Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Triumph of Trump: NFL kneeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    If Trump wasn't in office this issue wouldn't have been used by him, wouldn't have been misconstrued as an insult to the flag and the national anthem rather than a civil rights protest against the unjust killings of black men by police in order to rile up the deplorables on the right. Now its become something wholly different, now its also about free speech and standing up to the authoritarian who would deprive it of us all if it suits his purposes.
    Wrong yet again. This is just another version of your erroneous and easily refuted claim that nobody was protesting the protest until Trump got involved.

It was seen as being an insult to the flag and national anthem from the very start.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
      If Trump wasn't in office this issue wouldn't have been used by him, wouldn't have been misconstrued as an insult to the flag and the national anthem rather than a civil rights protest against the unjust killings of black men by police in order to rile up the deplorables on the right. Now its become something wholly different, now its also about free speech and standing up to the authoritarian who would deprive it of us all if it suits his purposes.
      "It's Trump's fault! "
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
        Its not meant to make you feel comfortable, its meant to make you aware, to make people think.
        It makes me think that NFL players are a bunch of overpaid, unpatriotic jackasses.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          It makes me think that NFL players are a bunch of overpaid, unpatriotic jackasses.
          0000000000000cg1g.jpg

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Wrong yet again. This is just another version of your erroneous and easily refuted claim that nobody was protesting the protest until Trump got involved.

It was seen as being an insult to the flag and national anthem from the very start.
            Sure, but it was seen that way only by the thoughtless idiots who erroneously believe themselves to be great patriots.

Comment

Sure, but it was seen that way only by the thoughtless idiots who erroneously believe themselves to be great patriots.
              Hey Charles, here's another opportunity for you to nanny someone responding only with ad hominem and insults.
              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Its not meant to make you feel comfortable, its meant to make you aware, to make people think.
                Sheeeeesh, Jimmy, are you doubling up on the rabbit pellets "smart pills"? Nobody said anything about COMFORTABLE -- It's simply not doing what they claim they want it to do. It's making people not want to watch football or buy tickets. How smart is THAT?

No matter how much you try to pretend this is a noble effort, it's blowing up in their faces. If they were smart, they'd find a better way to get their message across.
                Last edited by Cow Poke; 10-14-2017, 02:31 PM.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Jimmy must've not gotten his latest batch of liberal talking points for idiots.... he's still operating off old scripts.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Only a short-sighted fool could not have anticipated the reaction from all but the far left fringe. Moreover, when the obvious reaction did indeed take place did they step back and say something like "Hmm. This isn't working out the way we thought it would. Perhaps we should take a different tack." Noooo. They figured they would double down and even triple down on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      Hey Charles, here's another opportunity for you to nanny someone responding only with ad hominem and insults.
                      Funny how he always seems to miss these opportunities and only catches them when they happen to be from someone who he just happens to disagree with. Surely it must be purely coincidental since Charles is obviously such a paragon of civility.

Comment

Funny how he always seems to miss these opportunities and only catches them when they happen to be from someone who he just happens to disagree with. Surely it must be purely coincidental since Charles is obviously such a paragon of civility.
                        Glass houses.

Comment

It was exacerbated by Trump, which is the point being made. And, as a man with an exemplary record in the armed services, one can understand why Trump is so upset at the perceived insult to the flag...oh wait! He was a war-dodger, who took a lot of care to not go to war in his youth.

It was seen as being an insult to the flag and national anthem by whom? Not by the people protesting. Their stated intention is clear, it is to protest against racial injustice in America, not the flag.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                            Their stated intention is clear, it is to protest against racial injustice in America, not the flag.
                            Unfortunately, they're too dumb or stubborn (or both) to see that their plan is failing miserably. All they're doing is creating more division.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Unfortunately, they're too dumb or stubborn (or both) to see that their plan is failing miserably. All they're doing is creating more division.
                              We will see. The same thing happened under Martin Luther King and his Freedom Marches, but they eventually managed to effect significant changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                                It was exacerbated by Trump, which is the point being made.
                                You cannot dig jimmy out of this hole. His claims were that "the fans didn't protest, not until Trump made a big racist issue over it" and "[i]f Trump wasn't in office this issue ... wouldn't have been misconstrued as an insult to the flag and the national anthem." These pontifications are, as the great theoretical physicist Wolfgang Pauli put it when he said "Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch" ("It is not only not right, it is not even wrong") --or as Asimov's axiom describes it, wronger than wrong.

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                                It was seen as being an insult to the flag and national anthem by whom?
                                By both the American people and by football fans.

Several polls show that the public is opposed to these antics by something like a 2-to-1 margin, although the MSM (which heavily supports it) has attempted to cover this up by simply reporting that the country is "divided" or "split" over the issue (I'm sure that's precisely how they would be portraying it if the public supported it by a 2-to-1 margin ).

And the fans are turning away from the game in disgust. Viewership and ticket sales are falling like a rock. And there is this:

Source: Shock poll: NFL now least liked sport, core fans down 31%

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Comment