Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Khashoggi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
    Oh, sorry, though you were asking why Duke was still a racist. Duke's endorsement doesn't make Trump a racist, it only makes him some-one who racists like.
    I sure hope racists don't like ice cream!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
      Oh, sorry, though you were asking why Duke was still a racist. Duke's endorsement doesn't make Trump a racist, it only makes him some-one who racists like.
      I am sure there are plenty of bad people who liked Hillary too. Harvey Weinstein for example. And Louis "Jews are Termites" Farrikhan. She never disavowed either one of them. Yet nobody is saying that Hillary is a racist or rapist or supports racism or rape.

Why does it only work with Trump?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        I am sure there are plenty of bad people who liked Hillary too. Harvey Weinstein for example. And Louis "Jews are Termites" Farrikhan. She never disavowed either one of them. Yet nobody is saying that Hillary is a racist or rapist or supports racism or rape.

Cue "whataboutism"
        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
          Cue "whataboutism"
          yeah what about it? seems like a perfectly valid point to me.

Comment

Speaking of Farrakhan:

(facts supported by links in the original)

source
            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              Speaking of Farrakhan:

(facts supported by links in the original)

source

Louis Farrakhan, Nation of Islam leader, leads 'Death to America' chant in Iran

Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, a notorious anti-Semite who recently compared Jewish people to termites, led a "Death to America" chant Sunday during a solidarity trip to Iran.
              https://www.foxnews.com/world/farrak...merica-in-iran

Comment

and again no sources, just your allegations.
                Oh please, Trump is his own source. How many times do we need to spoon feed you before you stop spitting it out. Trumps racism was apparent long before he decided to run for president. His father was a KKK supporter, arrested at a KKK rally in NY. In this case the apple didn't fall far from the tree. Trump refused to rent his properties to blacks, he called for the execution of the central park 5 even after their having spent years behind bars and were then found to be innocent. And if you can't hear his dog whistles to his racist supporters, or if you forget or ignore them every time they are pointed out to you, then maybe you are just naive like the majority of Trumpsters. He certainly believes that you are stupid. Nobody could so blatently lie to people over and over again unless he believed they were so stupid he could get away with it.

Obviously you didn't even bother to read the links. Just as expected.

JimL, this is why nobody takes you seriously. You never back up your claims and when other people do back up theirs when you ask, you just ignore them. You are just a liberal parrot. And you have the gall to call us brainwashed. I don't think you have had an original idea or thought since I have known you. It's no wonder you are an atheist (or "agnostic" ha!) - it fits perfectly with your iron skull.

Oh, I'm so wounded, attacked by a naive supporter of the con man Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  Oh please, Trump is his own source. How many times do we need to spoon feed you before you stop spitting it out. Trumps racism was apparent long before he decided to run for president. His father was a KKK supporter, arrested at a KKK rally in NY. In this case the apple didn't fall far from the tree. Trump refused to rent his properties to blacks, he called for the execution of the central park 5 even after their having spent years behind bars and were then found to be innocent. And if you can't hear his dog whistles to his racist supporters, or if you forget or ignore them every time they are pointed out to you, then maybe you are just naive like the majority of Trumpsters. He certainly believes that you are stupid. Nobody could so blatently lie to people over and over again unless he believed they were so stupid he could get away with it.

Oh, I'm so wounded, attacked by a naive supporter of the con man Trump.
                  And still no sources from you and you go right ahead and prove that caricature I posted fits you to a tee, Mr. Ferrous Cranus.

PS, even Snopes, that paragon of liberal fact checking says that there is no evidence that Trump's father was associated with the KKK or that his arrest had anything to do with the KKK

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/do...ther-kkk-1927/

WHAT'S TRUE

A 1927 New York Times article named Fred Trump among the individuals arrested after a "near-riot" involving the KKK and New York City policemen at a "Memorial parade."
                  WHAT'S FALSE

The article did not document that Fred Trump was a KKK member or supporter, or that he was charged with a crime in connection with the KKK event

This is why we ask you for sources, because 99% of the time, what you claim is proven false.
                  Last edited by Sparko; 11-06-2018, 08:20 AM.

Comment

And still no sources from you and you go right ahead and prove that caricature I posted fits you to a tee, Mr. Ferrous Cranus.

PS, even Snopes, that paragon of liberal fact checking says that there is no evidence that Trump's father was associated with the KKK or that his arrest had anything to do with the KKK

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/do...ther-kkk-1927/

WHAT'S TRUE

A 1927 New York Times article named Fred Trump among the individuals arrested after a "near-riot" involving the KKK and New York City policemen at a "Memorial parade."
                    WHAT'S FALSE

The article did not document that Fred Trump was a KKK member or supporter, or that he was charged with a crime in connection with the KKK event

This is why we ask you for sources, because 99% of the time, what you claim is proven false.
                    Sure, the times didn't document it, so one could just choose to believe that though he was arrested at a KKK rally, he wasn't really involved with it. But there is also the fact that they discriminated against African Americans with a policy of not renting to them, which pretty much supports the fact of their racism. Btw, even Fox News had to recently stop running a campaign add of Trumps, because they concluded it was too racist.

Comment

How does that make Trump a racist?
                      When a well-known White Supremacist like David Duke endorses Donald Trump, this suggests that he views the latter as a fellow racist. And given that Trump has a long history of racist controversies, he has good reason to think this:

https://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/122708...racism-history

Comment

Sure, the times didn't document it, so one could just choose to believe that though he was arrested at a KKK rally, he wasn't really involved with it. But there is also the fact that they discriminated against African Americans with a policy of not renting to them, which pretty much supports the fact of their racism. Btw, even Fox News had to recently stop running a campaign add of Trumps, because they concluded it was too racist.
                        more assertions. JimL, unless you give actual sources for your assertions, I wouldn't believe you if you said the sky was blue.

You just can't admit you were wrong. Thus the term Ferrous Cranus.

Comment

more assertions. JimL, unless you give actual sources for your assertions, I wouldn't believe you if you said the sky was blue.

You just can't admit you were wrong. Thus the term Ferrous Cranus.
                          I have no pretensions of convincing you of anything, Sparko, after all you are a republican, so, as I have found, facts, whether sourced or not, can't change the alternative facts, i.e. the false beliefs, that infest the republican mind.

Comment

I have no pretensions of convincing you of anything, Sparko, after all you are a republican, so, as I have found, facts, whether sourced or not, can't change the alternative facts, i.e. the false beliefs, that infest the republican mind.
                            I change my mind on a lot of things. I am willing to support single payer healthcare if it is done right. That is a big change for me.

But you have proven over and over, even right above, that you will never change your story or your mind. You fit the description of the Ferrous Cranus to a tee.

"Ferrous Cranus [JimL/Tassman] is utterly impervious to reason, persuasion and new ideas, and when engaged in battle he will not yield an inch in his position regardless of its hopelessness. Though his thrusts are decisively repulsed, his arguments crushed in every detail and his defenses demolished beyond repair he will remount the same attack again and again with only the slightest variation in tactics.

Comment

You keep saying this, but I'm still waiting for an instance of you actually testing it.
                              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I change my mind on a lot of things. I am willing to support single payer healthcare if it is done right. That is a big change for me.

But you have proven over and over, even right above, that you will never change your story or your mind. You fit the description of the Ferrous Cranus to a tee.

"Ferrous Cranus [JimL/Tassman] is utterly impervious to reason, persuasion and new ideas, and when engaged in battle he will not yield an inch in his position regardless of its hopelessness. Though his thrusts are decisively repulsed, his arguments crushed in every detail and his defenses demolished beyond repair he will remount the same attack again and again with only the slightest variation in tactics.
                                Well then lets see if you can recognize the fact that you are wrong now, i.e. that Trump has a history of racism, that he has a history of misogyny, that he has a history of fraud, and that he lies to you his lemmings nearly every time he opens his mouth and yet you still support and defend him. Bet you can't do it!

Comment