Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump and racism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
    Wat? You think I think Trump's a moron? When did I say that?
    facepalm3.gif

See post #42.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]27783[/ATTACH]

See post #42.
      Wait. I'm confused. Are you saying the producers wouldn't have cut racist comments from a show meant to bring in advertisement for network television?
      "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
      Hear my cry, hear my shout,
      Save me, save me"

Comment

Wait. I'm confused. Are you saying the producers wouldn't have cut racist comments from a show meant to bring in advertisement for network television?
        If they did then where are all the former contestants and folks on the other side of the camera (including those Hollywood producers) claiming he was racist? Where are the deleted clips (not like the network or Hollywood is exactly pro-Trump)? Why AFAICT have we heard the exact opposite from the contestants?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

If they did then where are all the former contestants and folks on the other side of the camera (including those Hollywood producers) claiming he was racist? Where are the deleted clips (not like the network or Hollywood is exactly pro-Trump)? Why AFAICT have we heard the exact opposite from the contestants?
          It's a really short google search to find allegations.

As far as that goes, since what I was commenting on the precision of the reasoning. Lack of a recording doesn't mean someone isn't racist. Lack of public allegations wouldn't mean someone isn't racist. As far as that goes, it doesn't mean that person IS racist either.

My opinion on racism is that I think most people are pretty racist, including Donald Trump.
          My opinion on Donald Trump's handlers are that if he is required by contract to deliver a show appropriate for network prime time, then he/they is/are going to deliver a show appropriate for network prime time.

fwiw,
          guacamole
          Save me, save me"

Comment

It's a really short google search to find allegations.
            Yeah Tom Arnold claimed in 2016 that he has racist out takes but in the past two years seems to have forgotten to provide them

Meanwhile a number of former contestants including a few from when Arnold was on the show have characterized such claims as ridiculous.

My opinion on Donald Trump's handlers...
            At which point you go careening wildly off the rails.

Comment

Yeah Tom Arnold claimed in 2016 that he has racist out takes but in the past two years seems to have forgotten to provide them

Meanwhile a number of former contestants including a few from when Arnold was on the show have characterized such claims as ridiculous.
              It's not just Tom Arnold.

At which point you go careening wildly off the rails.
              You're confusing the persona Trump projects with the reality of television contracts.
              Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                I watched the Apprentice and never saw Trump be racist. He was rough with people, but with everyone. One of his favorite people was a black woman named Omarosa. Everyone else hated her. She was a total villian, but for some reason she got along with Trump and they became friends after the show (he fired her on the show though, pretty brutally if I recall, three times) - she was one of his biggest supporters during his campaign and went on to work for him in the White House. Although they later fired her again and now she says she wouldn't vote for Trump in a million years. But no accusations of racism.
                "On camera" does not mean "on air." As I understand it, there are thousands of hours of footage that was shot that was never used in the aired program, and there are multiple claims that a great deal of this footage captures some outrageous things. But Trump controls the footage, and it is not being released.
                The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

That's the point, Rogue. Those claims DO exist, and the tapes are under Trump's control. He is still the executive producer. That is why they are not being released. As for why they have not been leaked, one could ask the same about his tax records. I would have expected a leak by now. We got two pages of an old tax return. Go figure...
                  The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

If we're going to appeal to argument from silence, you could just as well conclude that they haven't been leaked because there's nothing worth leaking.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      If we're going to appeal to argument from silence, you could just as well conclude that they haven't been leaked because there's nothing worth leaking.
                      I think I've been clear that no one of the points I brought up is "definitive" of itself. But collectively, it paints a picture. I know that, if I was being accused of being racist on camera, and I had control of all of the video and knew it showed I was never being anything of the kind, I would get it out to the public quickly. I would only hide it if it would actually prove my accusers correct. I can think of no other reason for withholding it in the face of "racist" accusations by so many.
                      Last edited by carpedm9587; 05-11-2018, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        If one were at all interested in doing so, yes.
                        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                          I think I've been clear that no one of the points I brought up is "definitive" of itself. But collectively, it paints a picture. I know that, if I was being accused of being racist on camera, and I had control of all of the video and knew it showed I was never anything of the kind, I would get it out to the public quickly. I would only hide it if it would actually prove my accusers correct. I can think of no other reason for withholding it in the face of "racist" accusations by so many.
                          When faced with people on a witch hunt who are more than willing to take things out of context and paint things in the worst possible light in order to support their narrative, the best policy is to give them as little to work with as possible. I refer back to my initial post in the thread.
                          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            When faced with people on a witch hunt who are more than willing to take things out of context and paint things in the worst possible light in order to support their narrative, the best policy is to give them as little to work with as possible. I refer back to my initial post in the thread.
                            I'm not big on the "witch hunt" narrative.

Comment

Given what it takes to be called a racist nowadays, I can understand not wanting to give people anything to work with, even if one is confident that they're innocent.
                              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                                Given what it takes to be called a racist nowadays, I can understand not wanting to give people anything to work with, even if one is confident that they're innocent.
                                That doesn't cut it for me. I think there is more than adequate evidence to suggest Trump has a problem. Indeed, IMO, you have to turn a pretty serious blind eye to hold the position that he doesn't have a problem.

Comment