Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Roy Moore accused of sexual contact with 14-year old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Two. That's it. Two - one of which provided evidence that had been tampered with and the other who can't substantiate even the basics of her story.

FYI - you proved the author's point - using 'all' instead' of 'two' is a not terribly subtle way of implying that there is something wrong with you if you vote for Moore in the face of those accusations.
    http://www.alreporter.com/author/j-moon/

He's right. We saw the same with the Evangelical support of the morally depraved Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      Josh Moon of the Alabama Political Reporter has a column that says it all; there is no bottom for Roy Moore Republicans: If he does win, it will be due to the bottomless depravity and moral corruption of Christian evangelicals.
      Yeah, because only Christian evangelicals can vote in that election.

He's right. We saw the same with the Evangelical support of the morally depraved Trump.
      Then there's this poster who calls himself Tassman who is mentally depraved.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Yeah, because only Christian evangelicals can vote in that election.
        Evangelicals are the ones that will make the difference, just as they did in when they elected the morally reprehensible Donald Trump. Whatever it takes to get their own way it seems, even moral hypocrisy.

"60 % of Conservatives in Alabama are Evangelicals".

http://www.pewforum.org/religious-la.../conservative/

"Roy Moore, the Republican candidate for Alabama's US Senate seat, has received an outpouring of support from pastors and evangelical leaders across the state" despite multiple women coming forward to accuse the Moore of sexual misconduct.

http://www.businessinsider.com/alaba...ations-2017-11

"Nearly 40 percent of Alabama evangelicals said in a new poll that they are more likely to vote for GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore following allegations of sexual misconduct against him".

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3...or-moore-after

Then there's this poster who calls himself Tassman who is mentally depraved.

Comment

Evangelicals...
          Wow, Tassy - I just read some of that guy's articles. He's ALMOST as consumed with hate as you are!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Wow, Tassy - I just read some of that guy's articles. He's ALMOST as consumed with hate as you are!
            So I can take it that you agree with my point that Evangelicals are the ones that will make the difference in voting for Roy Moore, just as they did in when they elected the morally reprehensible Donald Trump.

Comment

So I can take it that you agree with my point that Evangelicals are the ones that will make the difference in voting for Roy Moore, just as they did in when they elected the morally reprehensible Donald Trump.
              I can take it that your hate-filled rant against Christianity continues unabated, and you're an incredible hypocrite for accusing Christians of dropping their standards to vote the way they want to, while defending ILGA's decision to sell out their principles to accept a bunch of child molesters into their ranks for "solidarity".

Comment

When the Trump election occurred, I had the same reaction. Indeed, I've had it for a long time and even posted about it on my Facebook page, which I've turned into a political blog. In fact, I posted about it not that long ago. Recently I had a chance to actually talk to someone on the right about the choice. I cannot say I agree with the line of reasoning, and I still think there is a lot of self-justification going on, but I have abandoned my view that the "Christian right" has just shown their "true colors" with their vote.

The person I talked to explained it this way: they were faced with an untenable choice: a clearly morally compromised person with severe personality shortcomings and a clear temperament issue - or someone who would further moral positions that were even more vile (abortion, further erosion of religious freedom, etc.). Abortion is a major stopping point - because it has to do (to the right - and to me) with a human life. So many of them gritted their teeth and did what they felt they had to do.

That is a position I can understand. What I cannot understand is the ongoing glowing endorsements of a person who continues to defy every social norm, to act in ways that dishonor the People's House and the highest office in our government, who continues to shift his position at the whims of whatever he sees on television, who continues to name-call like a grade schooler, and who continues to tell obvious falsehoods that are easily documented. I do not understand why he is not being challenged to rise to the dignity of the office he holds. That part mystifies me. It would seem to me ALL citizens would insist that our president BE the dignified, respectful person that puts the best American face forward to the world, and speaks as a statesman to the people in the world.

Somehow, this label of "PC" has become a banner under which people can dismiss anything they do not want to hear. It has become an excuse for rudeness and a lack of simple human courtesy. Something is wrong about that...

The irony is, the right, the people in deep rural areas, and the working class had (and have) a valid argument and a justified anger about not being listened to in the American political system. The left did indeed stop listening, and was justifiably spanked for it in 2012, 2014, and most notably in 2016. But instead of taking that lesson and forging a political movement that is inclusive of all Americans, a political movement has been forged that simply "returns the favor." If "not being listened to" created deep anger on the right leading to the rightward swing of our political system, what do you think will be the result of not listening to the left when the right is in power?

Trump won the election by 70,000 votes in three states. If isolating and shutting down the left continues to be the norm - what do you think is likely to happen, perhaps as soon as 2018?
                The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Seeing how there's not a shred of credible evidence that Moore did anything wrong, and plenty of evidence that his accusers are lying, then why shouldn't evangelicals vote for him?
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Seeing how there's not a shred of credible evidence that Moore did anything wrong, and plenty of evidence that his accusers are lying, then why shouldn't evangelicals vote for him?
                    Testimony of eight women is evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                      Testimony of eight women is evidence.
                      Me accusing you of having a fake beard is evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                        That is a position I can understand. What I cannot understand is the ongoing glowing endorsements of a person who continues to defy every social norm, to act in ways that dishonor the People's House and the highest office in our government, who continues to shift his position at the whims of whatever he sees on television, who continues to name-call like a grade schooler, and who continues to tell obvious falsehoods that are easily documented. I do not understand why he is not being challenged to rise to the dignity of the office he holds. That part mystifies me. It would seem to me ALL citizens would insist that our president BE the dignified, respectful person that puts the best American face forward to the world, and speaks as a statesman to the people in the world.
                        Glad to see triggering is still going on!!!

Somehow, this label of "PC" has become a banner under which people can dismiss anything they do not want to hear. It has become an excuse for rudeness and a lack of simple human courtesy. Something is wrong about that...

Bad misrepresentation. Sad!

Trump won the election by 70,000 votes in three states. If isolating and shutting down the left continues to be the norm - what do you think is likely to happen
                        Trump will win even bigger in 2020!!
                        Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

• Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                          I would be very surprised. But, I was surprised he won the first go-round.

Comment

Lots of people, though they didn't vote for Hillary, didn't vote for Trump too, because 'Hitler Hitler dictator Unstable Dangerous!!1!!!!' from Fake News.

Trump is overall doing well, and if he keeps it up then libs will lost biggest weapons against him.
                            Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Depends on a lot of factors I think:

1. The candidate the democrats pick (another go with Hillary or a Hillary clone might sink them).
                              2. How much Trump supporters associate current setbacks in congress with Trump.

Those are likely the major factors in the 2020 elections.
                              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                                Glad to see triggering is still going on!!!

Bad misrepresentation. Sad!

We shall see...
                                The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment