Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

A Question of Respect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Is that what we're calling hate-filled bigots these days?

You mean "jumping to completely wrong conclusions because they're a bunch of snowflakes"?

Yes, it's totally reasonable to spew forth hate and jump to idiot wrong conclusions because somebody wears a hat.

I really hope all this idot crap sounded better in your head. "Progressives" must be really really screwed up people.
    Almost as bad as wearing a Yankees hat in Boston.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      I know. I'm just saying that even if we grant the liberal narrative that he was smirking, that in no way excuses Philips' behavior.
      Phillips has condescended to forgive him for his behavior.
      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        "Progressives" must be really really screwed up people.
        There's nothing progressive about progressivism.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
          Edited by a Moderator
          Moderated By: DesertBerean

Veiled profantiy not allowed

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
          Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

You mean "deplorables" right?

Troll noted and dismissed.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            Phillips has condescended to forgive him for his behavior.
            Yup. He graciously forgave the students and their chaperons for being their in Washington D.C.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Yup. He graciously forgave the students and their chaperons for being their they're in Washington D.C.
              fify
              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                fify

I should have said "for their being in Washington D.C." or "for being there in Washington D.C."

In any case Phillips is on TMZ, supposedly live. Definitely a softball interview from the section I'm seeing. He wants a summit hosted by Pope Francis and still claiming that Sandmann was leading a chant against the Black Hebrew Israelites which I assume was his assertion the kids were chanting "Build the Wall!" This claim has been thoroughly discredited and the two guys from TMZ (Harvey Levin and Charles Latibeaudiere) didn't challenge him on that or anything else during the 7 minutes I saw (the interview ended about 2 minutes ago). Even NBC, which has been about the most hostile toward the Covington students has stated

After a review of the videos NBC News could not hear anyone shouting that hot button phrase [build the wall]

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

I should have said "for their being in Washington D.C." or "for being there in Washington D.C."

In any case Phillips is on TMZ, supposedly live. Definitely a softball interview from the section I'm seeing. He wants a summit hosted by Pope Francis and still claiming that Sandmann was leading a chant against the Black Hebrew Israelites which I assume was his assertion the kids were chanting "Build the Wall!" This claim has been thoroughly discredited and the two guys from TMZ (Harvey Levin and Charles Latibeaudiere) didn't challenge him on that or anything else during the 7 minutes I saw (the interview ended about 2 minutes ago). Even NBC, which has been about the most hostile toward the Covington students has stated

After a review of the videos NBC News could not hear anyone shouting that hot button phrase [build the wall]
                  Just trying to rile up Cow Poke.
                  I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

In that case

Comment

Just trying to reel up Cow Poke.
                      fify

Comment

Cow Poke is too mellow to be riled up.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                          I would agree with that observation, and thanks for providing those links. It appears Mr. Phillips has misled people about his past and his role in the context of the Vietnam War. I don't have a great deal of sympathy for that.
                          So - I have to reverse myself on my reversal. I did some digging - and one of these CNN quotes has been shown to be a transcription error, and the other is not verified to be what he actually said. Given that both quotes happened in the same CNN interview, and the first was demonstrably a transcription error - it would seem to me fairly probable that the latter is as well. But the fact is - we don't know. So the claim that Phillips "misled" or "lied" about his service is, as best I can tell, "unproven."
                          Last edited by carpedm9587; 01-24-2019, 01:34 PM.
                          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            The above is what is known as "rationalizing"
                            Your assessment is duly noted.
                            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                              Carpe would have to request the name change as he is the one who started it.
                              I have no problem with a change of title to "A Question of Perspective?" if the posters here are in favor. It certainly appears to correlate with what is happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                                Why is wearing a Maga bad or wrong?
                                It is not intrinsically bad or wrong. However, the hat is closely associated with a man who advocates for some very ugly things. So if you were the hat, it seems to me reasonable that people are likely to associated you with those same ugly things. If I wear a KKK hat, I'm going to be associated with the KKK. If I wear a "Planned Parenthood" hat - I'm going to be associated with planned parenthood. If I wear a MAGA hat, and especially if I begin to exhibit behavior that align with it's prime representative - it is naive to think I am not going to be associated with that man and his rhetoric and behavior.

Comment