Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

NFL�s Proposed National Anthem Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    roguetech banking and financing will do it for a mere 15% and a small $10 handling fee.
    Always trying to copy my success.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      Private prayer != corporate prayer.
      exactly. I was talking about a group prayer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        exactly. I was talking about a group prayer.
        Then why didn't you say so in the first place?

I would expect group prayer to be relegated to the break room anyway.
        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• I can think of possible examples of messages on currency Christians would disapprove of. I found one old Soviet banknote that said 'workers of the world, unite". Then there was that denarius Jesus asked for with Caesar's picture (but did not forbid spending).
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Then why didn't you say so in the first place?

I would expect group prayer to be relegated to the break room anyway.
            I was just giving an example of a group activity that was religious in nature but where the company was discriminating one religion over another. Are you turning into Roy or Carpe?

Comment

• There does seem to be a market out there for offended given the number of products being sold to "remedy" this. A few here:

00000000000000ars5g.jpg 00000000000000ars5g1.jpg 00000000000000ars5g2.jpg

Even for coins

00000000000000ars5g3.jpg 00000000000000arr.jpg

Then again this is the interwebz...

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

There does seem to be a market out there for offended given the number of products being sold to "remedy" this. A few here:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28009[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]28010[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]28011[/ATTACH]

Even for coins

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28012[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]28013[/ATTACH]

Great now Carp has a solution.

You just ruined my new business.
                Last edited by Sparko; 05-30-2018, 01:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  answer
                  That's what I said!

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Why would somebody bother to put a saying on a banknote that somebody they do not believe exists does not exist.

"The Easter Bunny does not exist" or "The Easter Bunny (or spaghetti monster) cannot be trusted"....
                  Why would anyone put a saying on a bank note that has anything to do with god at all?

We did manage almost 200 years without it...and then along came McCarthyism...
                  The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• In your opinion...
                    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                      Let's all compromise and put "In Cthulhu we trust" on our money.

Sounds fair...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        Sucks when people don't answer your questions directly, huh?
                        And still he avoids the question...

P.S. Actually - it doesn't suck. Answer if you wish. I'm fairly sure I know the answer already. What I find silly is when I actually DO answer the question, and then get told I haven't. That just seems pointless.

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post

Sounds fair...
                          cthulhu for pres.jpg
                          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Perhaps because that would be sort of dumb. Countries typically promote their own on their currency, not disparage others.

That would be because it IS. The first attempt at an atheist society was all of a century ago, and it's since collapsed.
                            It is to a theist. It is not to an atheist. It is imposition of religion by a government, which the constitution strictly prohibits. As noted before, if the money is silent about gods, everyone can use it without contradiction. Adding the slogan makes the currency divisive.

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            This seems sort of ...snowflake-ish. It's like you feel the need to be protected from the very idea of God.
                            If anyone thinks "snowflake" is a term that bothers me, they are mistaken. I realize it's the new mantra of the right, but it's just that - more somewhat childish name-calling. I do not need to be "protected" from the idea of god. I am not going out of my way to foster a change because I know it is not going to happen so long as the country is predominantly religious. It will change when that changes - which is slowly happening - but probably not in my lifetime. Meanwhile, I simply note the situation, and then adjust my actions to align with my beliefs.

Not a snowflake in sight...

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                              I can think of possible examples of messages on currency Christians would disapprove of. I found one old Soviet banknote that said 'workers of the world, unite". Then there was that denarius Jesus asked for with Caesar's picture (but did not forbid spending).
                              Why is "workers of the world, unite" a message Christians would disapprove of?

Comment

There does seem to be a market out there for offended given the number of products being sold to "remedy" this. A few here:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28009[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]28010[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]28011[/ATTACH]

Even for coins

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28012[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]28013[/ATTACH]

I had no idea these existed. What a marvelous idea. But I'm a bit too lazy to spend the time on what is essentially a trivial issue (despite the time spent here).

Comment