Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Poll: Most Americans now support GOP tax law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Texas turning blue, eh?

Democrats Sing The Texas Blues
    The Democrats had a great turn out but the Republicans had an even better one. Looks like the oft predicted (at least by the MSM) Texas blue wave turned into a ripple in the kiddie pool.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Magenta View Post
      I loved these as a kid. They always played on Sat. mornings when I was watching cartoons.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        The Democrats had a great turn out but the Republicans had an even better one. Looks like the oft predicted (at least by the MSM) Texas blue wave turned into a ripple in the kiddie pool.
        And the city of Austin remains a blueberry in a sea of tomato soup.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Magenta View Post
          I loved these as a kid. They always played on Sat. mornings when I was watching cartoons.
          We did not have TV when I was a kid. My kids watched those Saturday cartoons though.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
            We did not have TV when I was a kid. My kids watched those Saturday cartoons though.
            We got one black and white TV in the living room when I was about 8 or 9, but weren't allowed to watch it much. I think my dad must have thought it would double the electric bill. We didn't have air conditioning, either.

And only 3 channels, along with some UHF channels that were kinda fuzzy.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

We got one black and white TV in the living room when I was about 8 or 9, but weren't allowed to watch it much. I think my dad must have thought it would double the electric bill. We didn't have air conditioning, either.

I was in 6th grade when we got our first TV. Mostly what I did watch was old Laurel and Hardy stuff. I loved it.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

My father kept winning TVs in contests at work. We had two of those big old console TVs...
                000000000000000ars.jpg
                Very similar to this

...with one in the den and the other in the Living Room. We also had two smaller color TVs (one in my brother's and my room and one in my parent's room) and an older B&W set in the kitchen area.

My father installed a rotary motor on the antenna on the roof which we could move from inside to face the direction that gave the best reception for that channel. Before we moved he built and installed one for everyone on our street as well as a few other people.

Comment

My father kept winning TVs in contests at work. We had two of those big old console TVs...
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]26889[/ATTACH]
                  Very similar to this

...with one in the den and the other in the Living Room. We also had two smaller color TVs (one in my brother's and my room and one in my parent's room) and an older B&W set in the kitchen area.

My father installed a rotary motor on the antenna on the roof which we could move from inside to face the direction that gave the best reception for that channel. Before we moved he built and installed one for everyone on our street as well as a few other people.
                  I just heard somebody the other day say, "yeah, back in my day, TVs and Stereos were FURNITURE!"

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26889[/ATTACH]
                    Very similar to this

Now we know where the mad scientist genes came from.

Comment