Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Separating immigrant families and imprisoning children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You did not answer the basic question and I suppose you never will. Children were at first separated from their parents in an unjustifiable act of cruelty. Then it turns out some of them may never ever see their parents again because authorities lost track of them. And your answer is: "And, again - this happens every day in America where parents are found to be unfit". So, you are reffering to a completely different situation in order to justify it by an appeal to common practice (a fallacy by the way).

Feel free to continue your personal attacks. Some of my information on this topic I received from Christians who had absolutely no problem in seeing that this is just wrong. But it seems the cult cannot see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
      You did not answer the basic question and I suppose you never will. Children were at first separated from their parents in an unjustifiable act of cruelty.
      You ascribe a motive you cannot prove - when something is done that has horrific results, it's often a case of unintended consequences. You are much more judgmental than I am.

Then it turns out some of them may never ever see their parents again because authorities lost track of them.
      In the cases where it would be better for them to have stayed with their parents, that's deplorable.

And your answer is: "And, again - this happens every day in America where parents are found to be unfit".
      That's a Fack Jack!

So, you are reffering to a completely different situation in order to justify it by an appeal to common practice (a fallacy by the way).
      Actually, I'm not. I'm just not buying your extremist judgmental assessment.

Feel free to continue your personal attacks.
      They're observations. Why are you here, Charles? For the Christian fellowship? You are yet another anti-Christian bigot who is here to attack Christians at any opportunity, and, in this case, you're using this crisis as your excuse.

Some of my information on this topic I received from Christians who had absolutely no problem in seeing that this is just wrong. But it seems the cult cannot see it.
      Where children are being removed forcefully from their parents, AND it would have been better for them to remain with their parents - that is clearly wrong.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Where children are being removed forcefully from their parents, AND it would have been better for them to remain with their parents - that is clearly wrong.
        You finally said it.

The rest of your statements I disagree with and your description of my aim in here is a complete misunderstanding. But you finally said what you have spent so many posts trying to avoid saying. I am glad you did so (really).

Comment

You ascribe a motive you cannot prove - when something is done that has horrific results, it's often a case of unintended consequences. You are much more judgmental than I am.

In the cases where it would be better for them to have stayed with their parents, that's deplorable.

That's a Fack Jack!

Actually, I'm not. I'm just not buying your extremist judgmental assessment.

They're observations. Why are you here, Charles? For the Christian fellowship? You are yet another anti-Christian bigot who is here to attack Christians at any opportunity, and, in this case, you're using this crisis as your excuse.

So apparently you believe that in many cases Trumps policy of separating children from their parents is somehow benevolent because the children are better off without them. The stuff you guys come up with in order to defend Trump and ease your own conscious is ridiculous.

Comment

You finally said it.
            It's been implied all along, but I don't like those silly games where "unless you say it like I want it said, you're a horrible person". So immature.

The rest of your statements I disagree with
            I'm shocked. SHOCKED, I say.

and your description of my aim in here is a complete misunderstanding.
            Then start engaging in civil discourse instead of using every opportunity to use your favorite phrase - "so called Christians".

But you finally said what you have spent so many posts trying to avoid saying. I am glad you did so (really).
            What I said is not the same as what you have been hyperventilating about. My statement was clear and concise.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Apart from personal attacks, what have you got?
              Aside from pontificating from a position of ignorance (and highly selective chiding of those who make personal attacks), what have YOU got?
              Is it so hard for you to see that separating children from their parents possibly forever is just plain and simple wrong?
              Is it so hard for you to see that separating children from their parents might in rare cases be better for the children than the alternative?
              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

And, again - this happens every day in America where parents are found to be unfit. All you know about the border is the extremist left wing talking points on which you thrive.
                And ignores the fact that things were as bad if not worse when the Obamessiah was in charge but the majority of the MSM wasn't interested back then and tended to spike stories about it.

Still some liberals know the truth like Henry Cuellar (D-Tex) who was on CNN in mid-June noting that he had released photos of children held in cages back in 2014 complaining how "it was kept quiet under the Obama Administration" and the MSM wasn't interested.

According to a headline in the March 11, 2015 of the Washington Post: Mexican kids held for months as punishment for border-crossing -- which was nearly two months before Trump even announced his intention to run for President.

Maria Hinojosa, the anchor and executive producer of Latino USA on National Public Radio, was on MSNBC Live a little over a week ago noted that the problem started on George W. Bush but got far, far worse under Obama.

I was doing this reporting through 2010, so it was in the leadup under the George W. Bush administration and then kind of went on steroids under the Obama administration.

She also pointed that there was allegations of female guards sexually molesting female detainees.

Something tells me she won't be a guest on MSNBC again any time soon.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You did not answer the basic question and I suppose you never will. Children were at first separated from their parents in an unjustifiable act of cruelty. Then it turns out some of them may never ever see their parents again because authorities lost track of them. And your answer is: "And, again - this happens every day in America where parents are found to be unfit". So, you are reffering to a completely different situation in order to justify it by an appeal to common practice (a fallacy by the way).

Feel free to continue your personal attacks. Some of my information on this topic I received from Christians who had absolutely no problem in seeing that this is just wrong. But it seems the cult cannot see it.
                  You characterizing it as an "unjustifiable act of cruelty" doesn't make it so.

Any child that can't be reunited with their parent is a tragedy. It is not the modus operandi of ICE. They don't say "Gorsh! Let's take this kid away from his mommy and then lose him in the system!"

Also some children are there NOT with their parents but because of human trafficking.

Hey I have an idea, if you want to watch what really goes on at the US border, there is a reality show called "Border Wars" that was on a while back, I think during Obama's administration, that follows Immigration Border patrols as they capture illegal aliens and what happens to them. As well as who these people are.

I know you are in another country so I am not sure what the restrictions are so here are a few links:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5k3fll
                  https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+wars+season+1

It's not all innocent people trying to escape a worn torn country with kids in tow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    You characterizing it as an "unjustifiable act of cruelty" doesn't make it so.

Any child that can't be reunited with their parent is a tragedy. It is not the modus operandi of ICE. They don't say "Gorsh! Let's take this kid away from his mommy and then lose him in the system!"

Also some children are there NOT with their parents but because of human trafficking.

Hey I have an idea, if you want to watch what really goes on at the US border, there is a reality show called "Border Wars" that was on a while back, I think during Obama's administration, that follows Immigration Border patrols as they capture illegal aliens and what happens to them. As well as who these people are.

I know you are in another country so I am not sure what the restrictions are so here are a few links:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5k3fll
                    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+wars+season+1

It's not all innocent people trying to escape a worn torn country with kids in tow.
                    Still trying to talk about everything else but separation of innocent children from their parents forever. You mention it quickly but leave it as soon as possible. Why?

Comment

Still trying to talk about everything else but separation of innocent children from their parents forever. You mention it quickly but leave it as soon as possible. Why?
                      How many of the separations, Charles, are cases where it's clearly better for the children to stay with their assumed parents?
                      How many of the separations are cases where it's clearly better for the children to be removed from either abusive parents or child traffickers?

Comment

Because it is not a policy, Chucky. It is when things go wrong. As they do in any bureaucracy. The initial cause is parents trying to sneak across the border with their children instead of legally applying for asylum or immigration. I don't see you blaming the parents. Did you know a lot of children DIE just trying to GET to the border? I don't see you complaining about that or blaming the parents for that. I suppose THAT is Trump's fault too?

How about you watch those videos first, then come back and post when you are a bit more informed on what goes on at the border.

Last edited by Sparko; 07-30-2018, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          Because it is not a policy, Chucky. It is when things go wrong. As they do in any bureaucracy. The initial cause is parents trying to sneak across the border with their children instead of legally applying for asylum or immigration. I don't see you blaming the parents. Did you know a lot of children DIE just trying to GET to the border? I don't see you complaining about that or blaming the parents for that. I suppose THAT is Trump's fault too?

How about you watch those videos first, then come back and post when you are a bit more informed on what goes on at the border.

Still trying to escape it... Perhaps they should refrain from separating children from their parents until they know how to keep track of them? If they cannot manage such a simple task they are not fit for their job. In this case it is a job no decent person should do anyway.

Comment

Still trying to escape it... Perhaps they should refrain from separating children from their parents until they know how to keep track of them? If they cannot manage such a simple task they are not fit for their job. In this case it is a job no decent person should do anyway.
                            Perhaps you should get informed before whining?

Watched the videos yet?

Comment

Again, I ask....

How many of the separations, Charles, are cases where it's clearly better for the children to stay with their assumed parents?
                              How many of the separations are cases where it's clearly better for the children to be removed from either abusive parents or child traffickers?

Comment

Since authorities lost track of them it is hard to say. If each individual counts, each case is equally as big a tragedy.

Comment