Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Moderated By: rogue06

We (and I include myself) are going after each other at a personal level, Christian v. Christian, rather than discussing the evidence. This is wrong plain and simple and we need to stop.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Amen!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      Does the unborn child ...
      So glad to see you recognizing that it is, indeed, a child, not just a mass of cells.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
        When an article is impugned on the basis of its source....that IS the classic "genetic fallacy."
        Yes, but I didn't impugn it on the basis of the source. I gave reasons why the list of supposed "Trump lies" favored by liberals was invalid (not to mention it's a classic elephant hurl). You might disagree with my reasoning, but that doesn't make it a genetic fallacy.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Alsharad View Post
          There is over a 99% chance that the fetus will develop a functioning heart and brain.
          There is not. Miscarriage rates are generally above 10%.

Even if the first few weeks of pregnancy are discounted on the spurious grounds that the fertilized egg isn't a foetus yet, and the last few weeks of pregnancy are discounted on the similarly-spurious grounds that the heart and brain are fully developed by then, that won't reduce the miscarriage rate from foetus to full brain function to less than 1%.

Using clearly untenable arguments hurts your cause.
          Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
          MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            I hear abstinence works pretty well:
            Not against rape attempts.
            Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Yes, but I didn't impugn it on the basis of the source. I gave reasons why the list of supposed "Trump lies" favored by liberals was invalid (not to mention it's a classic elephant hurl). You might disagree with my reasoning, but that doesn't make it a genetic fallacy.
              I would say labeling a source as a "left wing rag" qualifies. Justifying the fallacy by a dismissive list of all the types of deceptions you think are present in the list doesn't do much to help your case. The list clearly says "false or misleading." While there are a handful of things I encountered in the first hundred entries that I found questionable (i.e., might have been said facetiously) the vast majority were spot on, and overlap with similar lists from a multitude of sources.

Your dismissal not withstanding, the president of this country is a documented liar who has publicly made it clear that he sees lying as a viable tool in his "media management" took kit. He has little/no credibility.
              The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                Not against rape attempts.
                That is a very small percentage of unwanted pregnancies, and most of us allow for that exception.

Next?

Comment

There is not. Miscarriage rates are generally above 10%.

Even if the first few weeks of pregnancy are discounted on the spurious grounds that the fertilized egg isn't a foetus yet, and the last few weeks of pregnancy are discounted on the similarly-spurious grounds that the heart and brain are fully developed by then, that won't reduce the miscarriage rate from foetus to full brain function to less than 1%.

Using clearly untenable arguments hurts your cause.
                  Natural deaths are not considered murder by the Christian community, either before or after birth.

Comment

Yes, but I didn't impugn it on the basis of the source. I gave reasons why the list of supposed "Trump lies" favored by liberals was invalid (not to mention it's a classic elephant hurl).
                    Classic "elephant hurling" consists of claiming that there is copious evidence, but not providing any details. That list provides details.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Natural deaths are not considered murder by the Christian community, either before or after birth.
                      Females in some armadillo species usually give birth to identical quadrupeds.

Comment

I'll try to remember that if I ever encounter it as a trivia question.

Comment

Mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            That is a very small percentage of unwanted pregnancies, and most of us allow for that exception.
                            The possibility of that exception is the main subject of this thread - it doesn't seem right to ignore it.

Comment

The possibility of that exception is the main subject of this thread - it doesn't seem right to ignore it.
                              It's not being ignored - it's being debated.

Comment

And now Kamala Harris is presenting an anonymous letter with no details accusing Kavanaugh and an unnamed friend of repeatedly raping a "Jane Doe" in the backseat of a car. The letter claims that "a group of white men, powerful senators" would come after the accuser if she revealed her identity.

It's unbelievable. Literally.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...ne-doe-in-car/

I really hope nobody here is ever the victim of such malicious smears. This has to be taking its toll on Kavanaugh and his family, but the Democrats obviously don't give a crap about that. Anything is fair game to them as long as they can maintain the status quo on the Supreme Court.
                                They will bring forth anything they can to smear Kavanaugh, even obviously fake accusations.

Comment