Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden for PREZ?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    I don't know where you get that from CP, it may be an angry rant, republicanism as we know it today certainly does anger me, but they are my thoughts not some echo chamber talking points.
    Fair enough, and I'll try to remember that. But you need to look at it from the other side. This constant "you republicans" and "trumpsters" stuff - you're doing the very thing you hate others doing to you. I'm not even a republican - haven't been one for nearly 20 years. I think BOTH parties have lost their way and are far more interested in keeping themselves in power than they are doing what's best for the country.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
      Driving on government-funded roads and bridges?
      I pay taxes for that, and don't object to those things being done. I also don't object in government assistance for people who really need it, WHILE they need it.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
        I disagree with the "far left" part. The whole "if you disagree with my solution to problem X, you don't care about X" thing is extremely common from the left, and around here.

Boring, we've heard it before.
        Like I said, you can make all the excuses you want, and I know you will, if it makes you feel better. The above is just another one of them. You're just like the representatives you put in office, pretend to have better solutions to problems, then never come through with them.

Comment

I disagree with the "far left" part. The whole "if you disagree with my solution to problem X, you don't care about X" thing is extremely common from the left, and around here.

Boring, we've heard it before.
          Good point.

Comment

Like I said, you can make all the excuses you want, and I know you will, if it makes you feel better. The above is just another one of them. You're just like the representatives you put in office, pretend to have better solutions to problems, then never come through with them.
            How do you know what Zym does in his personal life, Jim? That's really unfair to make such an accusation.

Comment

The representatives I put in office? Tell me Jim, who did I vote for last?
              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I don't know where you get that from CP, it may be an angry rant, republicanism as we know it today certainly does anger me, but they are my thoughts not some echo chamber talking points.
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                  Interesting because I have donated time and money to food banks, homeless shelters, pregnancy centers, or shelters that protect women from abusive relationships. Beyond pretending that your political opponents are all Scrooge and laugh with glee at the suffering of others, while you expect to government to do it all for you, what do you do personally?
                  Yes we have all been told by you a zillion times what an unbelievably good person you are in every way, Lilpix. What I expect is a people who are concerned enough for the welfare of others to support a government that is like minded. If you don't then you can shout about how good a person you are, and what good works you do, until the cows come home. I don't believe you anyway.

Comment

• The beliefs of real people are complicated and multi-faceted. Caricatures are so much easier to hate.
                    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

The beliefs of real people are complicated and multi-faceted. Caricatures are so much easier to hate.
                      This was a valuable lesson for me when I was 'assigned' my Jewish lesbian atheist executive assistant years ago. I treated her with decency and respect out of "professionalism", but actually got to know her, and we became very good friends.

Comment

Yes we have all been told by you a zillion times what an unbelievably good person you are in every way, Lilpix. What I expect is a people who are concerned enough for the welfare of others to support a government that is like minded.
                        I'd support such a government! What country?

If you don't then you can shout about how good a person you are, and what good works you do, until the cows come home. I don't believe you anyway.
                        You do seem a bit angry, Jim. Something going on?

Comment

Yes we have all been told by you a zillion times what an unbelievably good person you are in every way, Lilpix. What I expect is a people who are concerned enough for the welfare of others to support a government that is like minded. If you don't then you can shout about how good a person you are, and what good works you do, until the cows come home. I don't believe you anyway.
                          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

You must be under the impression that the bible was written during times of democratic governance. I know what the Jesus of the bible says about treating your fellow man and as far as I'm concerned that extends to the kind of government we in a democratic society vote for. So you can pretend to yourselves that you follow christian principles, you can make all the excuses you want, but you know what Jesus was said to have said as well to people like you who look the other way, and that is that he would spit you from his mouth and say to you "I never knew you."
                            Please, enlighten us on what Jesus said about charity and governments.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              Please, enlighten us on what Jesus said about charity and governments.
                              I wanna answer, pick me, pick me!!!!

But, I'll wait....

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                I wanna answer, pick me, pick me!!!!

But, I'll wait....
                                I am also curious what JimL thinks the bible says about working vs eating.

Comment