Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Triumph of Trump: NFL kneeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Good, John Schnatter, Founder and Ceo of Papa Johns is a greedy selfish jerk anyway who raled against the raising of the minimum wage for his employee's even though his Co. profits were booming.
    I always see "Now Hiring" signs at Domino's and Pizza Hut. If it was so bad at Papa Johns nobody was forcing them to work there.

But the point that soared over your little pinhead is that this is yet another indication that the multi-millionaire athletes are destroying their industry. Just think of how many drug dealers and hookers will be adversely effected when that happens.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      If you actually read what you cite you would have noticed that the NFL"S ratings drop began long before the origin of Kaepernick taking a knee in protest, and further before Trumps use of the protest for political reasons.

Comment

If you actually read what you cite you would have noticed that the NFL"S ratings drop began long before the origin of Kaepernick taking a knee in protest, and further before Trumps use of the protest for political reasons.
        Seriously, are you high? What I cite says nothing of the sort regarding any sort of drop pre-Kaepernick. No one is pretending that the drop didn't start until Trump opened his yap.
        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          I always see "Now Hiring" signs at Domino's and Pizza Hut. If it was so bad at Papa Johns nobody was forcing them to work there.

But the point that soared over your little pinhead is that this is yet another indication that the multi-millionaire athletes are destroying their industry. Just think of how many drug dealers and hookers will be adversely effected when that happens.
          Nah, you're just hopeful that they are destroying their industry. But my little pinhead is not quite getting your point concerning drug dealers and hookers. Would you care to elaborate?

Comment

Seriously, are you high? What I cite says nothing of the sort regarding any sort of drop pre-Kaepernick. No one is pretending that the drop didn't start until Trump opened his yap.
            The drop started before Kaepernick even began his protest.

Comment

The drop started before Kaepernick even began his protest.
              There had been a slight down turn in viewership but not attendance where it was not uncommon for games to play to SRO crowds. I even showed you how the worst teams in the league had 90% capacity crowds. After Kaepernick the drop in viewership turned into a nose dive and now attendance at the games has plummeted as well.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

There had been a slight down turn in viewership but not attendance where it was not uncommon for games to play to SRO crowds. I even showed you how the worst teams in the league had 90% capacity crowds. After Kaepernick the drop in viewership turned into a nose dive and now attendance at the games has plummeted as well.
                Trumps claim of falling ratings is bogus, okay. All sports, including NASCAR have been in decline for some time now and it has little if anything to do with protests.

Here, read it and weep.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-are-way-down/

Ratings also fluctuate from year to year. So if you can't accept that then there's no help for you.

Comment

Not sure there was a slight downturn in viewership either. from January 2016:

link
                  Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Trumps claim of falling ratings is bogus, okay. All sports, including NASCAR have been in decline for some time now and it has little if anything to do with protests.

Here, read it and weep.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-are-way-down/

Ratings also fluctuate from year to year. So if you can't accept that then there's no help for you.
                    Politifact? No surprise they'd attempt to twist the numbers to support the MSM POV. The article I cited directly above rather puts the lie to their attempts.
                    sigpic

Comment

Politifact? No surprise they'd attempt to twist the numbers to support the MSM POV. The article I cited directly above rather puts the lie to their attempts.
                      Not only that but the politifact article is from Sept 24 and they are only using the first two weeks of ratings data according to their own article.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        Not only that but the politifact article is from Sept 24 and they are only using the first two weeks of ratings data according to their own article.
                        Hmmm, did you happen to read the fact that ratings for all sports are down? There are no protests in NASCAR, no protests in Basketball, and yet their ratings are down and the NFL has them all beat in the ratings. So, if it makes you feel better to believe that conservative boycotting is killing the NFL, enjoy your little fantasy.

Comment

So wait...they conclude his claim is false, and then say that the data set is too small to draw any conclusions?
                          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• They haven't gone in free fall like what the NFL is experiencing. And attendance for teams that were getting 90% capacity looks like they're lucky to get 70%.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                              So wait...they conclude his claim is false, and then say that the data set is too small to draw any conclusions?
                              It's politifact. A very ironically-named web site.

Comment

It's politifact. A very ironically-named web site.
                                They're just getting harder and harder to parody.... It's like they're not even trying anymore.
                                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment