Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Flynn pleads guilty to lying to the FBI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
    I don't want to hear her conclusions.
    Of course you don't.

Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
    Where is this documented?
    You claim you've read the sources, so you should know precisely where it's documented.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
      Because I hate myself I read your link and the article that link references. I don't want to hear her conclusions. I want to hear from you what behavior, specifically, you think is wrong and how that behavior is documented in the FBI docs. By this point I'm more familiar with this material than you are!

Where is this documented?

Where is this documented? What PDF? What text? What email? Where is the proof that this occurred actually stored?
      We *know* he was lying to the press and the WH for 2 weeks prior to the interview. Are you saying he suddenly started telling the truth to the agents in the interview? Where is the *proof*?!

Was it wrong to discuss how the interview should be handled depending on how Flynn responded? I don't see how.
      Did the agents make up the fact that Flynn violated Logan? Show me the money! Where is that shown in the documents?
      And, for God's sake, was Enron *innocent*? Holy hell. Watch "The Smartest Guys in the Room" and tell me they did not deserve prosecution.
      I've reviewed - and I'm not finding it. As best I can tell, this is more right-wing disinformation.
      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Orange View Post
        Of course you don't.
        She was being flagrantly dishonest about what she said about Wiessmann and Enron. For example, the case against the accounting firm was reversed unanimously by the Supreme Court. Why?

The court ruled unanimously that the Houston jury that found Arthur Andersen LLP guilty of obstruction of justice was given overly broad instructions by the federal judge who presided at the trial.

It had *nothing* to do with Wiessmann at all! Yet she presents it like he was scheming to destroy the company.

You claim you've read the sources, so you should know precisely where it's documented.
        I have read the sources *and they show the opposite of what she says*! If I missed something then show it to me. Show me the proof that the FBI lied! I *want* to know if they are doing these things because I *want* to know if my government is acting in my best interests. And, to quote the cliche, "injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere".

You clearly know that the evidence *does not exist* or you would gleefully thrust it into my face (and I'd deserve that).

No wonder you're in your current situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
          I've reviewed - and I'm not finding it.
          You're not finding it because you don't want to find it. Willful ignorance is such a poor debate strategy.

Comment

Show me the proof that the FBI lied!
            I already have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              I already have.
              Ok :). You just don't care what's true. Got it.

Comment

• "Show me the evidence!"
                "Here it is."
                (Closes his eyes.) "Where? I don't see it!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Lonely Lemur View Post
                  "Show me the evidence!"
                  "Here it is."
                  (Closes his eyes.) "Where? I don't see it!"

Sad, sad man. Anyway, I'll be sure you remind you about the missing evidence the next time you post on this topic. It was educational and I wouldn't have read the underlying docs without you so I do have you to think for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
                    I'll be sure you remind you about the missing evidence [that I refuse to acknowledge] the next time you post on this topic.

Comment

You're not finding it because you don't want to find it. Willful ignorance is such a poor debate strategy.
                      MM - when you offer evidence - it becomes incumbent on you to actually offer the evidence. I've made a good faith effort to find it despite that lack on your part. I cannot manufacture what is not there. On the other hand, you can easily produce what you claim IS there. The fact that you don't essentially renders your entire rant here moot.

But, of course, I'm sure there will be a reason why it is incumbent on me to find the evidence you claim exists...
                      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Sad, sad man. Anyway, I'll be sure you remind you about the missing evidence the next time you post on this topic. It was educational and I wouldn't have read the underlying docs without you so I do have you to think for that.
                        You're being trolled...

Comment

You're being trolled...
                          I know. But DivineBoob isn't good for much else.

Comment

MM - when you offer evidence - it becomes incumbent on you to actually offer the evidence.
                            I have in the form of quotes and links to original documents and substantive legal analysis, but you guys are basically saying, "I don't like that. What else do you have?" It's a pretty weak rebuttal, if you want to be honest.

Comment

Right, right. Ad hominem, grudging admission of defeat. Got it.

Comment

Between this philosophy and your bias problem, now you know why I have pretty much elected to stop engaging in discussions unless you ask a direct question I have not previously answered.

And I saw your post about the required evidence. I have been through your posts, and you have not provided the evidence for the specific claim DO is asking about. If you think you have, by all means link the relevant post. Mostly, your "evidence" takes the form of a lot of cherry-picked statements and quotes designed to paint a particular narrative. It's not worth spending any more of my time on unless you actually have some real evidence, in context, that makes the case you're trying to make.

Comment