Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Acosta's white house pass removed ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    But he said this to me!
    And the problem is...?
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
      MM - if you don't know by now - I ALWAYS shrug off insults. They are a pointless waste of time. If someone has a critique of me - I'm all ears. If all they want to do is hurl mud - they can have at it - and I'll just move on to another conversation. I find myself moving on from conversations with you pretty regularly.
      That whooshing sound you hear is the point going over your head, although in this case I think you deliberately ducked.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

And the problem is...?
        you claim to adjust your behavior to criticism, yet in fact what you really do is categorize any criticism as insults to be shrugged off, and dont change your behavior in the least.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          you claim to adjust your behavior to criticism, yet in fact what you really do is categorize any criticism as insults to be shrugged off, and dont change your behavior in the least.
          Your opinion is duly noted. Since you're wrong, I'm not sure what else there is to say. I don't consider "criticism" to be "insults." I think you are smart enough to know the difference, Sparko.
          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

I don't consider "criticism" to be "insults."
            Like I said, the fact that you consider them idle insults to be shrugged off with a wink and a laugh is part of your problem. Perhaps even a very large part. But, of course, you'll just dismiss this criticism as nothing more than another insult and blithely continue on your way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Like I said, the fact that you consider them idle insults to be shrugged off with a wink and a laugh is part of your problem.
              I'm not aware of having a problem, MM. Feel free to enlighten me.

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Perhaps even a very large part. But, of course, you'll just dismiss this criticism as nothing more than another insult and blithely continue on your way.
              As I noted, I don't confuse "criticism" for "insults." If someone has constructive criticism - I'm usually willing to listen and consider. If all they (you) want to do is insult, I don't waste my time.

Comment

I'm not aware of having a problem, MM. Feel free to enlighten me.

As I noted, I don't confuse "criticism" for "insults." If someone has constructive criticism - I'm usually willing to listen and consider. If all they (you) want to do is insult, I don't waste my time.
                And with that, you prove my and Sparko's point.

Comment

And with that, you prove my and Sparko's point.
                  If you say so...

Comment

I'm not aware of actually having a problem, MM.
                    Obviously.
                    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      Obviously.
                      I keep waiting for someone to show where/how I have this "problem," but I'm under the impression most of this is just trolling. So...moving on...

Comment

I keep waiting for someone to show where/how I have this "problem," but I'm under the impression most of this is just trolling. So...moving on...
                        Your utter lack of self-awareness and introspection is almost breathtaking.

Comment

And your capacity to think someone should care about or find anything of value in the endless stream of insults you seem capable of is deluded.

Jim
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
                            And your capacity to think someone should care about or find anything of value in the endless stream of insults you seem capable of is deluded.
                            I'll tell you the same thing I told carpe: the fact that you regard them as nothing more than idle insults to be shrugged off is part of your problem.

There's a bit of wisdom which says that if you yell, "Get out of the road, you fool! There's a car coming!" that the person in question will stop listening after the words "you fool". I think the intent of the lesson is that you should moderate your language so that people will listen to you. The lesson I take away is that if someone ignores "There's a car coming!" just because you called him a fool, then he really is a fool.

Comment

Your opinion is duly noted. Since you're wrong, I'm not sure what else there is to say. I don't consider "criticism" to be "insults." I think you are smart enough to know the difference, Sparko.
                              Thanks for proving my point.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                I'll tell you the same thing I told carpe: the fact that you regard them as nothing more than idle insults to be shrugged off is part of your problem.

There's a bit of wisdom which says that if you yell, "Get out of the road, you fool! There's a car coming!" that the person in question will stop listening after the words "you fool". I think the intent of the lesson is that you should moderate your language so that people will listen to you. The lesson I take away is that if someone ignores "There's a car coming!" just because you called him a fool, then he really is a fool.
                                Given you create an insult for each person you reply to, and that you use insults the most when someone disagrees with you, it is unlikely that your claimed 'wise' insults can be recognized amidst the animal dung that comprises the remainder.

Jim
                                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment