Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Blue Collar Harris Poll...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charles, one of your problems is you apparently refuse to acknowledge that pretty much all the "pro-Trump" supporters here agree that Trump is highly morally flawed and support him to whatever extent they do in SPITE of those moral flaws. Somehow, I don't think you've managed to find a unique bubble of evangelical voters here who do not represent the majority. Would you please, PLEASE stop continually immolating the same ol' strawman alleging the evangelicals are indifferent about Trump's moral failings? It bothers me that you are seemingly more interested in anti-evangelical rhetoric than reality. It is not an insignificant factor in you coming across as a smug, self-righteous, hypocritical twit.
    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Thank you Obama!!!
      Got that right!

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        I want Trump to be a mature Trump. I like much of what he has accomplished, but I doubt the way he's gone about doing things is the only way he could've gotten that done (and think that he could've gotten MORE done if he'd approached things differently).
        So, you like the swamp of thieves and their master thief. Funny how republicans want the swamp drained until their guys are in charge of it and then they become blind to it. Same thing with debt and deficits, no longer matters once their guys are in there.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Got that right!
          Really Jim? I have asked this a number of times - what policies did Obama put in place that were business friendly? That made it easier for business to grow and expand. Please list them.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            Really Jim? I have asked this a number of times - what policies did Obama put in place that were business friendly? That made it easier for business to grow and expand. Please list them.
            Obama inherited, and had to deal with bringing us out of, a near depression, unemployment at 10%, losing over 800 jobs a month when he took office, and the job growth is the same now as it was under Obama, although wages are still stagnant so all Trump has done with deregulation and huge corporate tax cuts is to further enrich the corporations while throwing the average american and the environment under the bus.

Comment

Obama inherited, and had to deal with bringing us out of, a near depression, unemployment at 10%, losing over 800 jobs a month when he took office, and the job growth is the same now as it was under Obama, although wages are still stagnant so all Trump has done with deregulation and huge corporate tax cuts is to further enrich the corporations while throwing the average american and the environment under the bus.
              Jim, I did not say that Obama did not inherent a mess. I asked what business friendly policies he put into place, because if you think this recent growth is attributed to Obama then why? We know Trump's policies are business friendly. And no, Obama did not see the GDP that we are experiencing now.
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Got that right!
                And he's back and desperate to convince Americans who know better. Mr. Hubris (the only man that can possibly out ego the ultra conceited Trump) mentioned himself 102 in an hour long speech at the University of Illinois. I'm only a tiny bit surprised that he didn't claim that the earth itself had begun healing again with his return to the limelight.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So, you like the swamp of thieves and their master thief. Funny how republicans want the swamp drained until their guys are in charge of it and then they become blind to it. Same thing with debt and deficits, no longer matters once their guys are in there.
                  Um, no. Try again, kemosabe. Perhaps try to interact with facts instead of whatever fantasy is in your head next time.
                  Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

US wage growth hits nine-year high

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-45448323

Comment

Jim, I did not say that Obama did not inherent a mess. I asked what business friendly policies he put into place, because if you think this recent growth is attributed to Obama then why? We know Trump's policies are business friendly. And no, Obama did not see the GDP that we are experiencing now.
                      You don't even need to know what policies seer, all you need do is look at the results. We've been on this economic trajectory for 8 years now and actually created more jobs in the last 2 or 3 years of the Obama administration than have been created in the 1st 2 years of the Trump administration. Unlike Obama, Trump inherited a very good situation, thanks to Obama. So, what Trump is going to do now, is to completely blow that up by giving huge tax cuts to himself and his corporate CEO buddies, make health insurance innaccessable once again, do his best to destroy the environment, and blow a hole in the deficit, leaving another mess for the democrats to come in and clean up while he and his wealthy constituents walk away all the richer while laughing at the gullibility of the american electorate who fall for it every time..
                      Last edited by JimL; 09-10-2018, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        And he's back and desperate to convince Americans who know better. Mr. Hubris (the only man that can possibly out ego the ultra conceited Trump) mentioned himself 102 in an hour long speech at the University of Illinois. I'm only a tiny bit surprised that he didn't claim that the earth itself had begun healing again with his return to the limelight.
                        Yes, he is desperate, but not to convince people like you, he knows that to be a near impossibility, but he is desperate to convince patriotic americans that if they value democracy they need to wake up and vote.

Comment

You don't even need to know what policies seer, all you need do is look at the results. We've been on this economic trajectory for 8 years now and actually created more jobs in the last 2 or 3 years of the Obama administration than have been created in the 1st 2 years of the Trump administration. Unlike Obama, Trump inherited a very good situation, thanks to Obama. So, what Trump is going to do now, is to completely blow that up by giving huge tax cuts to himself and his corporate CEO buddies, make health insurance innaccessable once again, do his best to destroy the environment, and blow a hole in the deficit, leaving another mess for the democrats to come in and clean up while he and his wealthy constituents walk away all the richer while laughing at the gullibility of the american electorate who fall for it every time..
                          Jim, you don't know which policies because there really weren't any. There were actually two I can think of - the bail out of two car and Wall Street companies, and the Stimulus package. And like I said we naturally grow out of recessions, that is what Capitalism does. And there is good evidence that Obama's policies prolonged the recession: https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterfe.../#19bcf4f76dd5

Comment

Jim, you don't know which policies because there really weren't any. There were actually two I can think of - the bail out of two car and Wall Street companies, and the Stimulus package. And like I said we naturally grow out of recessions, that is what Capitalism does. And there is good evidence that Obama's policies prolonged the recession: https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterfe.../#19bcf4f76dd5
                            Yes, well you are just contradicting your own argument then seer. If we just come out of recessions naturally, if policy does nothing, then stop patting Trump on the back for the great job he's doing.

Comment

Yes, well you are just contradicting your own argument then seer. If we just come out of recessions naturally, if policy does nothing, then stop patting Trump on the back for the great job he's doing.
                              No Jim, there are policies that can help business to grow and policies that can stifle growth. Like high taxes and over regulation.

Comment

Small business optimism surges to highest level ever, topping previous record under Reagan

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/11/smal...hest-ever.html

Airlines say booming US economy led to record summer travel

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-summer-travel

Comment