Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

National School Walkout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seer View Post
    Really show me some papers in the US talking about knife violence.
    Here's one. You could have found this as easily as I did.
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

And a majority who are willing to take away God given rights are not tyrannical? Whether a King or a majority - it is still tyrannical.
      God given rights? I don't recall seeing the second amendment anywhere in the Bible.
      See your side are the aggressors. You are coming for our guns and our rights, even though we are law abiding and not harming anyone.
      17 coffins indicate otherwise.
      Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
        Here's one. You could have found this as easily as I did.
        Oh stop, you look ridiculous. You know very well that papers don't talk about knife violence when speaking of someone killed with a knife, any more than they talk about bat violence when someone is killed by baseball bat. It is not the knife or the bat or the gun that does violence, these are inanimate objects. It is people who do violence.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

God given rights? I don't recall seeing the second amendment anywhere in the Bible.
          It ties back to the Declaration as you know. That lays out the source of our rights, the Constitution defines those rights.

17 coffins indicate otherwise.
          What does the action of a crazy kid have to do with my right to bear arms? If someone purposely runs down a dozen people (like in New York recently) should I lose my right to drive?
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Oh stop, you look ridiculous. You know very well that papers don't talk about knife violence when speaking of someone killed with a knife, ...
            knife violence a stabbing death.
            That's one example of a paper talking about knife violence when speaking of people being killed with knives.
            Three men stabbed to death in 48 hours of knife violence in London
            That's another.

Papers clearly do write about knife violence when speaking of people killed with knives. You are demonstrably wrong.

Comment

It ties back to the Declaration as you know. That lays out the source of our rights, the Constitution defines those rights.
              So the right to bear arms is not God-given, but given by men who defer to a god.
              What does the action of a crazy kid have to do with my right to bear arms?
              Your (and his) right to bear arms allowed him to obtain the weapon he used.

Comment

Well there is the difference, this is my Country, and I think it, and our rights, are worth fighting for. Not that at my age, I could do much fighting at all.
                No one is questioning your right to fight. I AM questioning the ethics and patriotism of your stated method for fighting.

Originally posted by seer View Post
                And a majority who are willing to take away God given rights are not tyrannical? Whether a King or a majority - it is still tyrannical.
                When you elect, on your own authority, to decide that you have the right to physically attack the majority of your fellow citizens because they have the audacity to disagree with you, IMO, you display your complete LACK of patriotism. You do not respect the rule of law, or the mechanisms provided by the Founding Fathers for changing the course of the country. If you were to take this course, it would make you not much different than the long line of criminals and outlaws who have decided they can do "anything they want" because they want to.

Originally posted by seer View Post
                See your side are the aggressors. You are coming for our guns and our rights, even though we are law abiding and not harming anyone. Make no mistake - you are the initiators, not us.
                As you wish, Seer. I agree, I am now going to become an aggressor. You have successfully convinced me that a significant portion of the gun-rights crowd is a ticking time bomb that needs to be defused. I didn't think that until you helped me realize that a significant portion of this segment is ready to use the guns they have accumulated against their fellow citizens if they do not get their way. I was burying my head in the sand about that - and you put it right out there and helped me to see the danger. You, and those like you, deserve to be disarmed. Those who advocate legal and appropriate use of guns do not.

I thought Adrift was too far to the left. Now I am realizing I was too far to the right.
                Last edited by carpedm9587; 03-26-2018, 08:15 AM.
                The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

So the right to bear arms is not God-given, but given by men who defer to a god.
                  I have no idea what that means, yes our Founders believed it was a God given right.

Your (and his) right to bear arms allowed him to obtain the weapon he used.
                  So what is your point? I should lose a right because someone else abuses it? Is that what you are advocating?

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                    No one is questioning your right to fight. I AM questioning the ethics and patriotism of your stated method for fighting.
                    Is there anything you would actually take up arms for Carp?

When you elect, on your own authority, to decide that you have the right to physically attack the majority of your fellow citizens because they have the audacity to disagree with you, IMO, you display your complete LACK of patriotism. You do not respect the rule of law, or the mechanisms provided by the Founding Fathers for changing the course of the country. If you were to take this course, it would make you not much different than the long line of criminals and outlaws who have decided they can do "anything they want" because they want to.
                    Carp, I'm speaking of the loss of a fundamental right, if we turned around and once again prevented a particular minority from voting would you respect that rule of law?

