Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Record Cold, US and Europe: Global Warming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seer View Post
    Yet the the AGW crowd here will never admit the double standard. Tails they win, heads we lose...
    https://www.theguardian.com/environm...denial-funding

Hence profits for some at the expense of the vast majority of us and the future of our children.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      https://www.theguardian.com/environm...denial-funding

Hence profits for some at the expense of the vast majority of us and the future of our children.
      Peabody Energy is free to put out what they believe, and others are free not to believe them. And again, I personally do not trust these universal agreements, like I said in the past, I don't want some unelected bureaucrat in De Haag making decisions that will affect my life. And Like I also said the US has lowered its carbon footprint to early 90s levels, even with a growing population, thanks largely to the fracking revolution, along with renewables.

U.S. Outshines Other Countries in CO2 Emissions Reductions

According to the Energy Information Administration (EIA), U.S. carbon dioxide emissions were 2.5 percent less in 2015 than in 2014. In fact, since 2007, when they peaked, carbon dioxide emissions in the United States have been reduced by 12.2 percent. According to the Washington Times, the United States has reduced its carbon dioxide emissions more than virtually any other nation in the world.[i] For comparison, the European Union, which has spent $1.2 trillion on support for wind, solar and bio-energy, increased its carbon dioxide emissions by 0.7 percent in 2015 over 2014 levels. The biggest increase was in Belgium, where carbon dioxide emissions increased by 4.7 percent.[ii]

http://instituteforenergyresearch.or...ns-reductions/
      The reduction is even more impressive when one considers that 57 million additional energy consumers were added to the U.S. population over the past two decades. Indeed, U.S. carbon emissions have dropped about 20 percent per capita, and are now at their lowest level since Dwight D. Eisenhower left the White House in 1961.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health...20_years_.html
      While in your own country Tass:

Australia's greenhouse gas emissions soar in latest figures
      https://www.theguardian.com/australi...latest-figures
      So Don't come preaching to us!
      Last edited by seer; 01-09-2018, 07:08 AM.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Hey Carp, the doom and doom predicted by your side is no less unsubstantiated. I mean really - why are you always so negative!
        Liberalism is an inherently self-loathing ideology.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          They generally don't seem very happy...
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
            There is a good reason why virtually every country in the world signed the Paris Agreement...
            Yes, they were hoping for free money from the United States! I'm so glad that President Trump had the good sense to tell those grifters to take a hike.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
              Yet you claimed that "the last 17-years ... has exhibited a slight cooling trend" anyway - and won't retract it.
              Why should I retract a true statement?

Comment

• A cooling trend? With ever increasing levels of water in the oceans - where is it coming from?
                1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                Scripture before Tradition:
                but that won't prevent others from
                taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

That has nothing to do with the last 17 years, but instead the end of the 2015-16 El Nino.
                  Find my speling strange? I'm trying this out: Simplified Speling. Feel free to join me.

"Nature has placed mankind under the governance of two sovereign masters, pain and pleasure. It is for them alone to point out what we ought to do, as well as to determine what we shall do."-Jeremy Bentham

"We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

You're citing an article about events of 2016 to justify your claim of a trend over 17 years
                    Last edited by Roy; 01-09-2018, 08:33 AM.
                    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post

You're citing an article about events of 2016 to justify your claim of a trend over 17 years
                      Because 2016 is not part of the past 17-years.

Of course there is plenty more evidence out there, but you would first have to pry open your closed-mind which has rusted shut from disuse.

Daily Caller, 2015:
                      New American, 2013: Climate Theories Crumble as Data and Experts Suggest Global Cooling
                      CNS News, 2013: ""
                      The Daily Caller, 2011: Surprise! Over the last decade, the US cooled

And on it goes.

In other news...

Source: Breitbart

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...limate-change/

© Copyright Original Source

Sleep soundly, little snowflakes, there's no "climate change" bogeyman hiding under your bed.

Comment

Because 2016 is not part of the past 17-years.

Of course there is plenty more evidence out there, but you would first have to pry open your closed-mind which has rusted shut from disuse.

Daily Caller, 2015:
                        New American, 2013: Climate Theories Crumble as Data and Experts Suggest Global Cooling
                        CNS News, 2013: ""
                        The Daily Caller, 2011: Surprise! Over the last decade, the US cooled

And on it goes.

In other news...

Source: Breitbart

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...limate-change/

© Copyright Original Source

Sleep soundly, little snowflakes, there's no "climate change" bogeyman hiding under your bed.
                        But MM!!! The cooling just proves that all of the regulations and carbon credits are actually working!!! Why without them, New York and Miami would be 10 feet under water by now! duh!

Comment

Hey Carp, the doom and doom predicted by your side is no less unsubstantiated. I mean really - why are you always so negative!
                          Since I'm not, I assume you meant this facetiously.

I did, however, find your ten things list a little, well, not sure how to put this. Naive? Uninformed?

Edit to ad: that comment is about the list, not about you Seer. I read the article, and found the author made some huge, unjustified assumptions in the proposed list, with little or no evidence to back it up.
                          Last edited by carpedm9587; 01-11-2018, 09:32 AM.
                          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Yet the the AGW crowd here will never admit the double standard. Tails they win, heads we lose...
                            The problem, I believe, lies in the interpretation of .

What is the opposite of "Does this disprove global warming?" It seems you are interpreting it as "this proves global warming." That would be exact the opposite of "Does this disprove global warming?" Since Mann is a climatologist, and I have not found any place where he claims that a single weather event proves or disproves global warming, but I HAVE found several places where he rebutts the claim that a weather event can disprove global warming, I have to believe you are reading the statement incorrectly. It is understandable, because the statement is ambiguous.

The other interpretation of the opposite of, "does this disprove global warming," is "this does not disprove global warming." This is what I believe Mannis saying, and it is consistent with his other articles and arguments.

Your "heads we win, tails we lose" quip is cute, Seer, but it's simply not true. No climatologist is saying that any specific weather phenomenon is proving global warming, and they are insisting that these phenomena also do not disprove global warming. There is one and only one way to "prove" global warming: show an increase in global air temperatures over time. The climate change that accompanies that warming is measured through changes in weather patterns, not specific weather events.
                            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Comment

It is freaking cold, I can't remember it being this cold in December for this long since the sixties, with no end in sight. Europe is experiencing the same. How does this square with Global warming...
                                Where I live in Britain the weather in December has often been colder, sometimes very much colder.

I cannot speak for Europe as a whole.

Comment