Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

No, Trump Did Not Call Neo-Nazis and White Supremacists 'Very Fine People'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam View Post
    Where were the "very fine people" at the Friday night Charlottesville rally? What were they doing while the mass of rallygoers were chanting "Jews will not replace us"? Maybe that kid back there in the white shirt?

_82A2092.jpg

-Sam
    One can always count on Sam to come scouting in on his backside to continue to defend the indefensible if admitting it was a lie hurts his cherished narrative.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Where were the "very fine people" at the Friday night Charlottesville rally? What were they doing while the mass of rallygoers were chanting "Jews will not replace us"? Maybe that kid back there in the white shirt?
      What does it say about someone continuing to perpetuate a lie even after his fellow travelers have admitted that it's a lie?
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

What does it say about someone continuing to perpetuate a lie even after his fellow travelers have admitted that it's a lie?
        Well it is Sam, so we don't expect integrity or honesty.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Well it is Sam, so we don't expect integrity or honesty.
          He's quite insufferable, isn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            One can always count on Sam to come scouting in on his backside to continue to defend the indefensible if admitting it was a lie hurts his cherished narrative.
            Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

If an anti-Israel rally was planned, coordinated, and executed by known virulent antisemites and the rallygoers shouted en masse "Death to Israel From the River to the Sea" would either of you accept, for even one second, Joe Biden defending those rallygoers the following day by claiming that there were "very fine people" in that rally, without providing any examples of who he was talking about?

The answer is a very loud "No" and we all know it.

-Sam
            "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

If an anti-Israel rally was planned, coordinated, and executed by known virulent antisemites and the rallygoers shouted en masse "Death to Israel From the River to the Sea" would either of you accept, for even one second, Joe Biden defending those rallygoers the following day by claiming that there were "very fine people" in that rally, without providing any examples of who he was talking about?

-Sam
              Stop promoting the lie, Sam. Even Snopes admits that isn't what happened, and I'm certain you know it. President Trump, in his remarks, very explicitly condemned the neo-Nazis and white nationalists. Here are the President's exact words:

I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists. They should be condemned totally.

So the President called out the neo-Nazis and white nationalists by name and explicitly condemned them, which means that when he said, "You also had some very fine people on both sides," he was unambiguously talking about people other than the neo-Nazis and white nationalists.

But, no, you go ahead and keep promoting the lie while self-righteously patting yourself on the back for having an unwavering commitment to the truth.
              Last edited by Mountain Man; 06-24-2024, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Does this mean Snopes is wrong?

Comment

-Sam
                  How very... H_A of you. When the facts completely contradict the claim, simply shift the claim and pretend that was what it was all along.

That racists were in attendance at the protest is not in question, so please stop pretending anyone ever said otherwise.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Does this mean Snopes is wrong?
                    Snopes is answering the wrong question, attempting to split hairs with a disingenuous statement. If Trump denies he's calling white supremacists "very fine people" at a rally explicitly organized and attended by white supremacists marching with torches and chanting "Jews will not replace us", the relevant question is "Then who at the rally was he talking about?"

Trump can't answer that question, never did answer that question. So his "very fine people" remark was chaff, meant to deflect criticism from his supporters. But because the attendees of a white supremacist rally are, by virtue of attending and marching with the crowd, choosing to identify with white supremacists, the people Trump was calling "very fine people" were white supremacists and their sympathizers.

-Sam
                    "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

How very... H_A of you. When the facts completely contradict the claim, simply shift the claim and pretend that was what it was all along.

That racists were in attendance at the protest is not in question, so please stop pretending anyone ever said otherwise.
                      <taps the sign>

-Sam

Comment

-Sam
                        The Left isn't that simplistic, but Biden wouldn't explicitly condemn the phrase either and have a more muted response and simply "strongly disagree" with the phrasing while still considering part of "legitimate debate". We know the as a member of Congress used the phrase and that was Biden's response.

We’ve been — you know, we’ve been clear. You’ve heard from members of NSC, whether it is the Admiral or whether it is Jon Finer, who spoke to this — that when it comes to the phrase that was used, “from — from river to the sea,” it is div- — divisive. It is hurtful to m- — many find it hurtful. And also, many find it antisemitic. And so, obviously, we categorically reject applying the term to this conflict.

But I will more — more broadly say — this is something that John Finer said when he had his interview on Sunday on “Face the Nation”: We respect that there are strong feelings about the war in Gaza. And we — legitimate — and there are legitimate public debates and concerns about how it is being fought.

So, we have expressed strong views ourselves, in public and in private — conversations with the Israeli c- — officials, as you heard the Admiral speak to, as you all aware, about the importance of preventing civilian casualties, for sure — for certain.

But remember, Israel is defending itself from terrorists who committed a horrific act — that’s what we saw on October 7th, as you all know — and who have taken about 240 people hostage, including American citizens.

So, not going to speak to the actions that Congress took. But certainly, as it relates to that term, we’ve been very clear: We strongly disagree.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...john-kirby-28/

Zero condemnation for phrase meant to mean the eradication of State of Israel.
                        P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

The Left isn't that simplistic, but Biden wouldn't explicitly condemn the phrase either and have a more muted response and simply "strongly disagree" with the phrasing while still considering part of "legitimate debate". We know the as a member of Congress used the phrase and that was Biden's response.

We’ve been — you know, we’ve been clear. You’ve heard from members of NSC, whether it is the Admiral or whether it is Jon Finer, who spoke to this — that when it comes to the phrase that was used, “from — from river to the sea,” it is div- — divisive. It is hurtful to m- — many find it hurtful. And also, many find it antisemitic. And so, obviously, we categorically reject applying the term to this conflict.

But I will more — more broadly say — this is something that John Finer said when he had his interview on Sunday on “Face the Nation”: We respect that there are strong feelings about the war in Gaza. And we — legitimate — and there are legitimate public debates and concerns about how it is being fought.

So, we have expressed strong views ourselves, in public and in private — conversations with the Israeli c- — officials, as you heard the Admiral speak to, as you all aware, about the importance of preventing civilian casualties, for sure — for certain.

But remember, Israel is defending itself from terrorists who committed a horrific act — that’s what we saw on October 7th, as you all know — and who have taken about 240 people hostage, including American citizens.

So, not going to speak to the actions that Congress took. But certainly, as it relates to that term, we’ve been very clear: We strongly disagree.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...john-kirby-28/

Zero condemnation for phrase meant to mean the eradication of State of Israel.
                          C'monman! Old Joe definitely made it clear that he absolutely doesn't condone it. What more could one ask? No lie.

Comment

-Sam
                            Thankfully, that didn't happen.

What did happen were widespread protests featuring rallygoers calling out "Down with Israel" and "Free Palestine," coordinated and executed by student activists in response to a horrifying count of civilian casualties including the deaths of more than ten thousand starving children bombed into oblivion with US-made weapons.

I question the utility of any counterexample that seeks to illustrate a moral dilemma by contrasting actual antisemites at Charlottesville with fictional antisemites at American universities.

Comment

And denying that Hunter's laptop was real.

And denying that Ashley's diary was real.
                              Keep on repeating that and eventually you'll convince yourself it's true.

Comment

At Charlottesville, there were neo-nazis, white supremacists, and fellow travelers. There were no "very fine people" in that crowd. Neither are there any very fine people supporting them.

Comment