As you wish, Seer. I agree, I am now going to become an aggressor. You have successfully convinced me that a significant portion of the gun-rights crowd is a ticking time bomb that needs to be defused. I didn't think that until you helped me realize that a significant portion of this segment is ready to use the guns they have accumulated against their fellow citizens if they do not get their way. I was burying my head in the sand about that - and you put it right out there and helped me to see the danger. You, and those like you, deserve to be disarmed. Those who advocate legal and appropriate use of guns do not.
                    Correct you are the aggressor, I have harm no one. I'm not attempting to take anyone's right away.

Comment

I have no idea what that means, yes our Founders believed it was a God given right.
                      I doubt that the founding fathers believed their right to bear arms was "God-given", and you have provided no support for that claim.
                      So what is your point?
                      That despite your claim to the contrary, some people who exercise their right to bear arms are not law-abiding, and do harm others.

Your arguments in this thread are based on falsehoods.

Comment

knife violence a stabbing death.
                        That's one example of a paper talking about knife violence when speaking of people being killed with knives.
                        Three men stabbed to death in 48 hours of knife violence in London
                        That's another.

Papers clearly do write about knife violence when speaking of people killed with knives. You are demonstrably wrong.
                        No they don't, you found one in London and one in the US. And where is the baseball bat violence?

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          In the part you snipped off from my post MTV made it clear that it wasn't "their" bus but rather that they partnered with the NAACP and several celebutards to provide them. And looking at the ages, it's pretty obvious some of the ones you call students are anything but. And since it was 17 buses I'll bet the list you provided was anything but complete.

Then you have another group of Hollyweird's elite kicking in $500,000 each.

And the offhand remark by "Lisa" that MSNBC helped her and her friends (yeah, I know. Assuming gender) get to the rally.

And these are just the ones I happened across (I haven't been looking for reports of outside support and sponsoring).

Just imagine how the MSM would report all this if it were for a pro-Trump rally or Tea Party protest.
                          Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                          Seventeen names.
                          Alyssa Alhadeff, 14
                          Scott Beigel, 35
                          Martin Duque, 14
                          Nicholas Dworet, 17
                          Aaron Feis, 37
                          Jaime Guttenberg, 14
                          Chris Hixon, 49
                          Luke Hoyer, 15
                          Cara Loughran, 14
                          Gina Montalto, 14
                          Joaquin Oliver, 17
                          Alaina Petty, 14
                          Meadow Pollack, 18
                          Helena Ramsay, 17
                          Alex Schachter, 14
                          Carmen Schentrup, 16
                          Peter Wang, 15

... would never.

These were their buses.
                          I'm not sure what you're saying here.

That they were the only ones on the 17 buses that MTV, the NAACP and an assortment of celebutards paid for.

That they, including the two thirty somethings and the 49 year old, are students.

Or that they are far superior to us mere mortals and are incapable of being used by others who have taken over the movement/protest.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I doubt that the founding fathers believed their right to bear arms was "God-given", and you have provided no support for that claim.
                            If the Second Amendment is not a God given right which Amendment is? Can you name one? The freedom of Worship, or not? The freedom of speech? Which one Roy? Are you really claiming that there are no unalienable Rights in the Constitution?

That despite your claim to the contrary, some people who exercise their right to bear arms are not law-abiding, and do harm others.
                            I will ask you again Roy, I should lose a right because someone else abuses it? Is that what you are advocating?
                            Last edited by seer; 03-26-2018, 08:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Only about 200,000 people showed up despite the left's best efforts to fly and bus people in. This of course has not stopped organizers from claiming a number 4x higher then that, which I'm not sure can be characterized as anything but a bald-face lie.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...xpected-crowd/
                              I don't think I'm aware of any protest group, whether from the right or left, who hasn't claimed higher numbers than what official counts estimate.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

No they don't, you found one in London and one in the US.
                                I found more; I only quoted two.

How many examples would convince you? I suspect that no matter how many were provided you wouldn't change your views.

Not that it matters. I'm not interested in convincing you - I doubt that is possible - only in showing that your claims are false.

Comment