Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump is coming for your guns.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    There needs to be a discussion - you're unhappy because Trump is trying to make that happen?
    As they say, liberals would find something to criticize even if Trump personally rescued orphans from a burning building. They would probably accuse him of starting the fire himself just so he could pretend to be a hero.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      As they say, liberals would find something to criticize even if Trump personally rescued orphans from a burning building.
      Yeah, 2 out of 5 of those babies were white! RACIST!!!!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Tell that to the terrorists in the middle east. They use bombs all the time. IEDs to blow up trucks, suicide vests, blowing up buildings, buses, crowds.

You can download the Anarchist Cookbook from the internet and build a bomb using common materials in your garage and chemicals in your house easily.

You've probably watched too many tv shows and movies with bombs. Nobody makes complicated time bombs like that. Bombs are usually pretty simple with a simple trigger device, either a mechanical switch (which would be hooked to a timer or a wire) or maybe a radio or cell phone.
        Last edited by Sparko; 03-02-2018, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Tell that to the terrorists in the middle east. They use bombs all the time. IEDs to blow up trucks, suicide vests, blowing up buildings, buses, crowds.

You can download the Anarchist Cookbook from the internet and build a bomb using common materials in your garage and chemicals in your house easily.
          My wife has TWO... um..... p r e s h e r c o o k e r s * :gasp: (and I know how to use them)

*not wanting to end up on another watch list
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You've probably watched too many tv shows and movies with bombs. Nobody makes complicated time bombs like that. Bombs are usually pretty simple with a simple trigger device, either a mechanical switch (which would be hooked to a timer or a wire) or maybe a radio or cell phone.
            Or even a toy RC car.

Comment

Or even a toy RC car.
              I love how on the movies they always have fail-safes and they never know what wire to cut.

Just pull out the blasting cap.

Comment

I love how on the movies they always have fail-safes and they never know what wire to cut.

Just pull out the blasting cap.
                And there's always a digital timer in clear sight showing exactly how much time they have left.

Comment

And there's always a digital timer in clear sight showing exactly how much time they have left.
                  yeah, and what is with the blinking red lights on bombs planted under cars or in hidden places? "here I am!"

Comment

Note. If you try building much of the stuff in the Anarchist Cookbook you are likely to blow yourself up.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Note. If you try building much of the stuff in the Anarchist Cookbook you are likely to blow yourself up.
                      That's the way you wrote it! There's that little disclaimer on page 35 where you are asking for more money for the "less suicidal" version.

Comment

yeah, and what is with the blinking red lights on bombs planted under cars or in hidden places? "here I am!"
                        My wife asks me "why would they do that", knowing that my reply is going to be "it's in the script".

Comment

That's the way you wrote it! There's that little disclaimer on page 35 where you are asking for more money for the "less suicidal" version.
                          You almost got me to post advice on building bombs

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            You almost got me to post advice on building bombs
                            I think it was an NCIS episode (or maybe Blue Bloods) where the guy comes in yelling in a foreign language, but they catch the phrase "bome buh" - Danny (yeah, it was Blue Bloods) says, "wait, backup - I don't know what language that is, but that sure sounded like [that word you typed which is added to your tare-or-ist profile ]".

Comment

Yes, bomb experts in movies know everything there is to know about disarming a bomb except which of the last two wires to cut.

James Cameron had a novel play on tha trope in the movie The Abyss: they knew which color of wire to cut, but because of the strong yellow light source illuminating the work area, they couldn't distinguish one color from the other.
                              Last edited by Mountain Man; 03-02-2018, 09:34 AM.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                Yes, bomb experts in movies know everything there is to know about disarming a bomb except which of the last two wires to cut.

James Cameron had a novel play on tha trope in the movie The Abyss: they knew which color of wire to cut, but because of the strong yellow light source illuminating the work area, they couldn't distinguish one color from the other.
                                I'm color blind, so...

Comment