Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Triumph of Trump: NFL kneeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've pointed out a few of those as things that the NFL has banned. You can add them telling players that they cannot simulate shooting an arrow from a bow while celebrating a touch down (or "twerking") and forbidding calling the officials or other players bad names.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      right. the NFL and their owners allowed them to do it. The fans protested. Now the NFL and some owners are not allowing it. In other words, their employers get to decide what the consequences are. And the fans can protest any actions they don't like, which they did. Since it is now affecting the NFL's pocketbook, they are reacting and telling the players to stop.
      No, the fans didn't protest, not until Trump made a big racist issue over it and stirred up the idiots who then followed his lead like a bunch of sheep.
      Last edited by JimL; 10-12-2017, 04:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        No, the fans didn't protest, not until Trump made a big racist issue over it and stirred up the idiots who then they followed his lead like a bunch of sheep.
        I know ONE idiot he has REALLY stirred up, and it's YOU!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Sometimes I wonder if Jimmy is really as stupid as he appears, or maybe this is all an act just because he loves to

I mean, how can somebody be THAT dumb and still type (sorta)?
          Sometimes I wonder if CP is really as much of an ass as he appears to be, I mean, how can somebody that much of an ass and still claim to be a preacher (sorta)?

Comment

Sometimes I wonder if CP is really as much of an ass as he appears to be, I mean, how can somebody that much of an ass and still claim to be a preacher (sorta)?
            That was actually clever, Jimmy! And they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No, the fans didn't protest, not until Trump made a big racist issue over it and stirred up the idiots who then followed his lead like a bunch of sheep.
              You should think about maybe not pontificating on topics of which you are ignorant, Jim. There was a pretty significant impact on the fanbase prior to Trump. And it may come as a surprise to you, but there are a whole lot of football fans who like Trump about as much as you do.
              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                ...there are a whole lot of football fans who like Trump about as much as you do.
                NASCAR, on the other hand.....

Comment

Baloney. Attendance and viewership were noticeably dropping last year shortly after Kaepernick started kneeling and several analysts linked those drops directly to his actions.

And here is a story from over a year ago:

Source: 49ers fan burns Kaepernick jersey while playing national anthem

49ers fans are now protesting Kaepernick's protest

If the past 24 hours are any indication, there might not be any Colin Kaepernick jerseys left in America by the end of the week.

In a twist of irony, fans of the 49ers quarterback are protesting his protest by burning their Kaepernick jersey as a form of protest against him. Several 49ers fans have taken to social media over the past 24 hours to share videos that involve Kaepernick's jersey being burning.

Kaepernick's popularity with some fans took a big hit on Friday night after he refused to stand for the national anthem.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

But in jimmy world nobody was protesting until Trump stuck his nose into it.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    But in jimmy world nobody was protesting until Trump stuck his nose into it.
                    I wonder if Bush thanks God for Trump - it's no longer "all Bush's fault".

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      I wonder if Bush thanks God for Trump - it's no longer "all Bush's fault".
                      None of the Bushes are even close to being fans of Trump but yeah, George W kinda owes him one for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        Tassman, maybe NFL guys don't think they are disrespecting the flag in their little heads, but they are.
                        IF they want to protest racism, then do so, but how does not standing for the national anthem do that? Is the flag racist? Is the anthem racist? If they are protesting racism, then make it clear that they are protesting racism by actually protesting against it.
                        No they did not take a knee before. Only Kaepernick and a few others. And then Trump had to open his big mouth and make things worse. Then they all kneeled. Why? because Trump basically dared them to. It was a protest against Trump and they protested by disrespecting the flag and what it stands for.
                        Correct. Trump exacerbated the issue, as he tends to do with his confrontational, divisive style.

I wouldn't expect a foreigner and an alt-left liberal like yourself to understand, and you clearly don't.
                        Alt-left liberalism is non-existent, unlike the Alt-right which is basically a racist white supremacist movement.

Comment

• Weak rationalization. They can "intend" whatever they want, but what they are ACTUALLY doing is disrespecting the flag and everything it represents.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

If it was just not agreeing with them I couldn't care less, the President is actively trying to shut them up. He's threatening the tax status of the league if they don't do something about it. He's spending hundreds of thousands of tax payer dollars to pull political stunts in order to manipulate public opinion to stay away. Jerry Jones took a knee with his players and now he's changed his tune because of the threat the President is posing.
                            First, he didn't actually try to threaten the tax status,

second, you were saying I and the other conservatives were against free speech, now you are moving the goal posts again. Can't you just stick to the actual points and your original argument?

Again, we are not against free speech. We just disagree with what the "speech" is saying and we are protesting using words and boycotts. Which is a hell of a lot better than rioting and burning property and punching "nazis" which you do support. So stop being such a hypocrite and stop moving the goal posts every time you get caught in your hypocrisy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                              Maybe in your little white head
                              wow, how racist of you Tassy! You bigot!

I don't believe them because none of them took a knee until Trump said anyone doing it should be fired. Why weren't they protesting before that?

Alt-left liberalism is non-existent, unlike the Alt-right which is basically a racist white supremacist movement.
                              And the SJWs, the Antifa, BLM and the far left like you are Alt-Left. own it.

Comment

• He may have a point about the "alt-left". "Alt-right" is useful for identifying the extremist fringe of conservativism that the overwhelming majority of conservatives reject. On the other hand, the overwhelming majority of liberals are irrational extremists, so "alt-left" is redundant.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment