logic out the window to "stick it to Trump".
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I just hope they continue with the very aggressive overreach. Maybe the moderates will wake up and realize, like my Dad did a couple decades ago, "I didn't leave the Democrat Party - they left me!"

Comment

Yes, and now she and her ilk are absolutely positively dead set on any kind of wall, declaring it IMMORAL. Why? Because she hates Trump as much as you do, so logic and reason fly right out the window.
                https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...r-wall-1139308

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                  No, they are not.
                  Yes, they are.

Comment

Ya know, I can't figure.... are you that big of a liar, or do you just have all your screws loose?

Speaker Nancy Pelosi is asked whether Democrats would be willing to put "even a dollar" toward funding a border wall. Pelosi laughingly said she would give "one dollar."

"Is there a situation in which you would accept even a dollar of wall-funding for this president in order to reopen the government?" CNN's Manu Raju asked the Speaker.

"A dollar? A dollar?" she asked. "One dollar."

"A wall is an immorality. It's not who we are," she said.

source

Yeah, that really sounds like "open to discussion". Maybe in DramaQueenLand.

Comment

"There is not going to be any wall money in the legislation," Pelosi said.

Comment

No they supported a wall. But you realize all that "smart technology" will cost MORE than just putting up a wall, right? Because you still have to have a wall supplemented with "smart technology" like sensors and cameras. Just having "smart technology" without a barrier would be useless. By the time they responded to the alarm, the illegals would be hiding in the desert on the wrong side of the border.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          No they supported a wall. But you realize all that "smart technology" will cost MORE than just putting up a wall, right? Because you still have to have a wall supplemented with "smart technology" like sensors and cameras. Just having "smart technology" without a barrier would be useless. By the time they responded to the alarm, the illegals would be hiding in the desert on the wrong side of the border.
                          I don't think Tassman has a clue what the border looks like, and how easy it is for illegals to simply disappear into the landscape once they get across the border. According to my friends at Anadarko, a common practice is to have "legals" serving as decoys, drawing the attention of border patrol agents while the illegals get away. There's no law against 'legals' going for a nice run in the woods/desert/wilderness, and there's no "smart technology" that can identify the legals from the illegals.

Comment

I'm no Democrat, but this is a main concern I have. The above information suggests that crossings shift to where they are easiest, which makes sense. It doesn't imply that total crossings decreased. I recall seeing a challenge where a section of wall was built to the specifications of G. W. Bush's wall proposal, and people were challenged to get past it, whether digging under, cutting through, or climbing over. And in each case they got past the wall in about 2 minutes. (And then subsequent people could be even faster if it has already been dug under or cut through.) It seems not worth spending billions to merely delay people by a couple minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                              Have you ever cut through a piece of steel, with a hack saw?
                              I cut through a small steel bar with a hack saw just last week, for a project I'm working on. It was much faster going than I had imagined that it would be.

Comment

Originally posted by Joel View Post
                                I'm no Democrat, but this is a main concern I have. The above information suggests that crossings shift to where they are easiest, which makes sense. It doesn't imply that total crossings decreased. I recall seeing a challenge where a section of wall was built to the specifications of G. W. Bush's wall proposal, and people were challenged to get past it, whether digging under, cutting through, or climbing over. And in each case they got past the wall in about 2 minutes. (And then subsequent people could be even faster if it has already been dug under or cut through.) It seems not worth spending billions to merely delay people by a couple minutes.
                                And I wish Trump would give some specifics, because I don't really know what kind of wall or barrier he's proposing. It would be assumed, however, that wherever the wall is breached, the associated technology would alert the border patrol, and that breach would not remain open.

Comment