Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

I Guess Hanging White Children Is OK...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    I wouldn't kneel during the anthem, but I don't really care if somebody else does. I think it's stupid for the president to say the NFL should fire them for it. I feel the same about flag burning, btw (it's dumb and disrespectful, but... if that's what they want to do, go for it).
    I don't watch football for political commentary.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Fine, and you, and we, are all free to voice are opinions, but Trump wants to shut the players up and have them fired for exercising that right. You guys are all for freedom of speech, just so long as it is speech that you agree with.
      That's hilarious coming from you. We have been for freedom of speech especially when we DON'T agree with it. That is what all those threads about the civil war protests by the KKK were about. We don't agree with the KKK but we believe they have the right to protest without being beaten up by antifa thugs. In return for believing in free speech and defending it, you, Tassman and Starlight called us Nazis!

Even Trump has the right to express his own opinion. He can't force the NFL to do anything. He can suggest all he wants. He has freedom of speech just like the NFL player and the fans do.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        Yes, or more that I don't care whether it is. I believe nationalism is idolatry.
        Hmm. I don't know if I'd go so far as to label nationalism idolatry (while, I agree it can certainly go that way easily enough). I don't think there's much of an argument that kneeling is done as a form of disrespect, especially when standing is done intentionally as a sign of respect. And I don't think there's anything wrong with that really. Again, I don't really go for all the hoo-rah America hoopla that a lot of my countrymen do, but I was raised to do the polite and proper thing when possible or where expected. I hold the door open for people if they're close enough, I don't talk with my mouth full, I signal when I'm making a turn, and I stand when the national anthem is played in a public arena. It's the sort of things that make a civilization civilized I suppose.

And I'm actually fine with the players protesting, and speaking their minds, but I don't think this form of protest is very effective. If their goal is to raise awareness of the ill treatment of black men by police officers in this nation, then ticking off Joe Sixpack by refusing to stand for the flag during a football game isn't going to do much except cause resentment. Now, I don't really care that much one way or the other. I hate football, and the less people paying attention to sports the better (in my opinion), but even I, Mr. anti-sports, can see that this is basically shooting yourself in the foot. It just plain doesn't get the message across (like the Black Power fist might), and it's totally counter-effective. I just don't get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
          I don't talk with my mouth full....
          Oops, I think I missed that one!
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

here we have another one, completely unaware of her inner racism.
            Or, unlike you, I don't spend my days screaming about fake racism. Are blacks denied any rights whites currently enjoy? Can they work any job whites can work? Instead of screaming racist, prove you assertion.

All of which, even though the above is idiotic nonsense, has nothing to do with the issue at hand. The above is just your racism showing itself.
            Than prove it because everything I said has been repeated to me by black men and women I work with everyday. Many of them can't stand black culture because they say it breeds failure. Many of them have been looked down on by their fellow black men and women for wanting and working to do well in school, get a decent career, or join the AF. Scream racist at the top of your lungs as much as you want, but I think I'll trust my black friends and the things they said was was wrong with their community vs an ultra liberal, that thinks screaming racist and accusing people of 'secret racism' for repeating what black people say is an actual argument. Now, I await for you to prove a word I said is wrong.
            Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 09-26-2017, 12:21 PM.
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Fine, and you, and we, are all free to voice are opinions,
              Not at your workplace. And especially not in the NFL and NBA...

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/09/s...incidents.html
              https://www.sbnation.com/2016/9/16/1...zy-cleats-fine
              http://www.complex.com/sneakers/2015...e-red-nba-fine
              https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/l...r-green-shoes/
              https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/n...iate-comments/
              https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...all/462271001/
              http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/24/sp...igay-slur.html
              http://articles.latimes.com/2011/apr...akers-20110414
              https://newsone.com/339051/nfl-playe...anti-gay-slur/

but Trump wants to shut the players up and have them fired for exercising that right.
              Because it's their workplace, not their homes.
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                  Or, unlike you, I don't spend my days screaming about fake racism. Are blacks denied any rights whites currently enjoy? Can they work any job whites can work? Instead of screaming racist, prove you assertion.

Than prove it because everything I said has been repeated to me by black men and women I work with everyday. Many of them can't stand black culture because they say it breeds failure. Many of them have been looked down on by their fellow black men and women for wanting and working to do well in school, get a decent career, or join the AF. Scream racist at the top of your lungs as much as you want, but I think I'll trust my black friends and the things they said was was wrong with their community vs an ultra liberal, that thinks screaming racist and accusing people of 'secret racism' for repeating what black people say is an actual argument. Now, I await for you to prove a word I said is wrong.
                  Jimmy is just virtue signalling and trying to play Holier than Thou by constantly accusing others of being racist. His implication is that he is not one like the rest of us deplorables. At least that is what he is trying to signal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    Jimmy is just virtue signalling and trying to play Holier than Thou by constantly accusing others of being racist. His implication is that he is not one like the rest of us deplorables. At least that is what he is trying to signal.
                    racist racist racist
                    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

racist racist racist
                      Virtue-signaling-prize.jpg
                      That's what
                      - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

racist racist racist
                        tenor.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Fine, and you, and we, are all free to voice are opinions, but Trump wants to shut the players up and have them fired for exercising that right. You guys are all for freedom of speech, just so long as it is speech that you agree with.
                          Looks like it is going to take 10 years to get any irony meters. JimL just blew up every single factory in the world with the bolded statement.

We believe in letting all views be heard. JimL, you starlight and tass are still on this forum aren't you. Enough said.

your hypocrisy is showing.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post

you'll be waiting a long time all the leftist can do is try to shout down anyone who's veiw they disagree with while running away when asked to give proof for a false assertion they make. as shown in this video.

Oh and watch what happens at the end of this video the leftist idiot is asked to prove his assertion at 10:20 they had to run away because they knew they what they said was a lie and knew that True intellectual free speech adherents were on to them.
                            Last edited by RumTumTugger; 09-26-2017, 04:55 PM.

Comment

• I guess that makes 64% of us racist.

New Survey: 64 Percent Of Americans Say NFL Players Should Stand For Anthem

http://remingtonresearchgroup.com/su...FL_9-25-17.pdf

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                                I guess that makes 64% of us racist.
                                Well, yeah

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment