Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

White Guys, Inherently Evil And Unjust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    so she "blocked" this memory for 30+ years and had no memory of it at all? And only "recovered" the memory through her therapist? I thought she said she mentioned the attack in general terms throughout the 30 years?
    She said she was traumatized all that time which apparently meant the symptoms (insomnia, odd claustrophobia) were bothering her but all indications suggest that she didn't know the cause until 2012. She didn't go to the therapist to be treated for being attacked but for the inability to sleep and fear of sleeping in rooms without multiple exits.
    Last edited by rogue06; 10-01-2018, 02:20 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

There's also the matter of her saying that she had trouble academically in college because of the supposed assault but curiously skips right over her final two-years in high school.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Face it shuny, if Trump or anyone in his Administration had said anything even remotely like that you would be frantically posting how that proves beyond any shadow of a doubt that he's a white supremacist
        I have no doubt based on his history he is a white supremacist.

Comment

Face it shuny, if Trump or anyone in his Administration had said anything even remotely like that you would be frantically posting how that proves beyond any shadow of a doubt that he's a white supremacist
          There's very little doubt that Trump is a white supremacist, It dates back to 1970s, was when the Department of Justice sued him for racial discrimination. Since then, he has repeatedly appeared in news reports across the world as he inspired similar controversies. The latest being when talking about immigration from Haiti and African countries, when he asked "Why are we having all these people from ****hole countries coming here rather than from nice white countries like Norway.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
            There's very little doubt that Trump is a white supremacist, It dates back to 1970s, was when the Department of Justice sued him for racial discrimination. Since then, he has repeatedly appeared in news reports across the world as he inspired similar controversies. The latest being when talking about immigration from Haiti and African countries, when he asked "Why are we having all these people from ****hole countries coming here rather than from nice white countries like Norway.
            Funny how you constantly leave out that he also specifically mentioned wanting more Asian immigrants whenever you quote mine him to push your agenda. White supremacist wouldn't include Asians. Not to mention he never said "nice white countries" like you dishonestly and duplicitously insert into the supposed quote.

Moreover, Trump had an excellent relationship and reputation with blacks up until he announced he was running for president as a Republican. Gotta wonder if that would have happened if he ran as a Democrat.

00000000000000ar1a.jpg 00000000000000ar1aa.jpg 00000000000000ar1aaa.jpg 00000000000000ar1aab.jpg 00000000000000ar1aac.jpg 00000000000000ar1aad.jpg
            If you recognize any of them you'd know these are not the sort to be hanging out with a racist

What really scares liberals is that blacks are beginning to see through the clumsy smears and his support is growing among them: Trump at 36 percent approval among African-Americans, new poll finds Other polls don't show this high a level of approval but even CNN has grudgingly admitted that support among blacks is continuing to grow (saying it has doubled). Perhaps it is because under Trump they are seeing a marked improvement in their standard of living as compared to liberals who merely offer empty platitudes and promises of pie in the sky but never deliver. And watching how things disimproved for them under Obama surely had an effect as well.
            Last edited by rogue06; 10-02-2018, 05:54 AM.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Funny how you constantly leave out that he also specifically mentioned wanting more Asian immigrants whenever you quote mine him to push your agenda. White supremacist wouldn't include Asians. Not to mention he never said "nice white countries" like you dishonestly and duplicitously insert into the supposed quote.

Moreover, Trump had an excellent relationship and reputation with blacks up until he announced he was running for president as a Republican. Gotta wonder if that would have happened if he ran as a Democrat.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31656[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]31657[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]31658[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]31659[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]31660[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]31661[/ATTACH]
              If you recognize any of them you'd know these are not the sort to be hanging out with a racist

What really scares liberals is that blacks are beginning to see through the clumsy smears and his support is growing among them: Trump at 36 percent approval among African-Americans, new poll finds Other polls don't show this high a level of approval but even CNN has grudgingly admitted that support among blacks is continuing to grow (saying it has doubled). Perhaps it is because under Trump they are seeing a marked improvement in their standard of living as compared to liberals who merely offer empty platitudes and promises of pie in the sky but never deliver. And watching how things disimproved for them under Obama surely had an effect as well.
              Kanye West has jumped aboard the Trump Train and is being widely disparaged by the left as an ignorant "Uncle Tom".

https://www.breitbart.com/big-hollyw...-first-agenda/
              https://www.breitbart.com/big-hollyw...nt-read-books/
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I thought humans in general could be mean critters under the right circumstances? And wasn't there a thing in the 90's where people were getting false "repressed memories" that their parents had assaulted them in childhood? Repressed memories are horse apples if you can be made to believe that your parent abused you when they really did not.
                If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

She said she was traumatized all that time which apparently meant the symptoms (insomnia, odd claustrophobia) were bothering her but all indications suggest that she didn't know the cause until 2012. She didn't go to the therapist to be treated for being attacked but for the inability to sleep and fear of sleeping in rooms without multiple exits.
                  right. So the therapy gave her a reason why she was traumatized. Which brings into question the whole incident. If it happened, when did she "forget?" How can we be sure that anything that turned up 30 years later is anything more than a fantasy? All of a sudden, 6 years ago, when Kavanaugh was in the news, she remembered he was the one who attacked her?

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                    I thought humans in general could be mean critters under the right circumstances? And wasn't there a thing in the 90's where people were getting false "repressed memories" that their parents had assaulted them in childhood? Repressed memories are horse apples if you can be made to believe that your parent abused you when they really did not.
                    Mostly the late 80s. It culminated in the McMartin preschool trial where the defendants were actually convicted of things that were obviously ridiculous on the face of it. There were claims of seeing witches flying (including one of the defendants, who spent five years behind bars before being released), children being flushed down toilets to secret rooms where they were sexually abused and even orgies in the main room which had a large window overlooking the street where passers-by could look in and see what was going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      right. So the therapy gave her a reason why she was traumatized. Which brings into question the whole incident. If it happened, when did she "forget?" How can we be sure that anything that turned up 30 years later is anything more than a fantasy? All of a sudden, 6 years ago, when Kavanaugh was in the news, she remembered he was the one who attacked her?
                      It's kind of like one of the other accusers, Deborah Ramirez. Not only did all of the witnesses Ramirez cited to the supposed event all of them disputed it (including, like with Ford, a good friend) saying if it actually took place nearly everyone would have heard about it (and yet nobody can be found who did) but she couldn't remember who it was until after, as the New Yorker describes it:

After six days of carefully assessing her memories and consulting with her attorney, Ramirez said that she felt confident enough of her recollections to say that she remembers Kavanaugh had exposed himself at a drunken dormitory party.

These were among the reason that both the New York Times and New York Post both quickly passed on the story as not credible when it was offered to them.

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...areer-and-life

Comment