Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Roy Moore accused of sexual contact with 14-year old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    You're becoming a parody of the alt-left, Tassy. Or, maybe their wanna-be spokesperson. Do you foam at the mouth when you repeatedly type these hate-filled tirades?
    At that ... It is strange to see Tassman so condemnatory of witch-hunters, when he himself is their modern counterpart.
    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

You're becoming a parody of the alt-left, Tassy. Or, maybe their wanna-be spokesperson. Do you foam at the mouth when you repeatedly type these hate-filled tirades?

Comment

• We need the media to report the facts and stay out of the politics of personal destruction. You need the media to support your extreme drama queen conspiracy crap.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
          At that ... It is strange to see Tassman so condemnatory of witch-hunters, when he himself is their modern counterpart.
          Ya know, when I went to bed last night - that hit me. He is the witch-hunter-in-chief, and too stupid to know it.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            It would be an amazing thing if those on the left who defend Islam understood what they were defending.

I do not hate Muslims. I am happy that the majority of Muslims fail to adhere to the tenets of their religion. One absolutely cannot, however, depend on what Muslims tell non-Muslims about what they believe, since those who lie in order to support the advance of Islam get a free pass. In order to get an accurate picture, one must look at what Muslims tell other Muslims, and how Muslims have treated non-Muslims in majority Islam countries now and in the past. Alas, that picture is not so pretty.
            Understanding taqqiya, and the stages of jihad is rather important to understand many of the issues with Islam today, and in the past.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
              ...a man credibly accused of sexually assaulting a minor.
              You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
                It means "gee, gosh golly, I hope if I keep saying that they'll believe me".

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                  I do. You see, I HAVE taken the time to visit those mosques and talk to its adherents. They are as appauled by the extremists in their faith as I suspect Christians are appauled when a member of the KKK or Neo-Nazi movement calls themselves "a defender of Christianity" and uses scripture verses to defend their hateful ideology.

Extremist Muslims appear to be doing what the majority of Muslims believe in
                  Last edited by rogue06; 11-27-2017, 09:09 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

If a man with a sword chopped off the heads of people and claimed it was in the name of Jesus Christ, all of Christendom would loudly and publicly and universally condemn his actions. Maybe with the possible exception of Westboro Baptist, if they're still around.
                    In the case of Christianity you would have to go directly against what the founder explicitly taught whereas that is not the case with Islam. While there are some ayah (verses) in the Qur'an that speak of peace they were all later abrogated (superseded) by verses calling for violence against non-Muslims. IOW, if you're a Muslim and oppose forced conversion you are going directly against what its founder explicitly taught

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      In the case of Christianity you would have to go directly against what the founder explicitly taught whereas that is not the case with Islam. While there are some ayah (verses) in the Qur'an that speak of peace they were all later abrogated (superseded) by verses calling for violence against non-Muslims. IOW, if you're a Muslim and oppose forced conversion you are going directly against what its founder explicitly taught
                      Yeah!

Comment

• Reasons for voting for Judge Roy Moore in the upcoming special election.

Source: http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive...r-senate-2.php

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                          So it should, seeing as it was the church that started the process of torturing and burning witches. It's like giving the church credit for stopping the Inquisitions.

Comment

• Then focus on what he actually says and does rather than being preoccupied concocting stories to attack him for. As I've repeatedly says he provides plenty of ammunition to use without needing to make stuff up and thereby ruin any and all credibility.

Comment

• The number of witches actually executed by the Inquisition was something like less than 100 out of 125,000 trials in 400 years (I've actually read less than 40 from the three main branches of the Inquisition between the 1400s to the 1800s from official Catholic sources). Granted, any number is too high coming from religious authorities who purport to be doing the will of Jesus, but it was hardly the genocide it's often been painted as. Several factors lend to why the Inquisition got the reputation it did for witch burning, the biggest of which is the fact that certain anti-Catholic Protestant writers and preachers ballooned the numbers in order to make Catholicism out as nefarious as possible. They never dreamed that many years later skeptics would use their own numbers to condemn all of Christianity and not just Catholicism. Another big factor is Gerald Gardner's popular theory on "the burning times". Gardner was an early 20th century spiritualist and amateur historian who eventually co-created most of the grounding beliefs of Wicca. He took a lot of his ideas on this from 19th century suffragist and Theosophist/Spiritualist Matilda Gage, who asserted that 9 million women were burned during this period. Modern historians have found that these numbers are radically inflated. The secular courts were responsible for the majority of witch trials and executions, not official branches of the church like the Inquisition. The number of people executed for witchcraft by secular courts during the 400 year period was between 30,000 to 50,000 (both men and women) and mostly in and around Germany. It was the Church that actually stepped in to stop the secular witch executions, with the Inquisition finding that most accusations of witchcraft and sorcery were unfounded, they pushed to have trials dismissed, and were skeptical of all forms of rumors, superstitions, and popular books on witchcraft. Unfortunately, popular thinking has never really let go of the Inquisition myth. The Inquisition's main goal was not to execute people for witchcraft and what they believed was heresy, but to move people back to a proper Roman Catholic view of orthodox Christianity. Technomage (Oustis), Tweb's resident Wicca practitioner, used to preach against the concept of the "burning times" all the time back before the forum crash. JimL must have seen him talk about it a couple times...
                              Last edited by Adrift; 11-27-2017, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• The woman who accused Roy Moore of pinching her butt as she left Moore's office has some serious credibility issues. Shockingly, the paper that first reported this story completely failed to mention the bitter and humiliating custody battle over the woman's son in which Moore represented the woman's mother:

Source: Breitbart

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-fraud-family/

© Copyright Original Source

Is somebody looking for payback?
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment