Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Clapper: Russia swung the election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    They are providing false information to try to persuade people to vote in ways that are advantageous to their interests. And they are providing false information they believe will cause division and turmoil in our democracy. And all Americans SHOULD be against that. It is incredibly disappointing to see people so devoted to one man that they are willing to diminish or even deny the seriousness of this sort of attack on our democracy.

Jim
    What false information did they provide?

Everything that caused Americans to vote against Hillary was her own doing. The Russians didn't make her use a private email server, or try to cover it up, or lie about it, or smash phones. Or cause the DNC to cheat Sanders out of a nomination. Or pay for false documents to use against Trump.

Comment

When watching WWII movies, the Germans see Americans as the "baddies". Are you German, ff?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        When watching WWII movies, the Germans see Americans as the "baddies". Are you German, ff?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Charles
          Evidence?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
              No, not German.
              I was kidding, of course.

CP, I know you want to be a goodie
              My wife says I am, so that's all that matters.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I was kidding, of course.

My wife says I am, so that's all that matters.
                What's Jake - chopped liver?
                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  What's Jake - chopped liver?
                  Ya know, you have a point! Not that this is so very unusual...

Comment

Pointing out that you make a claim without providing appropriate evidence is certainly not nitpicking. You made the claim this was al on Hillary. Where is your evidence that people were only influenced by news? That the Russians did not promote it or distort the truth in some cases. You take the story you like the most and claim it is facts. Where is your evidence? Where have you been? Raking the forrest?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
                      Pointing out that you make a claim without providing appropriate evidence is certainly not nitpicking. You made the claim this was al on Hillary. Where is your evidence that people were only influenced by news? That the Russians did not promote it or distort the truth in some cases. You take the story you like the most and claim it is facts. Where is your evidence? Where have you been? Raking the forrest?
                      Funny how you don't demand the same level of evidence from Clapper that Russia swung the election.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

So, in your opinion, the "baddies" should not have the right to vote?
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                          So, in your opinion, the "baddies" should not have the right to vote?
                          And the "goodies" get to decide who the "baddies" are.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Funny how you don't demand the same level of evidence from Clapper that Russia swung the election.
                              He does not make the same type of claim. He does not claim there is one single thing that explains everything. His point is simply that when such a massive effort was made and so few voters made the difference it is highly likely things would be different had the effort not been made. A point you are yet to adress with something more than whistling, whataboutism and that kind of stuff. Looking forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
                                He does not make the same type of claim. He does not claim there is one single thing that explains everything. His point is simply that when such a massive effort was made and so few voters made the difference it is highly likely things would be different had the effort not been made. A point you are yet to adress with something more than whistling, whataboutism and that kind of stuff. Looking forward.
                                In other words, you're willing to accept his bald assertion because it fits your narrative.

Got it.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment