Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Deep State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    She was talking about a tactic republicans wEr using to divert attention from unpopular consequences of their positions. Here is a transcription of the conversation with sufficient context to understand it was taken out of context to create a different meaning.

Source: c-span

BECAUSE BASICALLY AT THE END OF THE DAY THAT'S WHAT PEOPLE ARE INTERESTED IN, THEIR REPRESENTATIVE AND WHAT THEIR REPRESENTATIVE IS GOING TO DO FOR THEIR DISTRICT. REPUBLICANS ARE AFRAID OF THAT CONTRAST IN A RACE. BECAUSE THEY'RE GOING TO GO THERE TO BE INVOLVED IN TRICKLED DOWN ECONOMICS, SHUTTING DOWN HOSPITALS AND REST OF IT. SO THEY DON'T WANT THEM TO SEE THAT CONTRAST SO THEY FOCUS ON SOMETHING ELSE. AND IT'S A DIVERSIONARY TACTIC. IT'S A SELF-FULFILLING PROPHET. YOU DEMONIZE -- WE CALL IT THE WRAP-UP SMEAR. YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT POLITICS. IT'S A WRAP-UP SMEAR. YOU SMEAR SOMEBODY WITH FALSEHOODED AND THEN YOU MERCHANDISE IT AND THEN YOU WRITE IT AND NELL' SAY, SEE, IT'S REPORTED IN THE PRESS THAT THIS, THIS AND THIS SO THEY HAVE THAT VALIDATION THAT THE PRESS REPORTED THE SMEAR AND THEN IT'S CALLED A WRAP-UP SMEAR. NOW I AM GOING TO MERCHANDISE THE PRESS' REPORT ON THE SMEAR THAT WE MADE. IT'S A TACTIC

© Copyright Original Source

Jim
    Folks often tend to attribute to others the sort of actions that they themselves do. It's like how a thief always expects everyone else to steal.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Folks often tend to attribute to others the sort of actions that they themselves do. It's like how a thief always expects everyone else to steal.

Seriously? Now I don't care much for pelosi myself, but this was a flagrant example of quote mining by the the conservative news outlets to smear pelosi.

So it's not ok if YECs quote mine, but because it's against Pelosi you'll defend it?

Jim
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Classic Alinsky: Create confusion by accusing your opponents of what you yourself are guilty of.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmuddle View Post

Seriously? Now I don't care much for pelosi myself, but this was a flagrant example of quote mining by the the conservative news outlets to smear pelosi.

So it's not ok if YECs quote mine, but because it's against Pelosi you'll defend it?

Jim
          You seem to have missed the point: Pelosi is being blatantly hypocritical, because this is how the left operates. Unless you have examples of the Republican party engaging in this "wrap-up smear"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            You seem to have missed the point: Pelosi is being blatantly hypocritical, because this is how the left operates. Unless you have examples of the Republican party engaging in this "wrap-up smear"?
            I didn't miss the point. That point wasn't my concern. They evidence used to make the point is false. That is my concern.

It is illegitimate to make a point by taking a person's words out of context and making them mean something it did not mean in context. It is blatant deception.

YECs have for years taken quotes out of context to make points and said they were justified doing it because what they made the quote say was true.

And not once has any non yec here accepted that as a valid justification for quote mining. In fact, it is universally denounced as deception in that context.

And it is blatant deception in this context as well.

Jim
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I didn't miss the point. That point wasn't my concern. They evidence used to make the point is false. That is my concern.

It is illegitimate to make a point by taking a person's words out of context and making them mean something it did not mean in context. It is blatant deception.

YECs have for years taken quotes out of context to make points and said they were justified doing it because what they made the quote say was true.

And not once has any non yec here accepted that as a valid justification for quote mining. In fact, it is universally denounced as deception in that context.

Jim
              I'm more incensed by the words following the bolded material than what's emphasized. Why the all caps?
              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man

Is this just your long way of conceding that you don't have evidence of the Republican party doing what the Democrat party is guilty of?

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  I'm more incensed by the words following the bolded material than what's emphasized. Why the all caps?
                  Taken directly from the C-Span Transcription. That is what they do.

To your first comment: I realize that. And so do the media that deceived you, rogue, mm etc with it. But your ire has been raised falsely. She is talking about a tactic she says the republicans are using. Not a tactic being used by the democrats (the truth or falsity of THAT claim is another debate, a debate that could make legitimate and honest use of the clip). Yet the news outlet took it completely out of context to make you think she was saying this is a tactic the democrats boast about using. So you (and all who reacted to the clip) have been deceived and manipulated by that/those news outlet(s). They have fed your anger and made you all the more hostile towards Democrats using falsified evidence.

That my friend is what really should make you mad.
                  Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-07-2018, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Is this just your long way of conceding that you don't have evidence of the Republican party doing what the Democrat party is guilty of?
                    No MM. And that might be a really good thread or secondary discussion too. But it is not related to the issue I identified which is quote mining/deception by a conservative media outlet. However this diversionary sideline is your way of accepting, even justifying willful deception from a conservative media outlet.

Jim
                    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-07-2018, 07:58 PM.

Comment

No MM. And that might be a really good thread or secondary discussion too. But it is not related to the issue I identified which is quote mining/deception by a conservative media outlet. However this diversionary sideline is your way of accepting, even justifying willful deception from a conservative media outlet.
                      C-Span is now a "conservative media outlet"?

Go look at my quote, and go look at my source. You're chasing a wild goose of your own making.

Comment

C-Span is now a "conservative media outlet"?

Go look at my quote, and go look at my source. You're chasing a wild goose of your own making.
                        The clip is a user generated cut of the actual video of the entire conversation.
                        It was not produced by or promoted by c-span.

It is a quote mined video, so my point stands. You echoed it without researching it's context so you are as duped as anyone about it.

Where did you learn about the clip? Who is making it known to people like you?

Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                          The first time I heard him speak on the radio, I wondered what the big deal was. And he wasn't struggling to put words together, so presumably that was with a teleprompter.
                          Many disagree with you, no mention of teleprompters here:

"Barack Obama is one of the great orators in American history," says Douglas Brinkley, a presidential historian and professor at Rice University.
                          http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...111-story.html

Obama is the nation's orator-in-chief, and he deserves the title and the accolades.
                          https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-union-address

Barack Obama will long stand out among contemporary presidents for the strength of his speeches, especially since he was immediately succeeded by someone with little capacity for matching them.
                          https://psmag.com/news/the-effective...obamas-oratory

President Obama Was Not Just a Great Giver of Speeches, He Was Our Best.
                          https://www.vogue.com/article/presid...obama-speeches

There are many more.

Comment

Jim
                            The fact is that was exactly what they did with the Russian collusion hoax.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The clip is a user generated cut of the actual video of the entire conversation.
                              It was not produced by or promoted by c-span.

It is a quote mined video, so my point stands. You echoed it without researching it's context so you are as duped as anyone about it.

Where did you learn about the clip? Who is making it known to people like you?
                              First of all, go read my post again, because I worded things the way I did for a reason, and I didn't say what you seem to think I said.

Secondly, go look at how the user described the video in question and his ironic observation.

You're barking up the wrong tree as usual, kiddo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                                There are many more.
                                Of course there are. Obama was "The Liberal Black Messiah" and slavishly praised by the left whether he deserved it or not.

Comment