Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Harvey Weinstein: Another Good Liberal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    They started in 1978. Apparently it is you who doesn't know anything about them.
    Yeah, thats's why I said "I believe" Sparko, not that I knew. When exactly they actually began is irrelevant anyway.

They were never secretive about their goals. If you want to see their constitution, go to their website. I am not going there.
    Can't find anything eh?

Here is the wikipedia entry on them, feel free to prove me wrong. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_...ve_Association

Also:

As even some critics acknowledge, NAMBLA members have not been secretive about their beliefs and practices. On the contrary, the group maintains a formidable list of publications, available in many bookstores and libraries. The Harvard University Library, as well as several other prominent repositories, carry runs of the group's publications, including NAMBLA News, NAMBLA Bulletin, NAMBLA Journal, and Gayme. A series called NAMBLA Topics addresses mostly legal issues, although number 4 is called Boys Speak Out on Man/Boy Love (1986); number 5 offers an anthology, Poems of Love and Liberation (1996); and number 8 (1998) carries a short story, "Voodoo," by Ken Esser. The group also published A Witchhunt Foiled: The FBI vs. NAMBLA (1985). Nor has NAMBLA shied away from appropriate public venues, including LGBT pride parades, radio and television programs, and protest marches.

Encyclopedia of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered History in America
    COPYRIGHT 2004 The Gale Group Inc.

http://www.encyclopedia.com/social-s...ciation-nambla
    What you posted tells us nothing Sparko, it certainly doesn't support your assertion that the organization itself supports pedophilia. If you read the entire article it doesn't say that either and is supported for various reasons by some fairly prominent people. So, whether you are right or wrong, you have no argument but hearsay and you don't know what IGLA's reasoning was for originally accepting them as a member organization.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Jimmy, you're STILL DEFENDING the PEDOPHILES?!?!?!?!

Again, I thought I was only being facetious when I 'prophesied' that you guys would find them acceptable!
      CP, no I am not, you're just being a jerk as usual.

Comment

• JimL isn't defending pedophiles, he's just defending the North American Man/Boy Love Association. Totally different.
        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          I suggest you try to understand what is meant by pedophilia. NAMBLA as an organization wasn't about pedophilia....
          NAMBLA has never advocated for pedophilia....
          And, here again, From ILGA's own website (not NAMBLA's website, but ILGA)
          pro-pedophile organizations remain members.

And what does ILGA say about NAMBLA on their own website? (June/July 1994)
          Paedofilia is clearly condemned, and pro-paedophilia members of the ILGA are expelled by a motion which is approved by 88% of the members.

...I'm just trying to show you that as usual you have no idea what you are talking about.
          I suggest you try to understand what is meant by pedophilia. NAMBLA as an organization wasn't about pedophilia....
          NAMBLA has never advocated for pedophilia....
          Jimmy, why do you do this to yourself? You spew forth ignorance like monkey vomit, then accuse others of not knowing what they're talking about.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Can't find anything eh?
            Er, no. He refuses to visit their website - especially while at work, which is totally understandable. Meanwhile, the North American Man-Boy Love Association disclaiming pedophilia is about as believable as the KKK disclaiming racism.
            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Yeah, thats's why I said "I believe" Sparko, not that I knew. When exactly they actually began is irrelevant anyway.

Can't find anything eh?
              says Mr. Hitler despite me giving him two links and a quote.

What you posted tells us nothing Sparko, it certainly doesn't support your assertion that the organization itself supports pedophilia. If you read the entire article it doesn't say that either and is supported for various reasons by some fairly prominent people. So, whether you are right or wrong, you have no argument but hearsay and you don't know what IGLA's reasoning was for originally accepting them as a member organization.
              It supports exactly what I said. I said that they were not being secretive about what they stood for ( "NAMBLA members have not been secretive about their beliefs and practices")and the cites I gave said exactly that. And the sources say that their stated purposes was pedophilia which they openly support ("The North American Man/Boy Love Association NAMBLA is a pedophile and pederasty advocacy organization in the United States. It works to abolish age-of-consent laws criminalizing adult sexual involvement with minors[2][3] and campaigns for the release of men who have been jailed for sexual contacts with minors that did not involve coercion")

Comment

• From the NAMBLA FAQ:

"Q: Do you believe it's possible for a boy and a man to have a close, even sexual relationship, without any harm?

