Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

A Question of Respect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    Since when is a Trump supporter concerned about serial liars?
    Since when is a Trump opponent excusing serial liars?
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      You voted for him.
      I did.

It is because of you and your ilk that the US and the world is stuck with this lying charlatan .
      Trump's time on the stage will be brief compared to the "appointed for life" justices of SCOTUS.

So you won't vote for Trump again, is that what you're saying?
      So you admit to being a Drama Queen, is that what you're saying?

(see, I can play that stupid game, too)
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        I did.
        Trump's time on the stage will be brief compared to the "appointed for life" justices of SCOTUS.
        Ah, so it was merely Machiavellian opportunism. It was worth the hypocrisy to get your Justices? Jesus will be pleased at your cleverness.

So you admit to being a Drama Queen, is that what you're saying?

(see, I can play that stupid game, too)
        You are not playing any game at all, merely inserting your standard sneer to evade the question; very Trumpian.

So, you will vote for Trump again, despite saying you are not a Trump supporter, in order to get some Evangelical goodies. Same as before. No wonder Evangelicals are held in such contempt and driving away the more idealistic younger generation.

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        Since when they vote for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by BTC
          Originally posted by Tassman View Post
          Since when they vote for him.
          Trump opponents are voting for Trump? Learn to read, media tourist...
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
            Trump opponents are voting for Trump? Learn to read, media tourist...
            I took it as saying: CP says he opposes Trump personally, but since he voted for Trump (or might vote for him again), he is by the effect of his vote excusing serial liars. Thus, "when Trump opponents excuse serial liars".

Jim
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
              I took it as saying: CP says he opposes Trump personally, but since he voted for Trump (or might vote for him again), he is by the effect of his vote excusing serial liars. Thus, "when Trump opponents excuse serial liars".

Jim
              Then you didn't see the response I quoted. Tassy was chiding "Trump Supporters" (CP, me, OB1, etc) for excusing a liar (Trump) while accusing a liar (Phillips), so I flipped it around. I inquired how a Trump opponent (Tassy) can excuse a serial liar (Phillips) while accusing a liar (Trump).
              That's what
              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                Then you didn't see the response I quoted. Tassy was chiding "Trump Supporters" (CP, me, OB1, etc) for excusing a liar (Trump) while accusing a liar (Phillips), so I flipped it around. I inquired how a Trump opponent (Tassy) can excuse a serial liar (Phillips) while accusing a liar (Trump).
                ok -thanks.

Maybe the solution is not to excuse any serial liars?

Jim
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• This has been explained numerous times. I'm sorry you're either too boneheaded or stubborn to grasp it. I'll give the rest of your ignorant post the response it deserves.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I took it as saying: CP says he opposes Trump personally, but since he voted for Trump (or might vote for him again), he is by the effect of his vote excusing serial liars.
                    Trump was the lesser of two bad choices available at the time. Hillary was also a serial liar, but was an advocate for abortion, and would clearly have nominated SCOTUS justices detrimental to values I hold dear.

Comment

ok -thanks.

Maybe the solution is not to excuse any serial liars?

Jim
                      Serial liars should be exposed for the liars they are, regardless of party.

I might suggest we can add Tassy and JimL to that list for repeatedly declaring some of us Trump Supporters when we have clearly said we are not. Repeatedly stating a lie is, in fact, the very definition of "serial liar". This is why I accuse them of becoming more and more like the version of Trump they hate.

Tassman, in particular, seems to have a gift of perverting the truth.

Comment

Jim
                        By that logic, voting democrat means you support abortion.
                        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                          By that logic, voting democrat means you support abortion.
                          As usual, you've not a clue what I was saying. I was describing what I thought TASSMAN meant by his comment. I was not making any case for anything, just explaining how I interpreted a statement he made.

Jim

Comment

As usual, you've not a clue what I was saying. I was describing what I thought TASSMAN meant by his comment. I was not making any case for anything, just explaining how I interpreted a statement he made.

Jim
                            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Trump was the lesser of two bad choices available at the time. Hillary was also a serial liar, but was an advocate for abortion, and would clearly have nominated SCOTUS justices detrimental to values I hold dear.
                              We've all heard your pathetic rationalization for voting in Trump before. It is unacceptable. You are prepared to vote for a serial liar and twice divorced womanizer in order to get your own way regarding abortion and LGBT rights. This, despite the majority of the population disagreeing with the "values" you "hold dear". Some values!

Comment

Jim
                                Yes, that's what I meant. It's the hypocrisy I'm referencing.

Comment