Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Planned Parenthood Perverting Our Kids!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
    ...can't even work out why about half of homosexuals can't use condoms...
    I have to admit to being a bit perplexed by this one. Why is this...?
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• I guess for the same reason women can't use them....

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
        I am familiar with this tactic, Seer. White supremacists scream of "being discriminated against" because someone objects to their racist views. It's an interesting tactic. It doesn't change the reality. And no, "people like you" do not need to be corralled into re-education camps. You'll eventually die of your own accord, and the next generation is growing up largely without these prejudices. Undoubtedly, some of your views will convince some of them, so we have decades more of this type of attitude - but it's on the wane.
        What is on the wane? Did you forgot that Islam is on the rise worldwide? That by demographics alone western Europe may be lost in 50-70 years? You have no reason to be optimistic Carp. Never mind the fact that you are once again arguing for positions that most likely you would not have held sixty years ago or if you were born in any number of different countries. And Carp, it is not a tactic - if you are intolerant of the intolerant that still makes you intolerant. You just happen to believe that your opinion is correct, just as I believe that my opinion is correct. And I'm not even hoping that leftists like you die off, but you are hoping that people like me die off. Who really is the bigot here?
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
          One has to be educated before one can be re-educated. Seer can't even work out why about half of homosexuals can't use condoms...

Hey idiot, I was speaking about gay men:Of course if context is the only thing that defines the morality then the Christian is on solid ground when he claims that sex between men is immoral.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

I have to admit to being a bit perplexed by this one. Why is this...?
            I guess STDs are high among lesibans?

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
              What is on the wane?
              Because of the social changes we are seeing in this an many other countries.

Originally posted by seer View Post
              Did you forgot that Islam is on the rise worldwide?
              Yes it is but, like Christianity, there is more and more of an acceptance growing in this religion as well. As with Christianity, it is only the more right-wing, "fundamentalist" branches that have not made this transition.

That by demographics alone western Europe may be lost in 50-70 years?
              I'm reasonably sure Europe will be right where it is now in 50-70 years.

You have no reason to be optimistic Carp.
              Sure I do!

Never mind the fact that you are once again arguing for positions that most likely you would not have held sixty years ago or if you were born in any number of different countries.
              Perhaps. Irrelevant.

And Carp, it is not a tactic - if you are intolerant of the intolerant that still makes you intolerant.
              Yes - I am intolerant of bigotry, racism, prejudice, and harm done to innocents. Guilty as charged!

You just happen to believe that your opinion is correct, just as I believe that my opinion is correct. And I'm not even hoping that leftists like you die off, but you are hoping that people like me die off. Who really is the bigot here?
              I do think you discriminate, and I think you have unwarranted prejudices. My intolerance is for a worldview that does harm - a position you choose to old. Yours is for a specific kind of people. So, ultimately, with respect to the LGBTQ community, I do believe you are a bigot. You, on the other hand, do not HAVE to have those views. You choose to. So long as you do, you will be a bigot in my book. I'm sure that does not mean much to you, but there it is.
              The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

I guess STDs are high among lesibans?

I can't believe I missed that one - and right after an earlier comment about how many people assume "homosexual" means "men." The "condom" threw me.

Comment

Because of the social changes we are seeing in this an many other countries.
                  Not really, the fact is you may have seen the high mark of such acceptance.

Yes it is but, like Christianity, there is more and more of an acceptance growing in this religion as well. As with Christianity, it is only the more right-wing, "fundamentalist" branches that have not made this transition.
                  Nonsense Carp, we have been through this before.

Homosexuality
                  Muslims overwhelmingly say that homosexual behavior is morally wrong, including three-quarters or more in 33 of the 36 countries where the question was asked:
                  http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/t...iety-morality/
                  I'm reasonably sure Europe will be right where it is now in 50-70 years.
                  And If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...continent.html

Perhaps. Irrelevant.
                  Sure it is, when all ethical views are relative one wonders why someone would fight so hard for principles that are no more than smoke...

Yes - I am intolerant of bigotry, racism, prejudice, and harm done to innocents. Guilty as charged!
                  That makes you a hypocrite.

Actually, I did not call you a bigot. I do think you discriminate, and I think you have unwarranted prejudices. My intolerance is for a worldview that does harm. Yours is for a specific kind of people. So, ultimately, with respect to the LGBTQ community, I do believe you are a bigot. You, on the other hand, do not HAVE to have those views. You choose to.
                  Carp, it is not merely a specific people, but a worldview I'm taking exception to. And you do not have to have your religious bigoted views - you choose to!
                  Last edited by seer; 04-11-2018, 12:20 PM.

Comment

I can't believe I missed that one - and right after an earlier comment about how many people assume "homosexual" means "men." The "condom" threw me.
                    I was specifically speaking of men earlier - which you noticed.

Comment

I was specifically speaking of men earlier - which you noticed.
                      The question is why were you specifically speaking of men?

Comment

• He probably finds it more icky.

Comment

Not really, the fact is you may have seen the high mark of such acceptance.
                          Check with me in 10 years...

Nonsense Carp, we have been through this before.
                          Yes, we have, and your assumptions and denials were as weak then.

And If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...continent.html
                          I think you might have missed the humor. That being said, I am not concerned.

Sure it is, when all ethical views are relative one wonders why someone would fight so hard for principles that are no more than smoke...
                          Here we go - eventually we had to get to "you're just a relative/subjective moralist..."

That makes you a hypocrite.
                          No. It just means I am intolerant of the things I listed. The things I listed were views - not people. But if you think of me as a hypocrite, so be it. I think I can probably get by.

Carp, it is not merely a specific people, but a worldview I'm taking exception to.
                          People used to defend their racism, and their support for slavery, on the basis of religion, the bible, and a "worldview" as well. It didn't make it any less racist. Your bigoted views about the LGBTQ community have been noted, called out, and every attempt on your part to justify them is simply not going to do so. They remain bigoted, prejudicial, and simply unkind.

And you do not have to have your religious bigoted views - you choose to!
                          Since I am not bigoted against a religion, your observation has no merit.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            The question is why were you specifically speaking of men?
                            Because I don't think STDs are that wide spread among lesbians, at least I don't remember reading that.

Comment

• Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
                              He probably finds it more icky.
                              That may be right, though I think both are immoral.

Comment

Here we go - eventually we had to get to "you're just a relative/subjective moralist..."
                                Sorry, but I still just find it strange that people can argue so emphatically for relative positions that they know in their hearts are largely the result of the timing and place of birth.

No. It just means I am intolerant of the things I listed. The things I listed were views - not people. But if you think of me as a hypocrite, so be it. I think I can probably get by.
                                No, I don't think you are hypocrite, you are by definition. You are intolerant of religious views that don't agree with you.

People used to defend their racism, and their support for slavery, on the basis of religion, the bible, and a "worldview" as well. It didn't make it any less racist. Your bigoted views about the LGBTQ community have been noted, called out, and every attempt on your part to justify them is simply not going to do so. They remain bigoted, prejudicial, and simply unkind.
                                And I called you out on your bigoted views concerning religion, and every attempt on your part to justify them is simply not going to do so.

Since I am not bigoted against a religion, your observation has no merit.
                                Of course you are since everything I said is reflected in Scripture in one form or another.

Comment