Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden for PREZ?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    I am also curious what JimL thinks the bible says about working vs eating.
    Unfortunately, and I hope he can change this, he often blows off steam with accusations or statements, but seldom comes back to support it with fact, or answer legitimate questions.

Like I say - I hope can change and actually "discuss" rather than battle.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Unfortunately, and I hope he can change this, he often blows off steam with accusations or statements, but seldom comes back to support it with fact, or answer legitimate questions.

I think it is his way of bluffing his way through his ignorance.

Comment

I think it is his way of bluffing his way through his ignorance.
        Let's try an experiment - let's try treating him with respect and simply asking him to back his arguments. He pretty much always stops responding when challenged to produce facts, cause I think he just enjoys the bickering.

It's like there's something not good going on in his life and he just feels the need to lash out.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'd support such a government! What country?
          No you wouldn't CP, you're a conservative, you don't believe in such a government, remember?

You do seem a bit angry, Jim. Something going on?
          Your subtle ways aren't fooling anyone CP, they're certainly not fooling me.

Comment

• Like I said, i'm aware of all the excuses you like to tell yourselves, Lilpix.
            Yes I know, with all your government work, and charitable work, all the good you do, it's amazing that you have any time at all to spend here arguing with liberals.

Comment

Please, enlighten us on what Jesus said about charity and governments.
              Why do you change my words Sparko, I didn't say I knew what Jesus said about government, what I said was that I know what jesus is said to have said about treating your fellow man and that as far as i'm concerned that should extend to the kind of government that those who agree with him should support. You don't!

Comment

I wanna answer, pick me, pick me!!!!

But, I'll wait....
                What are you waiting for?

Comment

I am also curious what JimL thinks the bible says about working vs eating.
                  I Know what it says Sparko, but it's irrelvant to my point, except to those who are searching for excuses.

Comment

That's a lie.

Comment

• Getting back to the OP...

Source: Biden Confronted at Book Signing About Groping Women

"What about the girls you molested on C-SPAN at the Senate swearing-in?"Source

© Copyright Original Source

00000000000000ars4a.jpg 00000000000000ars4b.jpg

00000000000000ars4c.jpg
                      I'd pay good money to know exactly what that cop was thinking

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                        Whereas in America the productivity gains have gone into the pockets of the rich, and not been paid to the workers as a result of the declining power of unions, and it makes a big difference:
                        The problem with that chart I immediately notice is that it's comparing the median household income. That's not a good figure to compare because of a simple fact: Households have gotten smaller over time. Fewer average people in a household means fewer average people working means lower average income. As a result, the stability we see in the graph actually shows an overall increase in income!

Nobody likes strikes, or thinks that all unions are run efficiently or anything of the sort. But at the end of the day it is better to have unions than not because workers throughout the country get paid more and can negotiate for better working conditions, it's that simple.
                        What I'm saying is that it's situational. In some cases, unions are great. In other cases, unions are at best useless and at worst actually harming workers. I do think that overall, unions are not as useful as they were in the past, however.

Generally speaking unions for skilled workers are good, whereas unions for unskilled workers aren't, at least in my experience.
                        Last edited by Terraceth; 06-13-2018, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          Like I said, i'm aware of all the excuses you like to tell yourselves, Lilpix.
                          And yet you still have no answer for any of it.

Yes I know, with all your government work, and charitable work, all the good you do, it's amazing that you have any time at all to spend here arguing with liberals.
                          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Let's try an experiment - let's try treating him with respect and simply asking him to back his arguments. He pretty much always stops responding when challenged to produce facts, cause I think he just enjoys the bickering.

It's like there's something not good going on in his life and he just feels the need to lash out.
                            Let's try another experiment - try backing up your own arguments with a little bit of thought instead of the horrible mind reading act and the oh so subtle personal attacks that have nothing to do with the discussion.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Getting back to the OP...

Source: Biden Confronted at Book Signing About Groping Women

"What about the girls you molested on C-SPAN at the Senate swearing-in?"Source

© Copyright Original Source

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28266[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]28267[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28268[/ATTACH]
                              I'd pay good money to know exactly what that cop was thinking
                              I you really this stupid or are you just trolling?

Comment

• Then the answer is to point out what is wrong with the chart rather than denigrate all charts.

I don't know, I'm an extremely visual learner.
                                Last edited by KingsGambit; 06-13-2018, 07:03 PM.
                                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment