Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Anonymous Op-Ed from the NYT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
    I did not post in here when Obama was president. It is a poor debate tactic on your side to continue to pretend I did.
    A "debate tactic"? I simply didn't look at your join date - you're so much like the other anti-Christian bigots that you just kinda blended in.

Neither am I a Obama supporter which I have told repeatedly. I wonder why all of this is so hard to grasp.
    I know this may come as a shock to you, Charles, but you are not the center of the universe - and your 'statements' just get lost in your snittery.

I hold the view that what you do to help those in need is not something you brag about.
    Yeah, this is the typical position of somebody who doesn't do squat.

And the claim was my posts demonstrated I do not really care. Please show how.
    Because all you do is gripe and complain - and use these poor kids as a 'poor debate tactic'.

So, what you've just done is what you accuse others of doing -- avoiding answering the questions.

Ball's in your court.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      A "debate tactic"? I simply didn't look at your join date - you're so much like the other anti-Christian bigots that you just kinda blended in.

I know this may come as a shock to you, Charles, but you are not the center of the universe - and your 'statements' just get lost in your snittery.

Yeah, this is the typical position of somebody who doesn't do squat.

Because all you do is gripe and complain - and use these poor kids as a 'poor debate tactic'.

So, what you've just done is what you accuse others of doing -- avoiding answering the questions.

Ball's in your court.
      You did not look at my join date and you did not remember that I told you repeatedly that I did not post while he was president and did not support him. It is a little absurd to have to repeat it all the time. But then again, it seems all you have got is relativism and whataboutism.

I don't know why you need those other personal attacks or why you need to know exactly what I do. The fact I don't brag does not demonstrate I do not care. I feel no need to brag. There is a difference between not doing that and refusing to confront a moral issue from an objective instead of a relative perspective. A difference you missed.

Still looking forward to see Rogue provide confront the issue without his usual relativism. It has not happened yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        The question of Trump's "wrongdoing" is being dealt with by the Mueller enquiry.
        Putatively, yes. Still waiting for any charges from the Mueller inquiry to have anything whatsoever to do with Trump.
        The enquiry is a separate issue from what is at stake here, namely, Trump's fitness to govern. Multiple sources, most recently the Woodward book and the NY Times op ed, make it very clear that he isn't. He has shown himself to be ignorant, uncontrollable, unhinged undisciplined and a danger to the US and the world.
        Yet, despite all that, he's getting heaps done. The only danger he's posed so far is that of giving leftists worldwide a coronary.
        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          Putatively, yes. Still waiting for any charges from the Mueller inquiry to have anything whatsoever to do with Trump.

Yet, despite all that, he's getting heaps done. The only danger he's posed so far is that of giving leftists worldwide a coronary.
          Yeah, no doubt he's getting heaps of Putins agenda done. The only thing he's got done for the American people so far is to throw 3 million people off of health insurance while cutting the taxes for himself and his wealthy friends.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
            Yeah, no doubt he's getting heaps of Putins agenda done.
            Like bombing Putin's best bud Assad, trashing the so-called treaty with Putin's buds in Iran, supporting Putin's opponent The Ukraine, and increasing sanctions on Russia? I'd say I was amazed at your ability to twist reality into fantasy, but you've been good at that over the years.
            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Like bombing Putin's best bud Assad, trashing the so-called treaty with Putin's buds in Iran, supporting Putin's opponent The Ukraine, and increasing sanctions on Russia? I'd say I was amazed at your ability to twist reality into fantasy, but you've been good at that over the years.
              One of those attacks in Syria targeted Russian "mercenaries" killing a couple hundred of them.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                You did not look at my join date and you did not remember that I told you repeatedly that I did not post while he was president and did not support him.
                Correct. You're just a grumpy old fart who loves to complain.

It is a little absurd to have to repeat it all the time.
                You seem to enjoy being absurd.

But then again, it seems all you have got is relativism and whataboutism.
                And all you've got is whining like a little girl about relativism and whataboutism.

I don't know why you need those other personal attacks or why you need to know exactly what I do. The fact I don't brag does not demonstrate I do not care. I feel no need to brag. There is a difference between not doing that and refusing to confront a moral issue from an objective instead of a relative perspective. A difference you missed.
                Yeah, you're much better at whining about personal attacks and relativism and whataboutism.

