Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Free Health Care For All...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    ObamaCare quadrupled (at least) the time and money necessary for compliance. Many smaller practices had to combine, or be bought up by bigger conglomerates because they could not meet the requirements for compliance without outside help.
    Yeah I remember my doctor's office basically stopped taking certain patients because of Obamacare. They didn't have the resources to comply and handle the paperwork. So much for "less paperwork with government in control of healthcare"

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      When it ends up costing a person AS MUCH or MORE than just getting full on private insurance, and you get worst service, then it is crazy and messed up. You asked me why I am hesitant to support socialized medicine. I told you. The government can't even get medicare right or keep it funded so how can they do it for the entire nation?
      They can't, until and unless Congress stops being so partisan and works together to create a reasonable and well-structured system.

correct. It probably WILL cover abortions but not dental. That is the sort of stuff I am worried about.
      I have no way of knowing what it will or will not cover, given that it's not even yet a proposition that is being seriously considered by Congress.

and end up costing people more in the end. Paying outrageous taxes and still having to pay for private coverage too.
      I have no way of knowing what it will or will not cost, given that it's not even yet a proposition that is being seriously considered by Congress.

So now you see why I qualified my approval of socialized medicine. It is good in theory but I have strong doubts about it being implemented correctly or efficiently.
      I have similar concerns in our current political climate.
      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
        They can't, until and unless Congress stops being so partisan and works together to create a reasonable and well-structured system.

I have no way of knowing what it will or will not cover, given that it's not even yet a proposition that is being seriously considered by Congress.

I have no way of knowing what it will or will not cost, given that it's not even yet a proposition that is being seriously considered by Congress.

I have similar concerns in our current political climate.
        I am thinking that if they can't even handle socialized medicine on a portion of our population (the elderly) and they have been using it for decades, then there is very little chance they could come up with a workable system for everyone. They also have to keep the insurance lobby happy. They will not want to suddenly be irrelevant or put out of business. Not to mention the pharmaceutical companies. So they will do something like medicare for everyone with the insurance companies picking up the slack and making everything complicated and expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          In reality Lilpix, and as is usual, you have no idea what you're talking about.
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I am thinking that if they can't even handle socialized medicine on a portion of our population (the elderly) and they have been using it for decades, then there is very little chance they could come up with a workable system for everyone. They also have to keep the insurance lobby happy. They will not want to suddenly be irrelevant or put out of business. Not to mention the pharmaceutical companies. So they will do something like medicare for everyone with the insurance companies picking up the slack and making everything complicated and expensive.
            Look at the mess the Veterans Administration has been in.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Why that's odd OBP, I didn't see you telling Lilpix to back up her assertion.
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Why that's odd OBP, I didn't see you telling Lilpix to back up her assertion.
                Lilpix should back up her assertion, too.

Your move.
                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Maybe - but then we don't really know what it would look like because Congress is not seriously considering it.
                  The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Look at the mess the Veterans Administration has been in.
                    heck I forgot about that! Yeah. Total mess.

Although Tricare, the Military health insurance that active and retired military and their dependents get, was always really good. I lost it when I turned 21, but my parents both had it and it took care of them very well.

Comment

Although Tricare, the Military health insurance that active and retired military and their dependents get, was always really good. I lost it when I turned 21, but my parents both had it and it took care of them very well.
                      I haven't dealt with the VA in, probably, 20 years, but back then, I often took our vets to the hospital or doctor appointments, and it angered me the way they were treated. You sign in, and sit and wait... often for HOURS, and on more than one occasion, they were told they had to "come back tomorrow".
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Again, I'd want to see more than anecdotes. My dad had VA coverage and it was never a problem and they were especially excellent in his final days. But that's just an anecdote. Data, anyone?

Comment

Again, I'd want to see more than anecdotes. My dad had VA coverage and it was never a problem and they were especially excellent in his final days. But that's just an anecdote. Data, anyone?
                          Haven't you been paying attention to the news and controversies regarding the VA, how they treated veterans, or rather didn't treat them, about the lack of staff and doctors so bad that they have closed several VA hospitals? Is this another one of your denial moments?

Comment

Anecdotes bad!

Again, I'd want to see more than anecdotes.
                            Anecdotes GOOD!

My dad had VA coverage and it was never a problem and they were especially excellent in his final days.
                            Anecdotes dismissed...

But that's just an anecdote.
                            Just Google Veterans Administration scandal

Data, anyone?

Comment

Anecdotes bad!

Anecdotes GOOD!

Anecdotes dismissed...
                              Anecdotes are excellent teaching tools. i use them all the time. They just are very poor data to make an argument.

Just Google Veterans Administration scandal
                              Interesting exercise. There have apparently been several over the last century. But then again, the same is true of several government departments. It does not follow, for me, that a department that suffers a scandal is a "bad department" or means it shouldn't exist. It just means there is a situation to resolve. And, sometimes, the scandal is largely fabricated. Remember the big IRS scandal about them targeting/investigating right-leaning organizations? Turns out they were targeting/investigating left-leaning organizations as well. They were targeting ANY organization that appeared to have a political dimension and was trying to be a 501(c) non-profit. But the attention was all put on the right-leaning ones, creating a "scandal" where there really was none. Based on what I've read, I do believe the VA needs some attention and the negligence is "scandalous." I would not dismantle the VA. I'd find someone(s) to fix the problem.

Now THAT is funny!

Comment

Haven't you been paying attention to the news and controversies regarding the VA, how they treated veterans, or rather didn't treat them, about the lack of staff and doctors so bad that they have closed several VA hospitals? Is this another one of your denial moments?
                                No. It is one of my "more than anecdotes" please, moments. There are many articles about the situation. Articles are OK. I'm looking for the data behind them.

Comment