Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

FBI raids Trump lawyer Michael Cohen's office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    I don't watch news of any stripe; it is mostly a massive waste of time. I can take in information much more quickly by reading.
    So, it was in all the newspapers as well. I mean really, if you were alive you'd have to have been in a coma not to have been aware of that event.

Comment

Whatever happened to the possibility of changing one's mind based on further evidence, Jim? Trump changes his mind on stuff all the time. IMO he mostly needs to shut up and think things through better. He has no filter, Jim. Your whole conspiracy theory collapses because of that.
      So, you don't defend Trump at every turn, eh?

Comment

• Source: The DOJ and FBI �Small Group� Motive Behind The Raid on Michael Cohen�

Those co-dependent voices seem to overlook, or forget, a stunning rebuke of ALL DOJ attorneys in the DAPA case as outlined in a judicial ruling by Federal Judge Andrew Hanen:
        https://theconservativetreehouse.com...michael-cohen/

© Copyright Original Source

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          So, you don't defend Trump at every turn, eh?
          Saying that someone mostly needs to shut up and think things through better is hardly defending them, Jim. Fail better.
          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
            Well, the big problem with Bill Clinton wasn't the infidelity but the fact he committed perjury over it, which is kind of a big deal being that it's a felony.

The really puzzling thing is why he felt the need to commit perjury over it. If he had just admitted it when it came out, he would've gotten some flak but pretty soon it would be forgotten rather than dragging on for as long as it did and resulting in attempted impeachment.
            One aspect of the Clinton's I never admired - their tendency to circle wagons and obfuscate at the first sign of a problem. Ultimately, honesty IS the best policy, and I never felt the Clinton's were a forthright couple who just laid it on the line. Ultimately, it proved to be a pretty bad character flaw.
            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

So, it was in all the newspapers as well. I mean really, if you were alive you'd have to have been in a coma not to have been aware of that event.
              So it should be really easy for you to find proof, right? Get hopping grasshopper. There's so much breathless negative reporting about Trump going on all the time that it sort of blurs into white noise.

Even if we take it as a fact that Trump met with Russian news media while excluding American news media, it would be just like him to tweak the noses of the press like that. It's juvenile, but hardly indicative of collusion.
              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

So it should be really easy for you to find proof, right? Get hopping grasshopper. There's so much breathless negative reporting about Trump going on all the time that it sort of blurs into white noise.
                Nope. I leave that to you to do, since I'm sure you're feigning ignorance. Nobody, particularly someone who debates the subject all the time, can be that ignorant.
                Even if we take it as a fact that Trump met with Russian news media while excluding American news media, it would be just like him to tweak the noses of the press like that. It's juvenile, but hardly indicative of collusion.
                Are you still contending that you don't defend Trump at every turn?

Comment

Nope. I leave that to you to do, since I'm sure you're feigning ignorance. Nobody, particularly someone who debates the subject all the time, can be that ignorant.
                  I didn't figure you'd provide anything. If I knew, I wouldn't bother to ask. You provided the assertion - YOU back it up. All you're doing is ratcheting up the rhetoric, which is the lazy way out.
                  Are you still contending that you don't defend Trump at every turn?
                  Shooting down a conspiracy theory is hardly defending the man. Describing an act as 'juvenile' does not even rise to faint praise, Jim.
                  sigpic

Comment

• And now the real reason for the raid is becoming clear: to give the corrupt FBI/DOJ ammunition to leak to the press to damage their political enemies.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...n-office-raid/

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      And now the real reason for the raid is becoming clear: to give the corrupt FBI/DOJ ammunition to leak to the press to damage their political enemies.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...n-office-raid/
                      I see no place in this report where the claim that this information was obtained from the raid is made, nor do I find that information in any of the reports about it that I have found online, including the WSJ report. The real danger here, is the continued undermining of our law enforcement agencies for political purposes. The "law and order party" has apparently tossed our law enforcement personnel under the bus in the name of political expediency, and because they have the audacity to be investigating members of the Republican party.

I can understand partisan politics. This behavior, however, is reprehensible. It is more guesswork and idle speculation, from people claiming to NOT be doing exactly that. The Republican Party, or at least its more extreme membership, truly needs to do some soul searching, IMO.
                      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                        I see no place in this report where the claim that this information was obtained from the raid is made, nor do I find that information in any of the reports about it that I have found online, including the WSJ report. The real danger here, is the continued undermining of our law enforcement agencies for political purposes. The "law and order party" has apparently tossed our law enforcement personnel under the bus in the name of political expediency, and because they have the audacity to be investigating members of the Republican party.

I can understand partisan politics. This behavior, however, is reprehensible. It is more guesswork and idle speculation, from people claiming to NOT be doing exactly that. The Republican Party, or at least its more extreme membership, truly needs to do some soul searching, IMO.
                        I'm sure it's a coincidence. No, really.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          I'm sure it's a coincidence. No, really.
                          Speculation, MM, eye rolls not withstanding...

After all - it certainly is not vaguely possible that the recent attention on Cohen has investigative reporters digging for anything they can publish that will get them eyes. So let's just jump to the conclusion that our law enforcement people are corrupt.

And then tell me again how you "support our law enforcement."
                          Last edited by carpedm9587; 04-13-2018, 04:49 PM.

Comment

After all - it certainly is not vaguely possible that the recent attention on Cohen has investigative reporters digging for anything they can publish that will get them eyes. So let's just jump to the conclusion that our law enforcement people are corrupt.

Let's be more precise with what MM is talking about here. His accusations are against mid-high level federal government officials who work in the area of law enforcement. I suspect that his support is primarily for local law enforcement, which tends to be rather less politicized.
                            sigpic

Comment

Let's be more precise with what MM is talking about here. His accusations are against mid-high level federal government officials who work in the area of law enforcement. I suspect that his support is primarily for local law enforcement, which tends to be rather less politicized.
                              I don't see how that makes anything better...

Comment

It's not much of a leap when we have ample evidence of corruption in the DOJ/FBI, and then this story is leaked a few days after the raid on Cohen? It's really not hard to connect the dots.

Heck, in another thread, you were arguing that evidence that Trump didn't say something counted as evidence that he could have said it, but here you suddenly ratchet up your standards. How convenient, especially when the evidence here is direct and damning.

Comment