Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Harvey Weinstein: Another Good Liberal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Well, I don't exactly know what they mean by "boys" so until you can define that for me it doesn't mean a whole lot.
    Which is why you will continue defending NAMBLA, all the while denying that's what you're doing.

Right, so you would never have consented to such a relationship. Do you believe you should have been free to make that choice for yourself, or do you think you needed the law to make it for you?
    What should the age of consent be, Jimmy?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• "They aren't necessarily pedophiles; I mean, who knows what they could mean by 'boys.'"
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Well, I don't exactly know what they mean by "boys" so until you can define that for me it doesn't mean a whole lot.
        of course in your liberal fantasy world this is a 6-year-old girl:

so no wonder you are confused.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Which is why you will continue defending NAMBLA, all the while denying that's what you're doing.
          No, I don't really know NAMBLA and I can't find anything definitive about their policy views. That's the basis upon which I am defending IGLA, not NAMBLA.

What should the age of consent be, Jimmy?
          I think that what NAMBLAs argument was is that everyone is different and so an actual age of consent is arbitrary and so unjustly applied to post pubescent youth. I tend to agree with that, as a matter of fact that is obviously true, so I don't really have an answer to that question.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
            "They aren't necessarily pedophiles; I mean, who knows what they could mean by 'boys.'"
            Would you have been just as disgusted Zymo at 15 or 16 to have had sexual relations with an adult woman?

Comment

Would you have been just as disgusted Zymo at 15 or 16 to have had sexual relations with an adult woman?
              That's your defense? I'm not sure if I should be amused or just depressed now.

ETA: Would I have been "just as disgusted?" No, probably not...but I don't really know, because I was the ultimate awkward dweeb at that age and the idea is self-evidently absurd. As a Christian besides, my answer would have been "No."

Comment

That's what we call a question Zymo. Can you answer?

Comment

ETA: Would I have been "just as disgusted?" No, probably not...but I don't really know, because I was the ultimate awkward dweeb at that age and the idea is self-evidently absurd. As a Christian besides, my answer would have been "No."
                  Good, so you admit that the only reason that you are disgusted about the situation is because you're not a homosexual and homosexuality is what disgusts you, not the age difference.

Comment

Good, so you admit that the only reason that you are disgusted about the situation is because you're not a homosexual and homosexuality is what disgusts you, not the age difference.
                    So...because I personally wouldn't have been disgusted, as a teenager, by a proposition from an older woman, I'm a hypocrite? I'm honestly not sure what you're getting at here.

Comment

No, I don't really know NAMBLA and I can't find anything definitive about their policy views. That's the basis upon which I am defending IGLA, not NAMBLA.
                      This is part of your defense of NAMBLA - ignore all evidence, close your eyes really tight, and declare "I find no fault with them".

I think that what NAMBLAs argument was is that everyone is different and so an actual age of consent is arbitrary and so unjustly applied to post pubescent youth.
                      So, like NAMBLA, whom you defend, you can't pick an age either. How bout 5, Jimmy. Would sex with a 5 year old be acceptable to you?

I tend to agree with that, as a matter of fact that is obviously true, so I don't really have an answer to that question.
                      What's the age that would creep you out --- you found out a man had sex with a 5 year old, would you continue your, "gee, I just don't know" defense of NAMBLA?
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

That's what we call a question Zymo. Can you answer?
                        Can you answer what the bottom age would be that you would approve of a man having sex with a child?

Comment

wow

Comment

• This thread has become really bizarre.

"Gee, I just don't know what NAMBLA stand for, and neither does anyone else. They could mean almost anything by 'it's ok for men to have sex with boys.'"

If only they had a website or something, where one could find out for oneself what they stand for....

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              This is part of your defense of NAMBLA - ignore all evidence, close your eyes really tight, and declare "I find no fault with them".

So, like NAMBLA, whom you defend, you can't pick an age either. How bout 5, Jimmy. Would sex with a 5 year old be acceptable to you?

What's the age that would creep you out --- you found out a man had sex with a 5 year old, would you continue your, "gee, I just don't know" defense of NAMBLA?
                              What age would you say CP? How old were you before you were able to think for yourself?

Comment

What age would you say CP? How old were you before you were able to think for yourself?
                                "That's what we call a question. Can you answer?"

Comment