Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Harvey Weinstein: Another Good Liberal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Since you claimed that you could think of "several acceptable reasons" for homosexuals and pedophiles to join forces, I assume you have a few more that you would be willing to share. Or are you going to fold and admit that you can't think of any acceptable reasons? In which case you're stuck with trying to explain why the two groups happily joined forces for many years and only parted ways (at least publicly) out of political expediency.
    I predict he's going to try to weasel out of this by using an old trick from the Mormon Awfulogetics playbook - he's going to claim that he answered the question he WISHES I would have asked, instead of the actual question.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I predict he's going to try to weasel out of this by using an old trick from the Mormon Awfulogetics playbook - he's going to claim that he answered the question he WISHES I would have asked, instead of the actual question.
      I suggest you try to understand what is meant by pedophilia. NAMBLA as an organization wasn't about pedophilia, NAMBLA was founded upon the sexual rights of youth, not prepubescent youth which would be pedophilia, but upon the rights of young sexually active people to make their own choices. You may not agree with that philosophy, but at least know what you're talking about rather than arguing a point based upon your preconceived and ignorant notions. Perhaps IGLA simply agreed with NAMBLA that young people should be able to make their own choices without being harrassed or arrested which is a far cry from being accepting of pedophilia.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        I suggest you try to understand what is meant by pedophilia. NAMBLA as an organization wasn't about pedophilia, NAMBLA was founded upon the sexual rights of youth, not prepubescent youth which would be pedophilia, but upon the rights of young sexually active people to make their own choices. You may not agree with that philosophy, but at least know what you're talking about rather than arguing a point based upon your preconceived and ignorant notions. Perhaps IGLA simply agreed with NAMBLA that young people should be able to make their own choices without being harrassed or arrested which is a far cry from being accepting of pedophilia.
        Jimmy, do you know what the initials N A M B L A stand for?

Even the folks at Wikipedia aren't fooled by this....

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Jimmy, do you know what the initials N A M B L A stand for?
          Yes, I know what it stands for, it's about age of consent laws CP.
          Even the folks at Wikipedia aren't fooled by this....
          Read the whole article CP. NAMBLA has never advocated for pedophilia regardless of Wikipedia's definition. If you believe they have, show me where they have stated that position. The point is, it doesn't matter what you think, the question is why was NAMBLA associated with IGLA and the answer could be that IGLA agreed that young people should be free to make their own choices without fear of being harrassed or arrested.

Comment

...I'm just trying to show you that as usual you have no idea what you are talking about.

Originally posted by JimL View Post
            I suggest you try to understand what is meant by pedophilia. NAMBLA as an organization wasn't about pedophilia....
            NAMBLA has never advocated for pedophilia....
            And, here again, From ILGA's own website (not NAMBLA's website, but ILGA)
            pro-pedophile organizations remain members.

And what does ILGA say about NAMBLA on their own website? (June/July 1994)
            Paedofilia is clearly condemned, and pro-paedophilia members of the ILGA are expelled by a motion which is approved by 88% of the members.

...I'm just trying to show you that as usual you have no idea what you are talking about.
            I suggest you try to understand what is meant by pedophilia. NAMBLA as an organization wasn't about pedophilia....
            Jimmy, why do you do this to yourself? You spew forth ignorance like monkey vomit, then accuse others of not knowing what they're talking about.
            Last edited by Cow Poke; 11-28-2017, 01:38 PM.

Comment

THAT, sir, is the record - nothing nefarious, no attempt by me to link the two organizations today - just reporting the facts. I know of no official (or unofficial) link between ILGA and NAMBLA, nor am I proposing one.
              So we are back to the question you have not yet answered, namely, WHY
              Last edited by Tassman; 11-27-2017, 09:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                So we are back to the question ...
                Why were you working so hard to defend NAMBLA?

And you call ME dishonest?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                  So we are back to the question you have not yet answered, namely, WHY you introduced the ILGA/NAMBLA topic in the first place.
                  Actually, most of your battle had been with Rogue, but, hey - truth is totally irrelevant to you.

But here's what's amazing -- my entry into the NAMBLA discussion was a facetious comment I made claiming (facetiously, mind you) that you and your buddies believed that NAMBLA was "acceptable".

Here's my quote...

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Who appointed you to decide what is and is not acceptable to evangelicals?

Lemme play that game.... NAMBLA IS acceptable to Tassman and his buddies here on tweb! Yeah, acceptable!!!!
                  So, what happens?

Your buddy, Jimmy, falls all over himself doing EXACTLY that -- defending NAMBLA!!!!

I'm a prophet!!!

Comment

Why were you working so hard to defend NAMBLA?

And you call ME dishonest?

Comment

• You seem to be rather fixed on that yourself, so... All I did was help document the link from ILGA's own website, and blow away Jimmy's claim that NAMBLA was 'not about pedophilia'.

which is what I strongly suspect you were trying to do,
                      Well, since there was SO MUCH on this topic about which you were WAY wrong, you can be wrong about that, as well.

And, again, false allegations to go along your profound ignorance of the facts.

Good job, though, trying to defend NAMBLA, you and Jimmy. You guys make a good team!

there was and is nothing to discuss.
                      Yet, here you are!
                      Last edited by Cow Poke; 11-28-2017, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Lemme take another crack at this, using information from ILGA's own website, rather than the rantings of anti-Christian liberals.

In their own chronology, they list... (September, 1993) - and I'll bold and underline the relevant parts, OK?
                        pro-pedophile organizations remain members.

Please note the "pro-pedophile" reference to NAMBLA.

But, that was the charge of the "US right", you may argue!

So, let's see what ILGA says about NAMBLA on their own website (June/July 1994)
                        Paedofilia is clearly condemned, and pro-paedophilia members of the ILGA are expelled by a motion which is approved by 88% of the members.

Now, what organization was called out? NAMBLA.

And how was NAMBLA described, both by "the US right" and by ILGA itself? pro-paedophilia.

It boggles my mind, Jimmy, that you and Tassy would work so hard to defend such a vile organization as "pro-paedophilia" NAMBLA.
                        And once again you are giving me a definition of NAMBLA as others define it, and as IGLA, perhaps for political reasons, came to see it decades after admitting them to IGLA , but you are not giving me NAMBLAS definition of itself. NAMBLA claims they are not about pedophilia, they claim to be about fighting for the rights of young people to make their own choices without fear of harrassment or arrest. Now if you can show me where NAMBLA themselves claim to be an organization dedicated to pedophilia then please do so. IGLA obviously agreed that they were not about pedophilia when they were admitted, and changed their minds decades later, most likely for political reasons in order to get U.N. status.
                        Now, no, I'm am not trying so hard to defend NAMBLA, I'm just trying to show you that as usual you have no idea what you are talking about.
                        Last edited by JimL; 11-28-2017, 10:28 AM.

Comment

• NAMBLA was not trying to fool anyone. They have always been open about what they represent. They didn't con IGLA. IGLA knew who they were and accepted them for 10 years. The only reason they kicked them out was because of public pressure from outside. Pretty much exactly like Harvey Weinstein. Hollywood knew what he was doing and turned a blind eye until someone on the outside shined a light on the depravity. Then all of a sudden they all turned against Weinstein and pretended to be shocked and disgusted by his behavior. And then more and more of the corruption and perversion kept being exposed with person after person being exposed as a sexual deviant. The rot runs deep, both in liberal hollywood and with the IGLA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            NAMBLA was not trying to fool anyone. They have always been open about what they represent. They didn't con IGLA. IGLA knew who they were and accepted them for 10 years. The only reason they kicked them out was because of public pressure from outside. Pretty much exactly like Harvey Weinstein. Hollywood knew what he was doing and turned a blind eye until someone on the outside shined a light on the depravity. Then all of a sudden they all turned against Weinstein and pretended to be shocked and disgusted by his behavior. And then more and more of the corruption and perversion kept being exposed with person after person being exposed as a sexual deviant. The rot runs deep, both in liberal hollywood and with the IGLA.
                            This isn't a question of opinion Sparko. Thats the problem with all your answers, they're just opinions. NAMBLA, I believe began back in the sixties after the harrassment and arrests of young people and their older partners. Show me what NAMBLA'S Constitution was at the time, what their stated purpose of existence as an organization was and IGLA's stated reason for accepting them under their human right umbrella at that time. When you've done that, then you can tell me whether or not IGLA is pro-pedophilia. Otherwise all you're doing is arguing from ignorance.

Comment

This isn't a question of opinion Sparko. Thats the problem with all your answers, they're just opinions. NAMBLA, I believe began back in the sixties after the harrassment and arrests of young people and their older partners. Show me what NAMBLA'S Constitution was at the time, what their stated purpose of existence as an organization was and IGLA's stated reason for accepting them under their human right umbrella at that time. When you've done that, then you can tell me whether or not IGLA is pro-pedophilia. Otherwise all you're doing is arguing from ignorance.
                              They started in 1978. Apparently it is you who doesn't know anything about them. They were never secretive about their goals. If you want to see their constitution, go to their website. I am not going there.
                              Here is the wikipedia entry on them, feel free to prove me wrong. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_...ve_Association

Also:

As even some critics acknowledge, NAMBLA members have not been secretive about their beliefs and practices. On the contrary, the group maintains a formidable list of publications, available in many bookstores and libraries. The Harvard University Library, as well as several other prominent repositories, carry runs of the group's publications, including NAMBLA News, NAMBLA Bulletin, NAMBLA Journal, and Gayme. A series called NAMBLA Topics addresses mostly legal issues, although number 4 is called Boys Speak Out on Man/Boy Love (1986); number 5 offers an anthology, Poems of Love and Liberation (1996); and number 8 (1998) carries a short story, "Voodoo," by Ken Esser. The group also published A Witchhunt Foiled: The FBI vs. NAMBLA (1985). Nor has NAMBLA shied away from appropriate public venues, including LGBT pride parades, radio and television programs, and protest marches.

Encyclopedia of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered History in America
                              COPYRIGHT 2004 The Gale Group Inc.

http://www.encyclopedia.com/social-s...ciation-nambla

Comment

And once again you are giving me a definition of NAMBLA as others define it...
                                Jimmy, you're STILL DEFENDING the PEDOPHILES?!?!?!?!

Again, I thought I was only being facetious when I 'prophesied' that you guys would find them acceptable!

Comment