Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

A Sad Commentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Wasn't there some leftist TV personality sneering at VP Pence for saying God spoke to him? Saying that is a clear sign of insanity. That was until Oprah announced that she was waiting for God to tell her that she should run for president.
    I think it was the beautiful, intelligent and gracious ladies of the view.

Joy Behar mocks Pence's faith, calls his relationship with Christ possible 'mental illness'

Joy_Behar_c56-0-880-481_s885x516.jpg

I think there was quite a backlash, as she offended a huge majority of Americans...

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I think it was the beautiful, intelligent and gracious ladies of the view.

Joy Behar mocks Pence's faith, calls his relationship with Christ possible 'mental illness'
      Ah, yes... the View Shrews. Where several very angry, scowling "comediennes" regularly spew venom and hatred toward all who aren't on the far left.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Ah, yes... the View Shrews. Where several very angry, scowling "comediennes" regularly spew venom and hatred toward all who aren't on the far left.
        Whoopie!!!!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
          So were these claims as absurd as the Waters claim apparently is?
          Maxine is in a class all her own...

If a white conservative said something like that, they would be blasted by the MSM as inciting a riot.

Comment

Maxine is in a class all her own...

If a white conservative said something like that, they would be blasted by the MSM as inciting a riot.
            Pure speculation, so not really worth a response.

And I agree with her that people should be screaming, and that Trump is dangerous. But they should be "screaming" with their social commentary, with their marches and rallies, with their calls to oppose the new and ugly kinds of "normal" Trump represents, and (most importantly) with their vote.
            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Yet, here you are.

And I agree with her that people should be screaming, and that Trump is dangerous. But they should be "screaming" with their social commentary, with their marches and rallies, with their calls to oppose the new and ugly kinds of "normal" Trump represents, and (most importantly) with their vote.
              "her people"?

Comment

You seem to have a gift for saying profoundly ignorant things in mostly grammatically correct ways.
                In defense of Tassman, Trump actually did argue those things, and did it long after the conspiracy theory had crashed and burned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                  In defense of Tassman, Trump actually did argue those things, and did it long after the conspiracy theory had crashed and burned.
                  I'll take your word for that, Leon, but Tassman has such a habit of overshooting the runway with his rhetoric that I don't believe much of what he says without a cite.

Comment

Another of your "right wing memes"?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So, I'm curious. We've had many politicians claim they are there (running for, or in office) because god wants them to. George Bush. Scott Walker. John Kasich. Ben Carson. Rick Perry. Rick Santorum. Mike Huckabee. Trump never said it about himself (that I know of) but Paula White (his spiritual advisor?) made the claim on his behalf.

So were these claims as absurd as the Waters claim apparently is?
                      It's my own private joke that most of the time when someone says, "God told me to do such and such," God is sitting in heaven saying, "Hey, how, don't blame me!"
                      Last edited by Mountain Man; 07-29-2018, 08:04 PM.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I'll take your word for that, Leon, but Tassman has such a habit of overshooting the runway with his rhetoric that I don't believe much of what he says without a cite.
                        You need cites for Trump's birther lies re Obama! REALLY!

Comment

Yet, here you are.
                          Actually, I didn't organize that response well. The "pure speculation" was your last comment, which I did not respond to. The, "if W had X, Y would Z" statements are just fluff. No one can prove them to be true or false. They are just existing-point-of-view-self-stimulation.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          "her people"?
                          Read it again...
                          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Another of your "right wing memes"?
                            No. As far as I can tell - a LOT of people, across the political spectrum, play the speculation game.

If Hillary had won, she would have Xed
                            If Trump had lost, he would have Yed
                            If a Dem said that, Reps would Z
                            If a Rep said that, Dems would W

The entire "speculation game" is a pointless exercise. The claimant cannot show it to be true, and the objector cannot show it to be false, because it didn't happen. So it just gives the claimant a chance to self-stimulate their existing point of view.
                            Last edited by carpedm9587; 07-30-2018, 09:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              It's my own private joke that most of the time when someone says, "God told me to do such and such," God is sitting in heaven saying, "Hey, how, don't blame me!"
                              It's my own private joke that all of the time, when someone says, "God told me to do such and such," God is not!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                                You need cites for Trump's birther lies re Obama! REALLY!
                                It's more about not trusting your word, Tass - you are consumed with hate and will say just about anything.

Comment