A: Yes it's possible, and it happens every day. Many studies have confirmed that the large majority of sexual contacts between boys and older partners are both consensual and harmless. See below for a listing of some of these published, peer-reviewed studies."

That's a direct quote of only one of the relevant questions in the FAQ. I'm on lunch at work and was curious enough to visit the site on my phone and check for myself; I don't really want to link to the site for the obvious reason.

So press on, JimL; fight the good fight.

Comment

This isn't a question of opinion Sparko. Thats the problem with all your answers, they're just opinions.
                  Opinions are bad - so noted. So, what does Jimmy offer?

NAMBLA, I believe began back in the sixties after the harrassment and arrests of young people and their older partners.
                  His own opinion.

Show me what NAMBLA'S Constitution was at the time, what their stated purpose of existence as an organization was and IGLA's stated reason for accepting them under their human right umbrella at that time. When you've done that, then you can tell me whether or not IGLA is pro-pedophilia.
                  Jimmy - pedophilia was ILLEGAL. Do you really think they're dumb enough to put in their constitution "we violate the law on a regular basis!"

Otherwise all you're doing is arguing from ignorance.
                  Yes, Jimmy, you really are. And you should stop.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                    From the NAMBLA FAQ:

"Q: Do you believe it's possible for a boy and a man to have a close, even sexual relationship, without any harm?

A: Yes it's possible, and it happens every day. Many studies have confirmed that the large majority of sexual contacts between boys and older partners are both consensual and harmless. See below for a listing of some of these published, peer-reviewed studies."

That's a direct quote of only one of the relevant questions in the FAQ. I'm on lunch at work and was curious enough to visit the site on my phone and check for myself; I don't really want to link to the site for the obvious reason.

So press on, JimL; fight the good fight.
                    yeah no links to pedophile sites will be allowed. We don't need that kind of linkback to this site.

Comment

Jim buddy, really, give it up.
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        yeah no links to pedophile sites will be allowed. We don't need that kind of linkback to this site.
                        Yeah, that too. I definitely followed the rules on purpose that time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                          JimL isn't defending pedophiles, he's just defending the North American Man/Boy Love Association. Totally different.
                          I should stop being amazed at the levels that some people will go to win an argument on the internet, but I'm still astonished. I'd like to think that no one but a pedo would defend NAMBLA, but guess not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            You seem to be rather fixed on that yourself, so... All I did was help document the link from ILGA's own website, and blow away Jimmy's claim that NAMBLA was 'not about pedophilia'.

Comment

• Wow, you guys just can't give it up! It's all there for everybody to see - exactly what he was claiming, and the facts proving it's a load of horsie poo.

Moreover, what this thread has been focusing on is the alleged link between ILGA and NAMBLA.
                              It is not an "alleged link" - it is historical fact acknowledged by ILGA's own website.

They were already linked.

And that you agree that, for unknown reasons, ILGA made a bad decision to allow NAMBLA into their organisation.
                              I've maintained that all along - you had to be dragged to the party kicking and screaming.

What ground have I shifted? NAMBLA was a bunch of pedophiles - Jimmy is defending NAMBLA - a bunch of pedophiles.

How freakin ignorant can you be?!?!?!?!

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                Er, no. He refuses to visit their website - especially while at work, which is totally understandable. Meanwhile, the North American Man-Boy Love Association disclaiming pedophilia is about as believable as the KKK disclaiming racism.
                                Doesn't matter whether you or I or anyone else might personally find it believable or not, the question is what NAMBLA's organizational stated position was at the time and what IGLA believed at the time of their admission as a member organization. Apparently none of you can answer that evidentially.

Comment