Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Prevalence of moon landing conspiracy theories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Well, you'll have to ask a young earth creationist about it. That just looks like nonsense to me.
    Fair enough, didn't mean to cast you as one.

Comment

• chuck.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        I understand it well enough to know that anybody claiming absolute certainty on the matter -- regardless of which side they're on -- is selling you a bill of goods.
        No one claims to know 'with absolute certainty'. That is excuse making. The evidence points at 4.5 billion years for the earth +- some small value, and 13.7 for the universe (the age of the Universe is not something I'd bet the farm on, but we can see out over 10 billion light years so it's not younger than that).

The issue is not certainty, its that to get it anywhere close to YEC the margin of error is a FACTOR of 1,000,000. It just isn't gonna happen.

But you are not YEC, so your concerns would necessarily then revolve around evolution. And there, again, you'll be hard pressed to explain the data without a very long history of life and significantly different sets of life over that time with clear (both in the DNA and the bone morphology) transitions across the various forms. Whatever theory you put forward has to explain all that and over that time-frame. Evolution is the best so far.

Jim
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment