Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Roy Moore accused of sexual contact with 14-year old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    If you read the report...
    What report?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      Fake news or not, when it comes to playing around with young girls what do male Republican politicians prefer; a 14 years old or a brace of 7 years old?
      I, for one, would rather have the truth than gossip. It's worth the time to determine which this is.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        What report?
        I was wondering the same thing, but thought maybe I missed it.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          I, for one, would rather have the truth than gossip. It's worth the time to determine which this is.
          True. When I first heard that joke about twenty years ago, the arithmetic was 2 x 8 = 16!

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
            True. When I first heard that joke about twenty years ago, the arithmetic was 2 x 8 = 16!

Comment

I notice you didn't provide any actual quotes or links.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                Wow, too intellectually lazy (or dishonest) to tie your source to the particular allegations you made? You want OTHERS to do your work?

I suspect you failed to provide anything but an empty hyperlink because you realize that your cited material doesn't really match your bastardization of what was actually said.

Good job, PM!

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                  He's a judgemental hypocrite who attempts to enforce so-called "family values", including against legitimate homosexual activity, whilst at the same time engaging in pedophile activity with an underage girl.
                  There is no such thing as "legitimate homosexual activity" and sex with a 14 year old isn't pedophilia, just run of the mill child rape which a disproportionate number of gay men engage in.
                  "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

An important part of this story is his allies outing themselves as pro-pedophilia/pro-sexual assault.

County Chair David Hall thinks pedophilia is okay if it happened a long time ago and there's nothing wrong with a 30 year old dating a 16 year old.
                    County Chairs Jerry Pow and William Blocker said they would vote for a pedophile assuming the allegations were true.
                    County Chair Riley Seibenhener blames the child for being sexually assaulted.
                    State Auditor Jim Zeigler says that because Bible characters were pedophiles, it's okay in the modern age.
                    there are no accusations of pedophilia
                    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

In the very first of these links, I did a search for the word "pedophilia", in hopes of finding the quote from which you base jumped (without a parachute) to your conclusion. Not found.
                      Second link - searched for the word "pedophile" - not found.
                      Third link is a whole bunch of tweets - Strike Three!!!

You're out!

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor
                        There is no such thing as "legitimate homosexual activity" and sex with a 14 year old isn't pedophilia, just run of the mill child rape which a disproportionate number of gay men engage in.
                        Sex with a 14-year-old is not actually child rape -- or pedophilia.

I doubt that the allegation against Roy Moore is even true, though, because I don't believe that this girl had a dedicated phone line into her bedroom in the 1970s, and Roy Moore doesn't seem like the type of guy to try to have sex on a second date.

Comment

In the very first of these links, I did a search for the word "pedophilia", in hopes of finding the quote from which you base jumped (without a parachute) to your conclusion. Not found.
                          Second link - searched for the word "pedophile" - not found.
                          Third link is a whole bunch of tweets - Strike Three!!!

You're out!

maybe he is taking Shunya lessons on citations. Just post random google hits on a the Moore's name and claim that supports his assertions?

Also argument by weblink is not allowed PM, so repost your links with excerpts that support your assertions at the very least.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            and there doesn't need to be. There is no way this would ever make it to court. All they need is to create enough doubt and bad feelings about Moore to make sure he is not elected. Which is why I think it is all staged. The timing is too convenient. Pretty much the same thing was done to Trump before the election.
                            with trump it didn't stick because several of the accusers lied about the circumstances, or were contradicted by family or friends, and in one case DATED Trump after the alleged assault. If I was Moore, and I was innocent, I'd look hard for an alibi. She gave enough details that he should be able to figure out the date and if he was doing something else at the time for which there is a record.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              maybe he is taking Shunya lessons on citations. Just post random google hits on a the Moore's name and claim that supports his assertions?

Also argument by weblink is not allowed PM, so repost your links with excerpts that support your assertions at the very least.
                              I don't think he can - he made outlandish JimL-style perversions of the truth, and won't be able to back them up with actual quotes.

Actual statement: "I think, before we jump to conclusions, we should evaluate whether the allegations of pedophilia have any merit".
                              Liberal summation: "CP just defended pedophilia".

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                                with trump it didn't stick because several of the accusers lied about the circumstances, or were contradicted by family or friends, and in one case DATED Trump after the alleged assault. If I was Moore, and I was innocent, I'd look hard for an alibi. She gave enough details that he should be able to figure out the date and if he was doing something else at the time for which there is a record.
                                yep, but finding evidence of what you did 38 years ago is pretty hard. I have zero clue what I was doing that long ago. Since he was in his 30's, he might have some job records or such.

I think they are banking on the fact that he can't find an alibi before the election.

He should open a law suit against the woman for defamation right away to see if she disappears.

Comment