Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trade War With EU Averted...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade War With EU Averted...

Yeah boy, that's how you get it done!

U.S., EU Agree to Resolve Trade Differences
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/us-eu-a...524795?tesla=y
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Originally posted by seer View Post
    Yeah boy, that's how you get it done!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/us-eu-a...524795?tesla=y
    I just saw that flash across my news feed. If it pans out, then I applaud the accomplishment.
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

This is what Trump does - he goes nutso crazy with dire warnings, then he settles it down.

Meanwhile, the liberals predictably go all nutso crazy (and Trump lives for that) then they're stunned when the sky doesn't fall, and they don't have to run and tell the King.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        This is what Trump does - he goes nutso crazy with dire warnings, then he settles it down.

Meanwhile, the liberals predictably go all nutso crazy (and Trump lives for that) then they're stunned when the sky doesn't fall, and they don't have to run and tell the King.
        This is typical business dealings. Be willing to walk away from the table and when they other party caves and calls you back, you have a better deal. Trump runs his presidency like a business. And it seems to be working.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          This is typical business dealings. Be willing to walk away from the table and when they other party caves and calls you back, you have a better deal. Trump runs his presidency like a business. And it seems to be working.
          But he ENJOYS it, and I think his opponents realize that.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
            I just saw that flash across my news feed. If it pans out, then I applaud the accomplishment.
            And just the other day, some people were claiming that Trump's policies were "economic suicide".
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Alternatively, we could be looking at Trump backing down in the face of pressure from Congress and the electorate. As with North Korea, we don't have a plan here. We just have a vague agreement to get to zero tariffs with no timeline identified. So far, the primary thing I see from this announcement is cessation of continued tariff hikes, which midwest farmers, a wide array of struggling businesses, and Congress (even Republican members) have been calling for. We've seen a similar thing going on in North Korea - a lot of promises with no strategy and no timeline. So far, North Korea does not appear to have done anything it hasn't done before in previous "deals." I'm waiting for progress that goes beyond what has happened before.

As Mr. Trump is fond of saying, "we shall see." Actually, I'm not sure he's literate enough to use "shall." The proper quote is probably "we'll see."
              The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                And just the other day, some people were claiming that Trump's policies were "economic suicide".
                Yes, they were, and they are (IMO). As I noted in my previous post, we haven't seen anything yet except the promise of cessation of tariff hikes and the promise of move to zero tariffs. The former can easily be seen as Trump caving to pressure from the media, Congress, and the electorate. The latter is a promise with no timeline. I will indeed applaud the achievement, if it happens. Trump is inconsistent. One never knows what will next tick him off and get him going again. It seems to depend on what the hosts of Fox and Friends say.

Comment

Alternatively, we could be looking at Trump backing down in the face of pressure from Congress and the electorate.
                  If you wish. Or a combination of the two. Or maybe he actually had a plan and it worked, but God forbid THAT should ever be considered.

Comment

Yes, they were, and they are (IMO). As I noted in my previous post, we haven't seen anything yet except the promise of cessation of tariff hikes and the promise of move to zero tariffs. The former can easily be seen as Trump caving to pressure from the media, Congress, and the electorate. The latter is a promise with no timeline. I will indeed applaud the achievement, if it happens. Trump is inconsistent. One never knows what will next tick him off and get him going again. It seems to depend on what the hosts of Fox and Friends say.
                    Reference the bolded part - I'm sure that will be wild and heartfelt.

Comment

You're right, it's totally possible the sky will still fall.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

As with North Korea, we don't have a plan here.
                        That's ignorant of you to say that. How would you know? You're privy to information the rest of us don't have?

As Mr. Trump is fond of saying, "we shall see." Actually, I'm not sure he's literate enough to use "shall." The proper quote is probably "we'll see."
                        We shall see!

Comment

If you wish. Or a combination of the two. Or maybe he actually had a plan and it worked, but God forbid THAT should ever be considered.
                          I do not see significant signs that this man does much "planning." But the probability is not zero, so... we'll see

Comment

Reference the bolded part - I'm sure that will be wild and heartfelt.
                            No - it will be with mixed feelings. There are several ways to get to a goal. One can applaud the goal and decry the methodology.

Comment

I do not see significant signs that this man does much "planning." But the probability is not zero, so... we'll see
                              So, the results are negated because you "don't see the planning"? Come on, Carpe - you're better than that.

Comment