Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Florida School Shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Well, they did say it, but they don't make law, that's up to us, or more specifically, up to our corrupt representation.
    You never cease to amuse me with your complete ignorance when it comes to the law and government, Jimmy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      You never cease to amuse me with your complete ignorance when it comes to the law and government, Jimmy.
      And theology.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• I predict this will be a major twist to the discussion about arming teachers:

A Georgia teacher has been arrested following a standoff after firing a weapon inside a (otherwise empty) classroom:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/28...gh-school.html
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          I predict this will be a major twist to the discussion about arming teachers:

A Georgia teacher has been arrested following a standoff after firing a weapon inside a (otherwise empty) classroom:

We need to arm the students!

Comment

How bout let's wait for more facts to come out.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              What a pansy. Who need facts? We need to act! NOW! Ban teachers! Arm the students!

Comment

What are you implying?

All I said it's going to affect the trajectory of the discussion.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

We need to arm the students!
                  Chicago is finally ahead of the curve!
                  "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
                  Hear my cry, hear my shout,
                  Save me, save me"

Comment

What are you implying?
                    Implying nothing - we know precious little about this person.

UPDATE: A teacher fired at least one shot in a classroom at Dalton High School Wednesday. Police say a witness heard gunfire and reportedly called police.

At least one shot was fired from his handgun, according to Dalton police. No students were in the classroom, according to police. The weapon has been recovered.

The teacher at the school was taken into custody, with no injury to him or police after a short standoff with the classroom door locked. The teacher later surrendered to police.

Students were evacuated from the school. One student was injured in the evacuation and hurt their ankle.

WRCB TV

Was he/she, indeed, a teacher? It would seem so. What's their record? Would they have been considered for "arming" in anybody's universe? Where they already problematic? Where they allowed to be armed? Where they trained?

Comment

What are you implying?

All I said it's going to affect the trajectory of the discussion.
                      Actually, you called it a "major twist" - which it may be, but we don't know that yet.

Comment

Unfortunately it will, even though it shouldn't.
                        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Was he/she, indeed, a teacher? It would seem so. What's their record? Would they have been considered for "arming" in anybody's universe? Where they already problematic? Where they allowed to be armed? Where they trained?

They keep saying "a shot" or "shots fired". And this was a situation where the teacher supposedly barricaded himself in an empty classroom, the principal was there, a shot was fired, and he (the principal) evacuated the school.

Comment

• more proof that social studies rots the brain
                            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• So, as more info comes in, this sounds like an isolated incident not even involving students....

The only injury is one girl sprained her ankle leaving the building.

Comment

Well, we're talking specifics, so what is it that I said in the above that you find to be ignorant?

Comment