Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

House Intel votes to release FISA memo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by progs
    But Nunes recused himself
    Fake News! Nunes stepped aside during House Ethics Committee investigation, temporarily!, so after Committee clearing of him he's free to return.

So much crying, and only one memo so far! Demi reads more are coming, looking forward!!
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
      Your question is turning assumptions into facts and for that reason it is misleading and that is always a good reason for not answering.
      Give me a break, Chuckles. If this memo was about actions undertaken by Trump, you guys would be screaming for his immediate impeachment, but because it exonerates Trump and implicates his political enemies, you lot pretend it's no big deal.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Here's the interesting part: liberals are pointing to the footnote in the memo which seems to suggest that the investigation into Russian connections was begun before the dossier was created, but they seem to ignore the fact that McCabe and his team couldn't show enough probable cause after 90-days to continue the investigation without presenting Hillary's opposition research to the court and without disclosing its true nature. McCabe even admitted that they wouldn't have been able to get the warrants to continue the investigation without the dossier, which they knew to be questionable at best.

That, my friends, is what's known as the proverbial smoking gun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
          Apparently Nunes is admitting he hasn't actually read what the FBI submitted to the FISA courts. And apparently a major part of the Dem memo, that Nunes won't release, notes that the FBI did actually reveal the sources of the Steele dossier funding to the four different judges that variously approved the warrants.

i.e. the Nunes memo is a bunch of lies designed to fool the gullible base, and to give Trump a fig-leaf of political cover to conduct a purge of FBI and DoJ officials in order to stop Mueller's investigation.
          . . . equals obstruction of Justice by Trump.

Comment

• Liberals: "Trump looked at McCabe funny! That's obstruction of justice!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              we had a banning auction here at Tweb where we volunteered to let people ban us for certain periods based on how many tokens they bought and used against us. We all had to do something while we were banned so we headed over to the II forum and pretty much messed with them. They were pretty used to having only a few pushover Christians and Trout and Gerbil are pretty good apologists and tore apart all of their silly arguments. I helped a little. Even Lao Tsu had shown them how bad some of their arguments were if I recall. Afterwards several of the atheists actually came over to tweb and joined us. A few months later we heard that the forum was shutting down. I was kidding that we did it, but who knows?
              The TWeb contingent played no role in the demise of IIDB. I took on a leading role in negotiations trying to preserve it with two members of the Secular Web's board of directors.

IIDB fell apart in the midst of internal squabbling and factionalization over a host of issues, from the inclusion of theistic mods to deletions of posts from noted early tetrapod biologist Per Ahlberg (see rouge's avatar) to representation of IIDB donors on the SecWeb BoD. In the end, the BoD decided the discussion board had become too much of a distraction from their main focus, soliciting and curating articles on secularism, and sold it off to a team that was even less capable of withstanding heat from the membership, leading to its swift collapse.

We actually did shut down the Infidel Guy forum, though I barely arrived in time to watch its dying gasps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Here's the interesting part: liberals are pointing to the footnote in the memo which seems to suggest that the investigation into Russian connections was begun before the dossier was created, but they seem to ignore the fact that McCabe and his team couldn't show enough probable cause after 90-days to continue the investigation without presenting Hillary's opposition research to the court and without disclosing its true nature. McCabe even admitted that they wouldn't have been able to get the warrants to continue the investigation without the dossier, which they knew to be questionable at best.

That, my friends, is what's known as the proverbial smoking gun.
                Sounds to me MM that you are more afraid of the facts getting out than you are about the process. Why is that I wonder? Carter Page has been under surveilllance by the FBI since 2013 when he had been meeting with Russian intel officials, long before Trumps campaign, and then he became a Trump NSA, curious enough in itself, and then continued meeting with high ranked Russian officials in Moscow during the campaign. And stop pretending you know what the FISA warrant consists of, the Republican memo is cherry picked by Nunes and Trump for the specific purpose of implicating Deputy Atty Gen. Rosenstein so that Trump can remove him and stifle the Mueller investigation. It's just more obstruction of Justice, and as far as I'm concerned Nunes should be under investigation now as well, and probably is.
                Last edited by JimL; 02-03-2018, 09:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                  The TWeb contingent played no role in the demise of IIDB. I took on a leading role in negotiations trying to preserve it with two members of the Secular Web's board of directors.

IIDB fell apart in the midst of internal squabbling and factionalization over a host of issues, from the inclusion of theistic mods to deletions of posts from noted early tetrapod biologist Per Ahlberg (see rouge's avatar) to representation of IIDB donors on the SecWeb BoD. In the end, the BoD decided the discussion board had become too much of a distraction from their main focus, soliciting and curating articles on secularism, and sold it off to a team that was even less capable of withstanding heat from the membership, leading to its swift collapse.

We actually did shut down the Infidel Guy forum, though I barely arrived in time to watch its dying gasps.
                  I think that loa has confused my avatar, which is obviously a fossilized strip of bacon in pirate gear, with something else.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Give me a break, Chuckles. If this memo was about actions undertaken by Trump, you guys would be screaming for his immediate impeachment, but because it exonerates Trump and implicates his political enemies, you lot pretend it's no big deal.
                    I doubt that the screams for impeachment have abated in the least or will no matter what. Mad Maxine Waters has made it clear that she thinks that just because he's rude is sufficient grounds for impeachment.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I certainly wouldn't. The last thing I want is Trump impeached.
                      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        you mean methods like forming a conclusion before the evidence is even in and being completely biased?
                        It is obvious if ALL the original papers were included, there is more than sufficient evidence. Your not going to fool the judge and their legal staff. When all the information, in fact as current evidence indicates, is revealed it will be found the judge had all the relevant evidence at hand.

I know of no effort to accuse the judge of judicial misconduct, and this would be the case if the Nunes memo was remotely true and comprehensive.

Comment

• source...
                          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                            Trump calls "fake news" any report he doesn't like, and is working to get his entire base to do the same thing. To use his expression: sad. Obama expressed issues with Fox (as far as I know) and the IRS claim is yet another right-wing meme that is pretty much a fabrication. If you don't think so - then sources please.
                            Yet again you are quick to hand wave things you don't like as "yet another right-wing meme" when even a cursory examination shows it isn't I just posted this (http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post514904) in response to jimmy claiming that Trump is no different than Hitler because he "disparaged the so called MSM." It contains mention (with sources) of Obama siccing the IRS after a local reporter in St. Louis along with several other things that garnered a collective yawn from the left (with a very few exceptions).

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                              Sounds to me MM that you are more afraid of the facts getting out...
                              Sorry, Jimmy, but the facts DID get out despite your side fighting like cornered rats to suppress it. And the best part is, it exonerates our duly elected President.

Even more hilarious is how the left was whooping and hollering about how releasing the memo would jeopardize national security and begged for the names to be redacted, but now they're trying to act like it's no big deal. And low-info morons like Jimmy happily swallow the contradiction without question.
                              Last edited by Mountain Man; 02-03-2018, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                                I certainly wouldn't. The last thing I want is Trump impeached.
                                Yep, and the way things are going, he's going to be very tough to beat on 2020.

Comment