Still looking forward to see Rogue provide confront the issue without his usual relativism. It has not happened yet.
                So, this whole post was you complaining and griping. Good job!
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Like bombing Putin's best bud Assad,
                  Big deal, he didn't have much of a choice, has to make it look good you know, they used chemical weapons on their civilians.

trashing the so-called treaty with Putin's buds in Iran,
                  Of course, he's an idiot!

supporting Putin's opponent The Ukraine,
                  You're clueless.

and increasing sanctions on Russia?
                  Congress increased sanctions, not Trump, and Trump resisted enacting them until forced to do so..

I'd say I was amazed at your ability to twist reality into fantasy, but you've been good at that over the years.
                  You must be looking in the mirror, OBP. Now what has Trump done domestically other than ride Obama's economic policy coat tails, do his best to destroy the ACA while throwing 3 million people off insurance while at the same time giving huge tax cuts to himself and his wealthy friends, undermine our democratic alliances around the world, start trade wars to the detriment of all, allow 3000 people to die in Puerto Rico in the aftermath of the hurricane, and last but not least, he's been doing his best to undermine the democratic institutions here in the U.S.in his attempt to become King Trump.
                  Last edited by JimL; 09-08-2018, 09:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    One of those attacks in Syria targeted Russian "mercenaries" killing a couple hundred of them.
                    It wasn't a targeted attack, it was in defense of an attack by both Syrian troops and Russian mercenaries. So, Trump had nothing to do with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                      Of course, they are denied. As far as tRump is concerned everybody else are liars including ALL the women that say they have been his bed mate, and accuse him of inappropriate behavior.

Ahh . . . I see no law suits against Woodward concerning his book, just bluff and bluster threatening to blow his house down.
                      And again...

On the one hand we have unverified and undocumented claims of what people said and on the other we have denials from those who were there denying they said what was attributed to them. Hummm, what do we believe? Public statements by figures that are part of the Trump admin or unverified sources that we have no idea who they are?
                      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

They will come in due course, no doubt. Meanwhile many Trump associates and others connected with Trump have been accused or convicted of crimes. Trump himself continues to act like a guilty man.

It depends on how you look at it. So far, the Trump-era economy has statistically been merely an extension of the Obama-era economy. Trump might be helping make America great again, but only for a little while.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...ain-ncna886161

Comment

• Source: Why Trump's Record Trumps the Media's Spin

https://nationalinterest.org/feature...ias-spin-30757

© Copyright Original Source

Emphasis mine.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            I don't mind the person speaking out, but I'm not sure how to think about it. I don't like the idea of moles in the White House in general, but then on the other hand, had it not been for Deep Throat, the mole in the Nixon White House, we would never have uncovered the criminal activity of Nixon and his administration.
                            I don't think that Trump is being very smart in trying to out this person though, because when and if he does, I'm sure he'll have a whole lot more to say about Trump and his administration, and it won't be good.
                            I think people "leaking" in any administration is a good thing, as long as it's not information that will put people in harm's way. We SHOULD have as much visibility into the administration as possible. This person, however, claims more than just a mole leaking information - they are claiming an organized resistance to protect the country from Trump's worst inclinations and actions. I have to admit that I am concerned about the anonymous nature of this group, and wonder what posting this Op Ed was expected to achieve. I have even wondered if perhaps Trump himself is behind it. After all - his philosophy of "keep the media eyes on me" is certainly maintained with this story. On the other hand, I seriously doubt Trump could tolerate such a blistering indictment of his capabilities.

Who knows...
                            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                              I think people "leaking" in any administration is a good thing, as long as it's not information that will put people in harm's way. We SHOULD have as much visibility into the administration as possible. This person, however, claims more than just a mole leaking information - they are claiming an organized resistance to protect the country from Trump's worst inclinations and actions. I have to admit that I am concerned about the anonymous nature of this group, and wonder what posting this Op Ed was expected to achieve. I have even wondered if perhaps Trump himself is behind it. After all - his philosophy of "keep the media eyes on me" is certainly maintained with this story. On the other hand, I seriously doubt Trump could tolerate such a blistering indictment of his capabilities.

Who knows...
                              The only thing wrong with your musing is that the NYT claims to "know this individual" and consider him/her trustworthy. Assuming, of course, you trust the NYT's account. If NYT is telling the truth, it can't be Trump's doing.

Interesting thought, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post

Who knows...
                                It's commentary like this that drives home just how little liberals really understand Trump. They think the grotesque caricature of him that they carry around in their heads is the real thing.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment