Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

General Mattis resigns as secretary of defense.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    You are defending keeping troops in Syria and Afghanistan and General Mattis just because Trump wants to pull them out and replaced the General.

Liberals are very conflicted here. They insist they're anti-war until they realize Trump is, too, and then they can't help but run face-first into a contradictory position.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

You are defending keeping troops in Syria and Afghanistan and General Mattis just because Trump wants to pull them out and replaced the General.

I'm defending it because Isis, according to the General is not defeated, and we have allies there that fought with us, for us, are democratic, and don't believe it right to abandon them now to be slaughtered by the Turks, Syrians, Iranians and Russians. The fact is that you are defending taking the troops out just because Trump wants to pull them out. Or do you forget the conservative reaction when Obama made the same mistake in Iraq?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Liberals are very conflicted here. They insist they're anti-war until they realize Trump is, too, and then they can't help but run face-first into a contradictory position.
        You want to see conflicted, look in the mirror. Your stance is whatever Trump decides is your stance.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          You want to see conflicted, look in the mirror. Your stance is whatever Trump decides is your stance.
          Oh, the Iron E!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm defending it because Isis, according to the General is not defeated, and we have allies there that fought with us, for us, are democratic, and don't believe it right to abandon them now to be slaughtered by the Turks, Syrians, Iranians and Russians. The fact is that you are defending taking the troops out just because Trump wants to pull them out. Or do you forget the conservative reaction when Obama made the same mistake in Iraq?
            Go back and read again. I am against removing the troops. Which is why I am saying how all of a sudden you liberals are acting like conservatives. Previously liberals were all for withdrawing our troops from the region, remember Obama? Despite of ISIS being active in the area! But now that ISIS is all but gone, they are all worried about it and want to keep troops there just because Trump wants to remove them.

I was against Obama withdrawing the troops and I am against Trump doing it. I am consistent. You are not.

Comment

Go back and read again. I am against removing the troops. Which is why I am saying how all of a sudden you liberals are acting like conservatives. Previously liberals were all for withdrawing our troops from the region, remember Obama? Despite of ISIS being active in the area! But now that ISIS is all but gone, they are all worried about it and want to keep troops there just because Trump wants to remove them.

I was against Obama withdrawing the troops and I am against Trump doing it. I am consistent. You are not.
              Actually us liberals, for the most part, were against going into the middle east in the first place. The problem is in getting out once you are in and created a human and financial disaster, and that, getting out, is what makes one a bit more conflicted.

Comment

Actually us liberals, for the most part, were against going into the middle east in the first place. The problem is in getting out once you are in and created a human and financial disaster, and that, getting out, is what makes one a bit more conflicted.
                They cheered Obama on and he was the one who gave into their pressure to recall the troops. Yet now you all think having troops over there is a good thing.

Comment

They cheered Obama on and he was the one who gave into their pressure to recall the troops. Yet now you all think having troops over there is a good thing.
                  They cheered? Who are they? Where did they cheer? What the hell are you talking about? Most people wanted out of Iraq, but we liberals, for the most part, didn't want to go into Iraq in the first place. And had we not gone in, we wouldn't be in Syria right now either. This is the mess that conservatives supported, that we are now all paying for and fighting over.

Comment

They cheered? Who are they? Where did they cheer? What the hell are you talking about? Most people wanted out of Iraq, but we liberals, for the most part, didn't want to go into Iraq in the first place. And had we not gone in, we wouldn't be in Syria right now either. This is the mess that conservatives supported, that we are now all paying for and fighting over.
                    The Kuwaitis welcomed us being there. I was there in Kuwait with the USAF and saw how grateful their people were to our presence. You ever been there or Iraq and talked to anyone about it, or are you simply barfing out what the MSM tells you to believe?
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

JimL, both sides wanted the Iraq war. But then the liberals wanted it to be over and done with and made Obama withdraw the troops. Apparently history rewrites itself in your big empty head to fit with whatever talking points you are trying to support at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                        The Kuwaitis welcomed us being there. I was there in Kuwait with the USAF and saw how grateful their people were to our presence. You ever been there or Iraq and talked to anyone about it, or are you simply barfing out what the MSM tells you to believe?
                        Yeah, accept we are not talking the defense of Kuwait, we're talking G.W. Bush's attack of Iraq on false pretenses. That is what caused the quagmire we are still in today, and the mess that the middle east is today, which cost the U.S. a boatload and hundreds of thousands of lives to boot. Yeah, i'll bet they are really grateful we came.

Comment

JimL, both sides wanted the Iraq war. But then the liberals wanted it to be over and done with and made Obama withdraw the troops. Apparently history rewrites itself in your big empty head to fit with whatever talking points you are trying to support at the moment.
                          No Sparko we weren't all for it. I wasn't for it, and I can still remember listening to Sen. Robert Byrds impassioned speech warning against it. Republicans were gung ho as usual, but the liberals in congress had to be lied to about WMD in order to convince them that the war was necessary. History doesn't rewrite itself, you just don't remember it to begin with.

Comment

No Sparko we weren't all for it. I wasn't for it,.
                            And yet, here you are arguing for keeping troops in Syria just cuz Trump wants to bring them home.

Comment

Yeah, accept we are not talking the defense of Kuwait, we're talking G.W. Bush's attack of Iraq on false pretenses. That is what caused the quagmire we are still in today, and the mess that the middle east is today, which cost the U.S. a boatload and hundreds of thousands of lives to boot. Yeah, i'll bet they are really grateful we came.
                              The Middle East was in a mess LONG before Bush was a twinkle in his granddaddy's eye.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Again, you ever been there and talked to them?
                                That's what
                                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment