Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Hogg Wild Profanity Tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Wow. Churches are "safe spaces". Where we invite anybody to come in and worship, and there is love and joy.

Is that your best example? Or would you like to try again.
    I doubt that you'll find many that put up signs saying things like "If you voted for Hillary you can't come in"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Moreover every larger church I've ever been in tends to have folks representing a wide spectrum of political beliefs making bizarre claims that it is a conservative safe space utter nonsense. What they have in common is a love for God.
      You'll get that even in small churches.
      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        You'll get that even in small churches.
        Absolutely, but I would think that there is a better chance that they could be a bit more parochial given the smaller numbers

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Absolutely, but I would think that there is a better chance that they could be a bit more parochial given the smaller numbers
          And that might even explain why they're smaller.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
            Um, seriously? Try opening your eyes once in a while.

What's one of the biggest stories currently in the US? NFL players kneeling. The conservative snowflakes are melting because someone knelt. That's right, they need their safe spaces to protect them from having to experience seeing someone kneeling because it hurts their itty bitty feelings too much and makes them outraged.

In another thread at the moment, you guys are throwing a hissy because David Hogg swears too much for your delicate ears to handle. US conservatives are nothing but a bunch of easily offended snowflakes.
            I've seen some people saying that his swearing dilutes his message, but "throwing a hissy" seems to be obvious hyperbole.
            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
              The Trump White House, fundamentalist churches and Fox News are all safe places for the discriminatory bigots of the Right.

Tass, you're becoming a personification of the loony left!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                I've seen some people saying that his swearing dilutes his message, but "throwing a hissy" seems to be obvious hyperbole.
                Why should I listen to an emotion-laden boor?
                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Tass, you're becoming a personification of the loony left!
                  I couldn't even begin to take his post seriously what with stretching and twisting the definition of safe space beyond any semblance of reality so that it can accommodate his personal bugaboos

Comment

I couldn't even begin to take his post seriously what with stretching and twisting the definition of safe space beyond any semblance of reality so that it can accommodate his personal bugaboos
                    Do you think the left (or maybe just Tassman) is really that clueless about what "safe spaces" are?

Comment

In another thread at the moment, you guys are throwing a hissy because David Hogg swears too much for your delicate ears to handle. US conservatives are nothing but a bunch of easily offended snowflakes.
                      you do know what thread you are in don't you?

Comment

Given your post comes in the context of me giving examples, I'm not sure I understand the question... "ignoring the examples you just gave, can you give me examples?"
                        the conservatives who used their wallets to show the players that disrespecting the flag, and the countries how's Ideal made it possible for them to protest what they thought was wrong was not the way to get their message across to bad they and their leftist buddies like you didn't realizes that their message was lost because they to attack the wrong thing.
                        Conservatives are quite zealous about trying to make the world their safe space.
                        hmm it wasn't the conservatives who needed rooms with playdoh and games to go to after their candidate lost the election in fact when Obama won we just moved on with our lives. It isn't the conservatives destroying property or shouting down those who's views they disagree with in order keep them out of the public square, we welcome the chance to engage with different points of view. And it is certainly is not the Conservatives on this board that run from threads using any flimsy excuse they can just so they do not have to rethink their view because they are to arrogant and close-minded to do so.
                        But a particularly common example of existing safe-spaces for them would be churches.
                        Others have given the only replies necessary for this ridicules non proof of yours. I will only add I do not go to church to be safe from the world or views I disagree with I wouldn't be here if that were so Starlight.

Various sub-forums on this site are also safe spaces for them.
                        Like the sub forum we have for Atheists for their in house discussions? Or are you talking about our student Union where we have fun threads not for serious discussion. this is another one of your ridicules non proofs
                        Last edited by RumTumTugger; 06-07-2018, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Do you think the left (or maybe just Tassman) is really that clueless about what "safe spaces" are?
                          I guess we could be charitable enough to accept that as the reason they are making these asinine statements, at least in Tass's case i'm not so sure about Starlight since he keeps pulling a brave sir robin when people overwhelm him with facts he can't twist or hand wave a way that show that his view has a few problems.
                          Last edited by RumTumTugger; 06-07-2018, 03:15 PM.

Comment

He's not targeting the old fogies like you who get triggered and run away whimpering if they hear a swear word.
                            I was sitting in a restaurant having breakfast with my wife and kids some years ago, and a group of 4 or 5 truckers was at the table behind us. They were telling stories, and their stories were laced with profanity. I did my best to ignore it, til one of them began dropping the F-bomb.

I very politely got up and walked over to their table (I just know my wife was thinking, "oh boy, here we go again"), and very calmly and quietly asked them to consider the fact that there's a woman and her children right behind them hearing everything they said.

One of them grumbled like I needed to mind my own business, but another of them quickly agreed they needed to tone it down, and profusely apologized.

I was neither triggered, nor ran away whimpering. I handled it like a gentleman, and they adjusted their conduct accordingly.

When we were standing at the cash register to pay, the guy who apologized walked up to me and said, "I wouldn't want my wife and kids hearing that either".

Comment

I was sitting in a restaurant having breakfast with my wife and kids some years ago, and a group of 4 or 5 truckers was at the table behind us. They were telling stories, and their stories were laced with profanity. I did my best to ignore it, til one of them began dropping the F-bomb.

I very politely got up and walked over to their table (I just know my wife was thinking, "oh boy, here we go again"), and very calmly and quietly asked them to consider the fact that there's a woman and her children right behind them hearing everything they said.

One of them grumbled like I needed to mind my own business, but another of them quickly agreed they needed to tone it down, and profusely apologized.

I was neither triggered, nor ran away whimpering. I handled it like a gentleman, and they adjusted their conduct accordingly.

When we were standing at the cash register to pay, the guy who apologized walked up to me and said, "I wouldn't want my wife and kids hearing that either".
                              so Starlight is once again proven wrong. To bad he had already pulled a brave sir robin when he found out he was on the losing end of the discussion again and didn't want ot admit he was wrong. Looks to me that Starlight needs to invest in a Monitor since that mirror he is using isn't doing him any good.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                                so Starlight is once again proven wrong. To bad he had already pulled a brave sir robin when he found out he was on the losing end of the discussion again and didn't want ot admit he was wrong. Looks to me that Starlight needs to invest in a Monitor since that mirror he is using isn't doing him any good.
                                That kind of jackass statement ("like you who get triggered and run away whimpering if they hear a swear word") from somebody hiding safely behind a screenname on the other side of the world is laughable. It reminds me of when Mickiel would threaten to come to Texas to whoop my !@#!%.

Comment