Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Maria Butina, Russian operative arrested.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    As is Manafort "spectacularly untrustworthy". Why are you focusing on Gates?
    Because you keep defending him. I brought him up because you asked how the trial was going, and he's sort of part of that. As you are congenitably unable to let anyone else have the last word, you're welcome to it.
    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

One does realise that when you lot launch into cartoons and big bright pictures that you have no argument. Admittedly, it must be difficult to defend Trump's swampland.
      Higher lifeforms appreciate humor. Lesser lifeforms do not.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        I was commenting on the Jeopardy song.
        My fault for posting the jeopardy music! Tass must be a real scream at parties.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          Well, no. As long as his lies are in conformity with the actual evidence, no one's going to know any better. Would you trust Trump, even under an immunity deal, to tell the truth on something you can't independently verify?

You have an active imagination, Jim.
          Like I said, you have been, and there is no doubt that you will continue to, make excuses for this corrupt bunch. Lying can't be in conformity with the actual evidence OBP. What is it you want to argue now, that the prosecution is either corrupt or stupid?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
            Like I said, you have been, and there is no doubt that you will continue to, make excuses for this corrupt bunch. Lying can't be in conformity with the actual evidence OBP. What is it you want to argue now, that the prosecution is either corrupt or stupid?
            What the heck are you rabbiting on about? If, e.g., a phone call wasn't recorded, Gates can say whatever the heck he wants to say about it, truth be damned. All he has to do is be truthful about what the actual evidence shows in order to keep immunity.
            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

What the heck are you rabbiting on about? If, e.g., a phone call wasn't recorded, Gates can say whatever the heck he wants to say about it, truth be damned. All he has to do is be truthful about what the actual evidence shows in order to keep immunity.
              Ah, Gates doesn't necessarily know everything that Mueller knows, so he can't afford to lie and risk ending up in prison along with his partner in crime. This particular trial concerns Manaforts, and Gates financial crimes, and as far as his financial crimes are concerned, Mueller could have successfully prosecuted Manafort without Gates as a witness, the crimes, both of their crimes, are documented.

Comment

Because you keep defending him. I brought him up because you asked how the trial was going, and he's sort of part of that. As you are congenitably unable to let anyone else have the last word, you're welcome to it.
                The trial is of Manafort, not Gates. And the latter is not likely to risk his immunity by lying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Higher lifeforms appreciate humor. Lesser lifeforms do not.
                  The highest lifeforms recognise deflection and diversionary tactics when they see it.

Comment

The highest lifeforms recognise deflection and diversionary tactics when they see it.
                    Tass - it was a joke - there was no diversion - it was humor - nothing to do with the topic.

You're getting nuttier by the day.

Comment

Tass - it was a joke - there was no diversion - it was humor - nothing to do with the topic.
                      The "diversion" was the joke that was unrelated to the topic.

You're getting nuttier by the day.
                      Good to see you've maintained your "no-name calling" policy!

Comment

The "diversion" was the joke that was unrelated to the topic.
                        The "diversion" is entirely in your head - go back and look at the actual conversation....

OBP, my friend, made a challenge to JimL that he knew JimL would not be able to meet....

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        Please provide evidence that I'm defending Manafort.

Go on, I'll wait.
                        I commented on OBP's post....

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        When you do that, I hear that "Jeopardy music" in my head.

So, tell me, oh genius, what was I "diverting" from?

Ummmmm.... saying that you're getting nuttier by the day is not "name calling".

If anything is a diversion, it's this nutty picking of nit on hour part.

It is amazing the things over which you can get your panties in a wad.

Comment

The "diversion" is entirely in your head - go back and look at the actual conversation....

OBP, my friend, made a challenge to JimL that he knew JimL would not be able to meet...
                          Except for the fact that I did answer OBP's challenge. OBP was defending Manafort in exactly the same way Manaforts lawyer was defending him. In other words by dismissing Gates as untrustworthy even though he is at risk of losing his own immunity if he lies and even though most everything that Gates will testify to is documented.

Ummmmm.... saying that you're getting nuttier by the day is not "name calling".
                          Ha ha, too funny CP. "When I do it, it's not name calling." You are such a hypocrite. Atone!

Comment

I keep forgetting how incredibly overly sensitive you liberals are. Need a tissue?

(yeah, I just called you another name in LibSpeak )

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              Except for the fact that I did answer OBP's challenge. OBP was defending Manafort in exactly the same way Manaforts lawyer was defending him. In other words by dismissing Gates as untrustworthy even though he is at risk of losing his own immunity if he lies and even though most everything that Gates will testify to is documented.
                              As I've noted in the past, you're not very good at mindreading, Jim. My intent in posting was not to defend Manafort. My intent was to point out that Gates can't be trusted farther than I can throw him. It is amusing watching you defend his testimony as trustworthy, though.
                              sigpic

Comment

As I've noted in the past, you're not very good at mindreading, Jim. My intent in posting was not to defend Manafort. My intent was to point out that Gates can't be trusted farther than I can throw him. It is amusing watching you defend his testimony as trustworthy, though.
                                Once again, nobody is saying that Gates is a good guy. BUT the fact is that he has a lot to lose by lying AND there is a long paper-trail of almost everything to which Gates will testify.

Comment